Gameshark/AR/Codebreaker on PS1 games?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my old Grey "Pizzabox" PS1 's laser has finally died so i'm migrating to my PS3 (80GB CECHE01) i knew some time ago it used to be able to be possible if you did disc swapping (if you did a top shell mod or had it off.) w/ a valid PS1 disc then swap after it stopped spinning the disc, for the gameshark/codebreaker Disc, loaded cheats you wanted the swap again for the intended PS1 disc (burned or normal).

i reeealy dont care to do that w/ a perfectly working Backwards Compatible system. (im on a fixed budget and i'd haveto save up for awhile to get a new CECHE01 or longer if i wanted a A or B (20/60GB)
how would i go about that these days? is it done thru something like Webman? do i haveto patch the PS1Game to do something like load Gameshark/etc ? or something else?

Reactions: _47iscool

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use IRISMAN. In the PSXGAMES folder create a folder called CHEATS and rip your cheat device disc and name it Cheats.

Like this:
dev_usb000/PSXGAMES/CHEATS/Cheats.bin
dev_usb000/PSXGAMES/CHEATS/Cheats.cue

You can do disc swapping by simply unplugging the USB device and re-inserting it.

Reactions: baobao43

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use IRISMAN. In the PSXGAMES folder create a folder called CHEATS and rip your cheat device disc and name it Cheats.

Like this:
dev_usb000/PSXGAMES/CHEATS/Cheats.bin
dev_usb000/PSXGAMES/CHEATS/Cheats.cue

You can do disc swapping by simply unplugging the USB device and re-inserting it.
This method is impossible for PS2 games right? Because I have been injecting codebreaker directly into the ISO to get cheats to work for PS2 games and it is a pain. Do you know any easier way?

gbablackrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking advantage of the topic, I would like to ask something about PSX games on a PS3 console. All of my PSX games are in CHD file format on my external USB. I have been using emulation on my Windows laptop, but now I want to try something more reliable and be able to play them on a big living room TV. If I buy a PS3, will I be able to play my PSX CHD files on it flawless? Do I need one of those old PS3 models that are backwards compatible, or would any jailbroken PS3 work?

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Taking advantage of the topic, I would like to ask something about PSX games on a PS3 console. All of my PSX games are in CHD file format on my external USB. I have been using emulation on my Windows laptop, but now I want to try something more reliable and be able to play them on a big living room TV. If I buy a PS3, will I be able to play my PSX CHD files on it flawless? Do I need one of those old PS3 models that are backwards compatible, or would any

gbablackrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games need to be in either:
  • ISO/CUE, BIN/CUE, IMG/CCD, MDF/CUE.

The compatibility is essentially perfect and almost all guns run exactly as original. It might actually be all run perfectly but I said "almost all" incase there is some I don't know about.

You can use any PS3. I use super slim myself.
Good to know. I'll definitely buy a PS3 super slim then. Can you tell me the exact program/method you use to run PSX games on your super slim? Does it also work well with PS2 games?

baobao43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to know. I'll definitely buy a PS3 super slim then. Can you tell me the exact program/method you use to run PSX games on your super slim? Does it also work well with PS2 games?
Sorry, I erased my post because I am not 100 percent sure if there is another format that it will accept or some way to make CHD files work. In my experience it works perfectly for every PS1 game and most PS2 games run very well. For PS2 you can google "PS2 Classics emulator compatibility list." Most games work but some have issues or require config files.

I followed a guide to install what is called "HEN" as superslim is not compatible with being jailbroken. Hen is a bit annoying to install games on though. To my understanding some of the older PS3 models are actually easier/better for mod. All in all, I am not the best person to talk to as you can see I am not confident of my own information here lol. But I can definitely tell you that I am playing Ps1 games perfectly and most Ps2 games with minimal or no issue.

Last edited by baobao43,

gbablackrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I erased my post because I am not 100 percent sure if there is another format that it will accept or some way to make CHD files work. In my experience it works perfectly for every PS1 game and most PS2 games run very well. For PS2 you can google "PS2 Classics emulator compatibility list." Most games work but some have issues or require config files.

I followed a guide to install what is called "HEN" as superslim is not compatible with being jailbroken. Hen is a bit annoying to install games on though. To my understanding some of the older PS3 models are actually easier/better for mod. All in all, I am not the best person to talk to as you can see I am not confident of my own information here lol. But I can definitely tell you that I am playing Ps1 games perfectly and most Ps2 games with minimal or no issue.
Lol no problem! Thanks for taking the time to explain what works for you!

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method is impossible for PS2 games right? Because I have been injecting codebreaker directly into the ISO to get cheats to work for PS2 games and it is a pain. Do you know any easier way?

The only other method is ps2 patch engine. But sadly it cannot use D-type joker/conditional codes. Only constant write 8-bit/16-bit/32-bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto