Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
woah okay! I just did this and it worked and all, but then my Gateway lit up my entire room with a bright white light!

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried to run DevMenu through GW mode, without EmuNAND. I get a "Game card was removed" error.

What the hell is going on? I converted the CSU to .3DS. No idea why this isn't working for me.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah okay! I just did this and it worked and all, but then my Gateway lit up my entire room with a bright white light!

But why is your download >50x your upload? What a cruel ISP.

didnt work...:mellow:
can anyone even confirm this working on a N3ds? anyone got this whole setup working?

Can confirm, everything works fine.

Reactions: ryanjf97

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Why are people saying you need 2 microsD? is that for new3ds or ald 3ds? (i have a old3ds XL and a I'll probably try to update tomorrow).

Also, do i need to separate nands before updating? (never did it because i didnt understand the tutorial i found)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I seriously cannot for the life of me find the DevMenu as a .nds...... only found it as a .cia on that one iso site. Gosh darn it -___-
I installed the cia and tried that and it keeps failing on installing the mset cia..

Search "SDK.DevKit.Tools.3DSWare.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox" on google.

Why are people saying you need 2 microsD? is that for new3ds or ald 3ds? (i have a old3ds XL and a I'll probably try to update tomorrow).

Also, do i need to separate nands before updating? (never did it because i didnt understand the tutorial i found)

Because you need to install the .cia on sysnand and easiest way to do that is to use a new micro-sd card without emunand on it, then booting gateway mode doesn't launch emunand (as the micro-sdc ard doesn't have any emunand on it, and when it's the case, all .cia installed are directly installed to sysnand. It's the same method that people used to install the "flashtimewarp.cia" file to unblock the blue card on 9.x).

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's only for New3DS. And no, this update for o3DS does not need any extra steps aside from the usual replacement of launcher.dat.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
a long time to not see gw update, i feel i lost :O , too much soon <.< without give reasonable date.

so its time to sell my o3DS and buy n3DS B-)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh, there isn't much more to add to the step to step guide.

To anyone who's having issues, here's what I did:

1) Copy the mset cia for your region to the INTERNAL microSD of your N3DS.
2) Get a spare microSD and format it.
3) Copy launcher.dat to the root of both the new microSD and the one you're using in your N3DS.
4) Copy DevMenu.3ds to the GATEWAY microSD. Make sure it's DevMenu and not BigBlueMenu. If it says Title Manager it won't work!
5) Insert the new microSD into your N3DS internal card slot. (The one with nothing on it. just to be sure)
6) Boot your N3DS, wait for it to create the necessary files on your microSD, it will say creating home or whatever.
7) Start the gateway launcher by using Zelda or Cubic Ninja.
8) Select "Install NVRam" and let it finish.
9) Insert your Gateway into your N3DS, boot Gateway mode.
10) Press select, choose "devmenu.3ds" (Bigbluemenu didn't work for me, might work for you, if you need a devmenu that worked for me; http://download1709.mediafire.com/51mhqofkddyg/wd5u7w040bjeq97/4.5 CFW Files.rar )
11)When in devmenu, press the right arrow on your 3DS once, and it will take you to a new menu, where you can choose (mset."your region")
12. Press A, and it will start to install
13. shut down your 3DS, and remove the New SD we used for this process. It has served it's purpose and is no longer needed. Put in your Old 3DS SD with your EMUnand.
14. Start up your 3DS, you will be in sysnand. Go to system settings, and choose "Other settings > "Profile" > DS profile
15. If everything worked, you should be in EMUnand at this point!

Credits to DarkKaine of course for the original step by step guide.

After following these steps, even with the supplied DevMenu, I get "game card has been removed". No idea why this is happening at all...

stussy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sense you have it working can you explain 1000% in grueling bit by bit detail how you did it?
everything from Micro sd brand and type down to N3ds region and FW if you dont mind...

read instructions bit by bit its pretty much straight forward if you have a N3DS best of having 2 sd cards insert blank sd card to 3ds
with 2 files you got from gateway site put them on your card then put card back in your 3ds while your there put launcher dat on your gateway sd card as well
and your good to go

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so if you make the mistake of installing it with the emuNAND installed, what .cia would you install do put the emuNAND/mset back to what is was?

Is this something we can grab using 3DNUS ?

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM