Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't like the Wii's RPG selection, but it has not by any means been neglected in that area.
But when compared to the consoles its competing against and the RPGs they get both W and JRPGs it is lackluster so fans of the genre wouldn't turn to a console that wouldn't have the games they want in the first place.

God damn it people. You seriously cannot seem to comprehend the Wii has not been neglected in the area of RPGs. It may be lack luster when compared to everything else, but for fuck's sake get over it. The Wii has many good RPGs, the Xbox 360 has many good RPGs, and while we're at it the PS3 has many good RPGs. Jesus Christ, the Wii has a great stronghold of RPGs despite the fact that it's not a selling point. I'll be damned before I let such misinformation be spread. You may not like it, but I'll tell you right now that I like the Wii's collection almost 10 times as much as I do the PS3's, and as just much as I like the 360's collection.

EDIT: Most of the time, it comes down to hardware which is one of the areas the Wii is sorely lacking. The Wii would have many more awesome RPGs if it could handle them, but alas it cannot. I predict right now that the Wii U will have a ton of great RPGs and that I won't have to buy the other consoles unless a certain Dark Cloud 3 is announce to be Sony Only.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it people. You seriously cannot seem to comprehend the Wii has not been neglected in the area of RPGs. It may be lack luster when compared to everything else, but for fuck's sake get over it. The Wii has many good RPGs, the Xbox 360 has many good RPGs, and while we're at it the PS3 has many good RPGs. Jesus Christ, the Wii has a great stronghold of RPGs despite the fact that it's not a selling point. I'll be damned before I let such misinformation be spread. You may not like it, but I'll tell you right now that I like the Wii's collection almost 10 times as much as I do the PS3's, and as just much as I like the 360's collection.

Um, you're telling us to get over it and that we just don't understand after we clearly refute your evidence and basically tell you your point is moot. Then you just restate your point and start complaining more.

Not exactly strong evidence.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Your attitude is not bad, it's horrible.
Places like this, are supposed to be fun, community of people who share common interest.......I don't see your interests being common at all, from most posts, I see your interest is being right, and "above" all other because other platforms opened your eyes, and it's like you're on a mission to convert people playing only Nintendo, that there is something soooo much better out there for everybody.

I can, but won't remove your portion of a comment, because it makes a pretty good picture of who you are at the moment, and honestly, that's really not something nice.....I really do hope you'll change. If anything, start thinking more objectively!

Reactions: 7 people

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, you're telling us to get over it and that we just don't understand after we clearly refute your evidence and basically tell you your point is moot. Then you just restate your point and start complaining more.

I gave several lists which compare the Wii's RPGs to the other consoles. The Wii does not have RPGs as a selling point, yet it still has incredible titles. Sure it may not have a lot when compared to the other consoles, but I can assure you the quality is much higher than most of the other console's titles. You've yet to prove to me that the Wii has been neglected when it obviously has not been. All you have posted is opinion and conjecture to a person who plays RPGs almost exclusively, and this particular person knows a great RPG when he sees it. Now then, my posts have been laced with a fine amount of facts and opinions which have shown that the Wii has a good amount of RPGs, and from my experience it also has a higher amount of Quality titles than the XBox 360. I will not back away from my stance because of Multiplatform titles that can't be on the Wii due to hardware shortcomings either. (Even though my Top 10 is littered with them)

EDIT: Also, I cannot comment on the PS3 titles as I don't own the console. I can however say with complete confidence that the PS2 has the greatest library of RPGs on a console.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this court or something? All he states is that he is happy with the wii libray of rpg's.

It's not that just he went "Personally I like the Wii RPG library" it's that he threw a hissyfit when we said his evidence supporting the claim that the Wii had a great RPG library is moot. There's a difference between saying "The Wii had some great RPGs" and saying it has a good RPG library.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't like the Wii's RPG selection, but it has not by any means been neglected in that area.
But when compared to the consoles its competing against and the RPGs they get both W and JRPGs it is lackluster so fans of the genre wouldn't turn to a console that wouldn't have the games they want in the first place.

EDIT: Most of the time, it comes down to hardware which is one of the areas the Wii is sorely lacking. The Wii would have many more awesome RPGs if it could handle them, but alas it cannot. I predict right now that the Wii U will have a ton of great RPGs and that I won't have to buy the other consoles unless a certain Dark Cloud 3 is announce to be Sony Only.
I never said it was neglected did I? I said it was lackluster and RPG fans would turn to a console that actually has a larger range of RPGs so they can enjoy instead of a console that has a few RPGs that might be considered to be good. Well since we;re suddenly bringing personal tastes into account as actual facts I enjoy JRPGs and the JRPGs on the PS3, 360 and PSP are much better than the ones provided on the Wii so I like them 1000000 times more than the JRPGs on the Wii.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this court or something? All he states is that he is happy with the wii libray of rpg's.
he threw a hissyfit when we said his evidence supporting the claim that the Wii had a great RPG library is moot.

Because people kept getting into this shitty console wars things and started comparing it to the 360 and ps3. The point is tried to make was if you only owned a Wii this generation and your game of choice happened to be a rpg you weren't exactly starved.

Reactions: 2 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I find the RPGS on the Wii to be literally mental distortions.

Did I do a good job in making light of the two arguments of the last several pages? Personally I'm not convinced I did.

MindC0ntroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO how are we ninty haters? We're all laughing at the fact it's selling already even with the poor launch list

Because there are the following people here on the Temp:

1 - People bitching about the lack of storage on the Wii U and refuse to acknowledge the option of expanding said storage/memory
2 - People bitching about the lack of decent launch titles when the list of game available day one are better than the Wii's launch library
3 - People bitching that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive and yet when exclusives are released on other consoles but Nintendo's they seem fine with it
4 - People bitching about the console being "overpriced" when $300/350 is perfectly reasonable for next gen hardware.

