Hardware Gamestop Trade-ins

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to trade in my DSi to get the 75 off. My question is can I also trade in some games to reduce the price even lower?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It says on the site get an extra 25% on games traded in towards Nintendo 3DS game... I don't see anything on games towards the system.

You can still trade in games for normal credit towards the system but I don't see anything besides the usual power trade deals and the one above.

3 games- 10% more credit
5 games- 20% more credit
7 or more games- 30% more credit
On any games put towards the purchase of a Nintendo 3DS game- 25% extra credit

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. You can trade in anything you want to lower the price.

The reason they're advertising the hell out of the DS trade-ins is because people don't always think to offload their DS to buy a 3DS, or maybe they're offering like $10 more than standard trade-in value if the DS is put toward a 3DS.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to include the charger when you trade it in (and are there any benefits in doing so?)
Does anyone know what quality the DS has to be in before you trade it in? If the clerk doesn't check it but it's defective, can they somehow return the DS to you and force you to refund them?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Do you have to include the charger when you trade it in (and are there any benefits in doing so?)
Does anyone know what quality the DS has to be in before you trade it in? If the clerk doesn't check it but it's defective, can they somehow return the DS to you and force you to refund them?
Errr they usually plug it in and check it on the spot and I've traded in 2 DSLites. The system shouldn't be cracked or broken anywhere.
My DS' weren't overly scratched so I don't know about this... But I would assume not too damaged. They told me I needed to have the Serial Code on the back still present (so my DSPhat wasn't able to be traded in but the others were).

That's as much as I know....

EDIT: I would assume you'd need the charger... I had a charger for each so it wasn't an issue for me.
I'd still bring it in and see if you're capable of getting anything anyway. Don't let what I say hold ya back or anything.
happy.gif

Zparks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At the game store I work at; having the charger will net you a little more, condition does help also. Mind you I know we have to test them before accepting them. Not sure how it is over there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1