Hacking Games Requiering 7.x

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Appearently the latest Mario Party update is the first game update to require fw 7.x and cannot be bypassed by any homebrew.

So appearently Yoshi would be the first game to require fw 7.x; do you know if there are other games like that ?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's a big deal because there are homebrews that are not working properly on 7.x

It's not a big deal - if you have SXOS you can dual boot, you can have emunand on 6.20 and O/F on 7.01 - and choose whether to boot into emunand/CFW without emunand or O/F. You can even have Atmosphere + SXOS and choose between them at boot time.
It's only a big deal to you - because of your lack of knowledge of what you can do with your switch.

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a big deal - if you have SXOS you can dual boot, you can have emunand on 6.20 and O/F on 7.01 - and choose whether to boot into emunand/CFW without emunand or O/F. You can even have Atmosphere + SXOS and choose between them at boot time.
It's only a big deal to you - because of your lack of knowledge of what you can do with your switch.

So you can choose to only update emunnand and still use 6.2 cfw ?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
SX OS Emunand supports 7.0.1...

Yes, I'm very much aware of that - however if you want both 6.20 on your device so you can use homebrew that supports it, and you also want to use 7.01 for new games + online features - you need to have one firmware on 6.20 and one firmware on 7.01 (unless you patch your games). Try reading the posts before you made yours, so you have some idea of what the OP wants.

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But I don't understand, in order to play those games, do you have to update emunand or ofw using choidujournx ?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, I'm very much aware of that - however if you want both 6.20 on your device so you can use homebrew that supports it, and you also want to use 7.01 for new games + online features - you need to have one firmware on 6.20 and one firmware on 7.01 (unless you patch your games). Try reading the posts before you made yours, so you have some idea of what the OP wants.
You don't even know from the OP if he wants to play Mario Party on CFW or OFW...

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
But I don't understand, in order to play those games, do you have to update emunand or ofw using choidujournx ?

If you can't/don't understand what I've written - Switch modding is above your skill level. Give your switch to someone else to mod for you, try reading a few forum posts and get yourself acquainted with what's possible and what's not.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@mrdude so your wrong my friend

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you can't/don't understand what I've written - Switch modding is above your skill level. Give your switch to someone else to mod for you, try reading a few forum posts and get yourself acquainted with what's possible and what's not.

You're so useless dude, stop posting now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why does having a discussion ends up like having a fight with those people...

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you need to update your EmuNAND with ChoiDujourNX to 7.0.1 if you have the game on CFW. The disadvantage is that, like you mentioned, some homebrew don't work with 7.0.0+ yet.
Ok thank you for your clear answer, I know what to do know :)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok thank you for your clear answer, I know what to do know :)
Depends on what you want. If you really "need" that update for Mario Party than update your EmuNAND to 7.0.1. But check if all homebrew application which you are using works with 7.0.1 before. I would stay on 6.2.0 if you don't "need" it but that's what you need to decide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu