Gaming Games That Need Porting

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Now as I'm pretty much a Nintendo loyalist (not that I go out of my way to bash other consoles...I'm not a pathetic fanboy) there are many games on the ps360 that I would love to be ported and have the gamepad utillised. For one I would like MGS4. For one example the MKII I believe its called could have first person veiw on the gamepad and third person on the tv. Another game is the upcoming Hitman: Absolution the gamepad could have a full living 3d map which you can zoom in on. Those are just 2 games off the top of my head. What do you guys reckon?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I am port biased, however, I see much potential for ports on the wii-u. Im sure the big thing for many people will be gamecube ports, which I can agree with on certain levels, however I would love to see games like Skyrim or Dead Space ported.

Reactions: 1 person

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm the same, but with the uniqueness of the Wii U and if the developers make the effort to incorprate the gamepad effectively it could distinguish the port.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection with Twin Snakes chucked into the mix

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Even if it's just using the Pro Controller (or even the classic controller) without taking advantage of the second screen. I'm sure there's a lot of games that those of us who never actually had a PS3 or 360 ... or even a real gaming PC ... would love to have ported to the Wii U just to have access to them.

Also, I'm sure games that NEED the second screen can't use the feature where you play just on the gamepad and don't use the TV. Straight over ports wouldn't have that problem either.

And if Wii games aren't automatically upscaled to HD resolutions or allow redirecting play to the second screen (and I doubt they will) HD collection remakes of THOSE would be nice, too. (heck, you could fit AT LEAST five titles on one disk with their 25gb capacity)

matt1tude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You make a good point, me personally wouldn't mind straight ports. But the critics out there would just have a reason to bash the Wii U for having straight ports with no effort made to distinguish the ports from the original.

D

Deleted_171835

Less ports, more exclusives.

I would go for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection with Twin Snakes chucked into the mix
Definitely this. Having a semi-portable MGS HD Collection running at 60FPS with Twin-Snakes would be awesome.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to buy the same games i already own so i hate ports of any kind.

What a blind sweeping statement. What about a port of a game from a console you never owned?
Not to mention that no one says you HAVE to buy the ports if you already own the originals. It's not like Nintendo is telepathically controlling you and forcing you to buy the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 or Batman: Arkham City when you already have the PS3/360 version. If you just "can't resist" buying a port, that's your own fault.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much any game on the PS360 can benefit from the second screen. Less clutter on the screen, maps, item selection, mini gamish type stuff. But does that mean they should? No. Give us original games. Show us what the WiiU can do.

Reactions: 4 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't want to buy the same games i already own so i hate ports of any kind.

What a blind sweeping statement. What about a port of a game from a console you never owned?

only problem is, i own all the current gen consoles, so that's a silly reason to flame me for, my point still stands, why should i fork out $60 for the same game i already own on another console? anyways if you disagree just move on, my opinion is not going to change is it?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

that is pretty much what current gen is all about these days, buying the same game multiple times, HD collections and rehashes and call of duty clones, give us something ORIGINAL, game developers have no class that's why they churn out these HD collections because they are a quick way to make money.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that is pretty much what current gen is all about these days, buying the same game multiple times, HD collections and rehashes and call of duty clones, give us something ORIGINAL, game developers have no class that's why they churn out these HD collections because they are a quick way to make money.

God do you ever do anything that isn't complaining in every thread? Seriously it's just "THEY'RE BENDING CONSUMERS OVER A BENCH" or "DLC IS THE CANCER OF GAMING" or "ALL THEY DO IS PORT".

Gaming is still a luxury. You don't have to buy any game that's just a clone or a port. You choose what you buy.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
only problem is, i own all the current gen consoles, so that's a silly reason to flame me for, my point still stands, why should i fork out $60 for the same game i already own on another console? anyways if you disagree just move on, my opinion is not going to change is it?
Um, you don't. That's just it. No one is forcing you to buy a port, so why complain? Again, if you feel "forced" to buy a port of a game you already own, something is seriously wrong with you.

Ports don't inherently mean that a company isn't working on new games, even in the same franchise. Last I checked, we got not just ports, but REMAKES of both Star Fox 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, and yet we still got Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Mario Party 9 all within less than 12 months from when those remakes came out.

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

God do you ever do anything that isn't complaining in every thread? Seriously it's just "THEY'RE BENDING CONSUMERS OVER A BENCH" or "DLC IS THE CANCER OF GAMING" or "ALL THEY DO IS PORT".

Gaming is still a luxury. You don't have to buy any game that's just a clone or a port. You choose what you buy.

Says Guild McCommunist, oh the irony! :lol:

@topic: Ports don't really interest me.

Reactions: 2 people

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You don't have to buy any game that's just a clone or a port. You choose what you buy.
Oh, were that only the case. But the game publisher conspiracy is forcing me to buy every game in existence with their orbital mind control magnets D: That's why I resent ports and shovelware, I don't want to spend money on bad games or games I already own. But I have no choice. Magnets! :wtf:

No one is forcing you to buy a port, so why complain? Again, if you feel "forced" to buy a port of a game you already own, something is seriously wrong with you.
You don't know, man, you weren't there D:

Magnets :ph34r:

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd love to see Dragon Quest 8 ported to the psp or ps vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's just a joke..