Hacking Gateway 2.0 Final Releasing soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, but what exactly is "card2"? Might sound a stupid question, but googling doesn't give me a straight answer.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Sorry, but what exactly is "card2"? Might sound a stupid question, but googling doesn't give me a straight answer.
Games that write saves inside the game ROM image instead of an external EPPROM. These can't be run by any flashcart presently, although it appears to be almost cracked.

The only 2 games that have card2 presently are pokermon x/y and animal crossing. Rest are card1.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

CARD2 - Which uses no external memory to store savedata. Instead savedata is stored on the chip with the CCI data. This is possible because CARD2 chips are a hybrid chip with both RO and RW sections. The CCI data is written to the RO section and the save is written to the RW section. There is an offset specified in the CCI header which tells the 3DS where the writable region begins. The minimum savedata size is 1MB, and can be as large as the RW region. A cart dump of a such CARD2 gamecard would include the writable region, and hence any save data if it was made.

NAND Saving:
Since the release of AC:NL , the term "NAND Saving" has been thrown around causing much misconception.

There are really only two valid uses of the term "NAND Saving":
  1. In reference to Anti-Savegame Restore: In a nutshell, a random value is stored in the SDMC savedata, which is also stored in the 3DS' internal NAND, and the game checks to see if they match while the game is loading, thus preventing older saves from being used. You can read about it at3DBrew.org. So far this is only used with downloadable versions of AC:NL and X/Y.
  2. In reference to custom CARD2 gamecards which use an SLC-NAND (And hence the savedata is saved to the game's NAND chip). The only known game to use this is AC:NL. Do not confuse NAND saving with CARD2 gamecards in general.
NAND saving is NOT:

• Saving the game to the 3DS' internal NAND.
  • Using a CARD1 gamecard with a special SLC-NAND savedata chip in place of an regular EEPROM chip for saving.

Fuck, double ninja'ed

Reactions: Skyrider

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, look at your own post. Did you even read what I last wrote? Fine fine, I list my arguments out in the simplest English possible.

1) Pokemon obsession. Why? Just because I have an avatar and signature which is related to it? Wow good job detective! [/sarcasm] <-- this tag is necessary because I honestly worry for your comprehension skills

2) Alleged Pokemon obsession being basis of argument. lolwut? Nope. My argument is that you were selfishly proclaiming that your wants is more important than that of others. Please do point out where I said anything to the effect of "I LUV MUH POKEMANZ AND I WANT IT NAOOOOOO"

3) Allegedly "demanded" full compatibility. Keyword. "demand" What it means: ask authoritatively or brusquely. Now go ahead and quote the part of my post where I supposedly "demanded" for it. Please do not put words into the mouth of others.

4) Allegedly claimed that 100% compatibility should be main priority over multiboot. Keywords: "main priority" Quote the part of my post where I supposedly said that. Please do not put words into the mouth of others.

5) Multiboot is a basic function. Your opinion. That's all there is to it.

6) Last backup device which does not support multiboot. I remember the Flash2Advance and some other GBA flashcarts.

7) Misc. I see that you attempt to belittle the arguments presented by others by making myself and those who do not agree with your stance out as young children with a liking for Pokemon. So your argument is more significant because you are supposedly older and vice versa? Really? Can I expect you to give me shit for my ethnicity, social status, gender and annual income next?

1) Not even worth a response.

2) I never said that, and you really should stop taking things so personally. I can almost guarantee that the large majority of Gateway owners would prefer "multirom" over Pokeman.

3) I said "essentially". And that is what I'm essentially doing as well. But whichever word I used is beside the point. Point being that 100% compatibility is not something one should expect from a backup device, multirom most definitely is, as that's a huge reason people use them in the first place. Multirom should have been supported at LAUNCH, problematic games are to be expected and will always exist.

4) Again, I said "Essentially" And quit telling me to stop putting words in your mouth, you're not exactly innocent yourself.

5) That's not my opinion, it's a cold hard fact when you look at the long history of backup devices.

6) Well, you're completely wrong. I have a Flash Advance 128 Turbo right here that has 4 roms written to it right now. In case you're wondering, it's the successor to the very first GBA cart to be released, basically the same thing, only with faster RAM. Both support multiboot, as do the carts you listed.

7) You need to have a sense of humor, quit being so defensive about facetious comments.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all just figured I would post the response I received from the gateway team in regards to my inquiry about multirom support.

"It will be included with our final 2.0 firmware, which should be between Christmas and New Year's eve.

mailto:[email protected]

> Merry Christmas and wonderful job with the update. Just a quick
> question as prior to this update I was told that multirom support
> would come before xmas. Just wondering if there is a new ETA for when
> the multirom support and or Pokemon update will be available. Thank

> you so much"

when did you receive this email?

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made fun of Pokemon while providing very legitimate reasons to back up my statements about the actual topic at hand.

If I was a troll, I would have simply made fun of Pokemon. Just as you simply butted into a two sided debate to call names.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why a new thread? We don't have enough?
we don't need 10 different threads announcing a future, possible, hypothetical release.

I allow(ed) new thread for new releases, but creating one thread per user receiving a mail reply from the team is not allowed. we have already duplicated threads for the same subjects, users are posting everywhere the same thing. that's unnecessary.
There's a single thread for that, please use it.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-...news-updates-and-support-thread.357776/unread

Reactions: bkifft
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm @SylverReZ now?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I thought you was Kenny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It seems too good to be true, but seeing nutterbutter comments, makes me think its good. But I'm already on new dash and think ill wait it out in see.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I posted it and you thanked @SylverReZ you drunk lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not gonna use an script online to test, ill wait
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut? I'm drunk not me who?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Guess I was too famous.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ive only heard of the Durango dumps.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a video right above you lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just connect....and your banned, next
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Must be drunk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope, California sober tonight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do they even upload older firmware where you can usb update if newer ones do come out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can update w USB but they only offer newest updates on they site, they don't give old like ps
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant