Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka_kui

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
anyone knows a good "website update notifier" app for android guys?

If have sound notifications will be cool

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I don't think gateway understands the definition of imminent

trust me they do understand the meanings of the words they use very well,imminent,soon,any day..etc are all words they use to buy them time & bring them more customers ($$) & so far they have been very successful.

what should have happened by any decent dev team is they should have kept their mouths shut & only talked about the update when it's actually ready for release OR SHOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO PEOPLE THAT THEY'RE GOING TO NEED 2 TO 3 MONTHS TO RELEASE IT but hell no they wouldn't do such a thing because the affect it will have on sales (a lot of people would choose SKY3DS because they want to play games on their holiday's not sit & type in a 1000 page thread). true Gateway team are very talented devs but they're also the most greedy dev team i have come across who thinks about $$ first & last. ....they desperately need a competition.

Reactions: Sys7em and Vickyle

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is absolutely touching. It's like a Pokemon episode: "Friendship Conquers All!!!"

Really though I wouldn't be chatting w/ Phantom if it wasn't for this thread. Annoying as it was to go to bed last night at page 870 somethin' and come back to 940 somethin' after work, this thread is not w/o its merits... I mean it's gotten me 60 likes. :-D

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trust me they do understand the meanings of the words they use very well,imminent,soon,any day..etc are all words they use to buy them time & bring them more customers ($$) & so far they have been very successful.

what should have happened by any decent dev team is they should have kept their mouths shut & only talked about the update when it's actually ready for release OR SHOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO PEOPLE THAT THEY'RE GOING TO NEED 2 TO 3 MONTHS TO RELEASE IT but hell no they wouldn't do such a thing because the affect it will have on sales (a lot of people would choose SKY3DS because they want to play games on their holiday's not sit & type in a 1000 page thread). true Gateway team are very talented devs but they're also the most greedy dev team i have come across who thinks about $$ first & last. ....they desperately need a competition.

Seems more like people are giving up on getting Gateways to go to Sky3DS now, almost 1000 pages and no update. Dont really blame them, so technically its not more money for them. Maybe for Sky3DS there is.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Gateway didn't announce it, while we wouldn't have this thread, we would just have thread after thread of people complaining that it doesn't work on whatever the latest firmware happened to be at the time it comes out. Same thing happened with the initial release. Between announcement of the cart and release, there was not much of a delay and all we got for months was complaining about it being up to 4.5 only and they should have said earlier etc.

Don't announce it, let people update and it will be Gateway's fault they updated, just as it was apparently Gateway's fault people went past 4.5.

Announce it early and say their is X delay and it will just be complaints of stalling tactics and then complaining when it finally does come, because of people updating.

No winning.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
this thread dying... no hope of reaching 1000... where da hype

what hype ? you mean to say the countdown timers ? lol

the only guy you're going to get any real info to get you all hyped up is GaryOpa the maxconsole forum's admin he is the only person i know with close contact to the gateway team but even he barely shares any info about it (maybe instructed so by the GW team) !!

ka_kui

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
helping to reach 1000.

what is your most wanted feature or what will be the first thing you want to do when Gateway update comes out??

For me, the most wanted feature is region free.
First thing to do: -dump a backup of my nand if availiable.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, we just are