GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a G6 Lite and a Passcard 3. Recently I've been having a problem with few games beinginterupted by a total power cutoff while playing a game. The battery still has plenty of charge and the DS turns back on fine after it crashes. This seems to happen especially in Yoshi's Island DS but I have seen it has happened in a couple of other roms as well. Other games run fine with no problems. It seems like the DS is using too much power and cuts off but it does it with the AC attached as well.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'm thinking of replacing the battery to see if that fixes it.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not sure what it is. It only seems to happen on some games and seems to be related to the G6 Lite somehow since it happens when the passcard is removed and I can't get it to happen with the commercial carts I have. I reformated the G6L and it still happened in Yoshi's island.

lungfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same issue, but it's not G6 or Passcard related (at least not for me). Search YouTube for DS Lite Power Glitch - you'll see other people with the same defect. I could reproduce it by pressing UP+Y+B. The DS would shut off even without a game in the slot.

This is the 2nd DS Lite I've had with the problem. The first one was a week or so after I bought it, so I returned it to the store. My 2nd DS Lite started doing the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I sent it in to Nintendo, I should get it back any day.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I will look this up. I think I'm going to have to send my DS Lite back anyway. I just had another famous glitch happen. My right hinge cracked.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same issue, but it's not G6 or Passcard related (at least not for me). Search YouTube for DS Lite Power Glitch - you'll see other people with the same defect. I could reproduce it by pressing UP+Y+B. The DS would shut off even without a game in the slot.

This is the 2nd DS Lite I've had with the problem. The first one was a week or so after I bought it, so I returned it to the store. My 2nd DS Lite started doing the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I sent it in to Nintendo, I should get it back any day.

Just an update. I finally got hold of a nintendo rep and the Power Glitch is real and is covered by their warranty. Nintendo's customer service rep was great. When I thanked him he said something that I hadn't heard from the Dell's and EBgames etc.. in a long time. He said, "That's why we're here". Nintendo is aware of their customers needs and I think that is what will make the difference in the current generation of gaming.

The rep also asked me alot of questions. He said they have been scammed more than once and are careful.

I'm a Sega die hard converted!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkjpCNa6vlY