Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glisern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question.. what's the purpose of dev menu? I heard it has something to do with .cia files, but I thought you just placed .cia files on the (root) of the SD card
Placing them in root does nothing. They are there, but the system doesn't give a flying f***. DevMenu or blue...somethingsomething, I forget the name. Installs that .cia to the system, so it acts just like an eshop downloaded title.

Reactions: Kenneth196

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Placing them in root does nothing. They are there, but the system doesn't give a flying f***. DevMenu or blue...somethingsomething, I forget the name. Installs that .cia to the system, so it acts just like an eshop downloaded title.
big blue box (linking it is not gonna do me any good)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question.. what's the purpose of dev menu? I heard it has something to do with .cia files, but I thought you just placed .cia files on the (root) of the SD card
Cia files are like packages that need to be unpacked and to do so you need devmenu. It's a pretty nifty thing when you get the hang of it :)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cia files are like packages that need to be unpacked and to do so you need devmenu. It's a pretty nifty thing when you get the hang of it :)
A pain in the arse though, so many precautions you have to take.
"Don't go in the data managment of any NAND, if you want to enter sysnand data managment you need to format emunand"
"when installing a cia, you must have double the capacity of the .cia"
"you can't login with an NNID or bye bye to every .cia installed"
And the list goes on and on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball