Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

CountBungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a few custom borders, but they seem to have the wrong colours. I exported them as 16-bit BMPs using GIMP. Is there a specific tool I have to use to export them in the correct format?
I just fixed these. They should work now:)

Attachments

• 7in1.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Action52.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 44
  • SMB1.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 37
  • SMB2.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 38
  • SMB3.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: fmhugo

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Attachments

• 20230429_144626.jpg
    20230429_144626.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230429_144700.jpg
    20230429_144700.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37

SageWilson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for necro'ing an old thread, but I found a game that largely does not work on GameYob to my knowledge. It sounds like this emulator has been abandoned, or at least slowed development, but I wanted to post my findings somewhere in case people need this info.

There's an obscure game called Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors for GBC, and at least on my first model 3ds, hardly worked on this emulator. I didn't see the game listed on the compatibility list on the wiki, so I thought I'd drop this info here for future reference. I get maybe 10 minutes of gameplay tops before it freezes, and the fast forward function breaks the game to a glitched out title screen if used too much.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Apologies for necro'ing an old thread, but I found a game that largely does not work on GameYob to my knowledge. It sounds like this emulator has been abandoned, or at least slowed development, but I wanted to post my findings somewhere in case people need this info.

There's an obscure game called Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors for GBC, and at least on my first model 3ds, hardly worked on this emulator. I didn't see the game listed on the compatibility list on the wiki, so I thought I'd drop this info here for future reference. I get maybe 10 minutes of gameplay tops before it freezes, and the fast forward function breaks the game to a glitched out title screen if used too much.
Try Lameboy if Gameyob is failing.

The last time I used a DS was around 2016, so I might be wrong.

SageWilson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Lameboy if Gameyob is failing.

The last time I used a DS was around 2016, so I might be wrong.
Just tried Lameboy, shockingly it seems to function normally for gameplay but after a little bit of time the music turns super high pitched. Theoretically you can at least play it though, so that might be enough for some people. Thanks for the suggestion!

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just tried Lameboy, shockingly it seems to function normally for gameplay but after a little bit of time the music turns super high pitched. Theoretically you can at least play it though, so that might be enough for some people. Thanks for the suggestion!
That's weird, might be your rom file.

Have you tried another rom from a different source?

Nomagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I'm trying to transfer my save from RetroArch (Gambette) on my phone to GameYob DS, however it seems it's not getting picked up. Specifically TLOZ Oracle of Seasons. Where do I need to put the save on the SD, with what name, and which format should I use?

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Dunno. Mine are in the same folder as my roms (/GB). Rom's Path is specified in (/_nds/gameyobds.ini).
regular .sav files works for me.

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone help me? cant seem to get gameyob to detect my bios. i tried changing the folder from gb to gameboy and didnt help. Also i cant seem to find x2 scaling option. I could swear it was there last time i tried it (few years ago)

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
IT's also specified in (/_nds/gameyobds.ini). Mine is:
[general]
rompath=/GB
biosfile=/GB/00_gbc_bios.bin (renamed mine file, choose your regular bios file)
(I have Mavica GameYob 0.5.3b version)
https://github.com/Lana-chan/GameYob/releases
i will try that. whem i open the menu and choose another rom it works. only in twilight menu it doesnt. how can i scale the games 2x? im pretty sure i was able to do that back in the day. do i need to revert to an older version for that? unless i was playing on a dsi instead of dsi xl.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
EDIT: OK. I have few coppies of my files across different carts etc. SO. I Use one gameyobds.ini file again and again and now when I checked where to get ini file, I couldn't find any.. Fresh file. Does Gameyob create new one on firs start?
OK, I get it now:

get Mavica GameYob 0.5.3b version from link above and place it anywhere on your card (this launches Gameyob emulator)
Mavica version has different path to it's settings file than older gameyob versions (gameyobds.ini file in /_nds/ folder)
Run Gameyob emulator, it opens filebrowser.
go to folder with your GB roms and start any game
tap bottom screen
gameyob setting screen opens on bottom screen
tap R-trigger to (settings)
tap down to Save settings
press A to save settings
tap L-trigger go to Quit to launcher. Gameyob will probably crash, so turn off your DS

get your SD card and put in in your computer, Gameyob now created gameyobds.ini file in /_nds/
open gameyobds.ini in text editor and change rom and bios path (to your GB roms folder and folder your bios is located in)
e.g.
rompath=/GB
biosfile=/GB/bios.bin

if you open Gameyob.ds file, GB roms filebrowser opens (in folder you've specified in ini file)
choose GB rom and run any game
tap bottom screen
gameyob setting screen opens on bottom screen
tap R-trigger twice to (Display) settings
change Scaling to whatever you like
tap L-trigger to (settings)
tap down to Save settings
press A to save settings
tap B to hide bottom screen settings menu

Last edited by ryba,

Smith9527

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Does anyone here have a GBC simulator that supports rewind function? I have encountered this feature on NesDs and it is a great feature!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...