People either need to read the facts and be able to back up their arguments or shut the f*** up about it.

1) How long will 8 GB and 32 GB of storage last you? I have (or had) at least 50-60 GB of games (5 retail, couple PSN) installed onto my PS3. Justifying a $350 console with only 32 GB storage is difficult. It's Nintendo's own fault for focusing too much on the gimmicks I.E the WiiPad

2) A couple of old PS3/360 multiplats and a few exclusives, ZombiiU being the only core exclusive is also pretty hard to justify

3) So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place, onto a console they don't want to buy/don't have the money to buy? Nintendo pulling an MS is really a d!ckmove...

4) Once again, hard to justify when you only get 32 GB of storage because of how expensive the pad is

"People either need to read the facts and be able to back up their arguments or shut the f*** up about it."

Seriously, you're irritated over people criticizing a video game? They're just games...

And before I'm labeled a Nintendo hater, look below at me 3DS friend code, I bought one at launch.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

is this court or something? all he states is that he is happy with the wii libray of rpg's.
he threw a hissyfit when we said his evidence supporting the claim that the Wii had a great RPG library is moot.

Because people kept getting into this shitty console wars things and started comparing it to the 360 and ps3. The point is tried to make was if you only owned a Wii this generation and your game of choice happened to be an rpg you wasn't exactly starved

This man gets it. This is pretty much my initial point. My original intent was not to compare the libraries of the different consoles to prove the Wii was the better console. Obviously that would be outright fanboyism, and I'm above such bullshit. My entire point was to call Guild out on his bullshit that you chose the wrong console for RPGs (if you were dumb enough to base your entire purchase on a single genre). The Wii has a much higher quality RPG ratio than the other consoles in my opinion (even though it doesn't have the sheer number of titles the other consoles have). Sure it doesn't get the Multiplatform titles the other consoles get (which are the usual points people make when they talk about RPGs), but the console can hold it's own if you only have the Wii.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place

it is a big assumption to make isn't it?

I think he's talking about that crowd that only owned the Wii this console generation (for which the ports of Arkham City, ME3, etc. are supposed to be tailored to)... which would make the assumption true. They would have been completely incapable of playing through Bayonetta without a PS3 or 360.

D

Deleted_171835

1) How long will 8 GB and 32 GB of storage last you? I have (or had) at least 50-60 GB of games (5 retail, couple PSN) installed onto my PS3. Justifying a $350 console with only 32 GB storage is difficult. It's Nintendo's own fault for focusing too much on the gimmicks I.E the WiiPad

2) A couple of old PS3/360 multiplats and a few exclusives, ZombiiU being the only core exclusive is also pretty hard to justify

3) So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place, onto a console they don't want to buy/don't have the money to buy? Nintendo pulling an MS is really a d!ckmove...

4) Once again, hard to justify when you only get 32 GB of storage because of how expensive the pad is

"People either need to read the facts and be able to back up their arguments or shut the f*** up about it."

Seriously, you're irritated over people criticizing a video game? They're just games...

And before I'm labeled a Nintendo hater, look below at me 3DS friend code, I bought one at launch.
1. You can add an external drive or use SD cards.

2. ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros. U, Bayonetta 2, Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter Ultimate 3, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and more are hard to justify?

3. How the hell is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U a dick move? FFS, the game wouldn't have even come out at all if Nintendo didn't decide to publish it.

4. You're repeating point 1.

Reactions: 4 people

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country

3. How the hell is Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U a dick move? FFS, the game wouldn't have even come out at all if Nintendo didn't decide to publish it.
Indeed without Nintendo hepling out. Bayonetta 2 would never seen daylight.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Holy fanboy bullshit Batman! Will it never end!

Coming from a 36 year old man that's been video gaming since he was 5, has owned just about every system made since he was 5 and now has 6 year old who's been in the game since he was 2. I got my preorder in for our Wii U not because I want CoD or ME3 or even Zu. I got that preorder in because I enjoy playing some good old fashion Super Mario with my son cause that's what's important to me.

Some of you guys are not gamers your just moaners and bitchers.

Reactions: 7 people

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

*Sigh* If 8 and 32GB are too small for storage space and you neither have an SD card or a USB hard drive, you're the one at fault. Nintendo should not be held accountable for one's stupidity.
Focusing on gimmicks? Gee, I guess the PS3 Move, Xbox Kinect, Wiimote, Dualshock controller and D-pad analogue sticks are all gimmicks that never had a chance of taking off.

I guess that would mean that Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3G, New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3 are all doomed to fail and are deterrents for people not buying a console.
Did the PS3 or Xbox 360 have any worthwhile exclusives to justify its purchase at launch?

So when Microsoft and Sony buy exclusivity rights to a game series, it's perfectly fine (*Cough* Rare *cough*), people don't mind, but when Nintendo buys a series to have a game released only on their console, people rip them to shreds as though they committed some unforgivable crime.

You just repeated reason number one, but I never called specifically you a Nintendo hater, just certain groups of people on this site. If "they're just games", people need to shut up about the whole Bayonetta thing and the lack of seemingly non-expandable storage and move on. But, they all seem hellbent on dragging a dead corpse about it and refuse to let it go.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On topic and out of the fanboy wars, the preorders are going fast. Gamestop, bestbuy, and TRU websites are all gone. The BBs and GSs around me are all gone. Luckily the TRU by me still had some so I snagged a deluxe. I'm going to be annoyed now if amazon and noa patch things up though:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol