Hacking Gateway Brick on b2 caught on camera finally :D

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If their was a risk with b1 I'm sure their would be more people being bricked seeing as most people have switched to b1,

If I'm honest I'm shocked, I myself was in 2 minds on wether people *could* be lying

And btw my brick happened after doing diagnostics test then booting gateway.....so anyone still determined to stay on b2 stay away from diagnostics, that might be the key behind these bricks

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One troll in a Spanglish forum doesn't count as "few people".

Yeah people forget that every once in a while (very rare but could account for a single brick on 2.0b1) a normal 3DS that has never used a flash cart also gets Blue Screened.
If you Google it you find it occurred on units before the gateway was even released.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I noticed quite a few brickee's said they ran diagnostics when it happened so I threw that into the mix....if I'm honest I probs only did the diagnostics test about 5 times....so if it is that, the odds are pretty bad

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One troll in a Spanglish forum doesn't count as "few people".

podrias dejar de atraer la bronca y la desconfianza hacia la comunidad hispanohablante?

If their was a risk with b1 I'm sure their would be more people being bricked seeing as most people have switched to b1,

If I'm honest I'm shocked, I myself was in 2 minds on wether people *could* be lying

And btw my brick happened after doing diagnostics test then booting gateway.....so anyone still determined to stay on b2 stay away from diagnostics, that might be the key behind these bricks

I also fell back to B1, thats why i ask to research on that one too if you have the capability.

Reactions: Nightwish

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a couple of hours ago i started systematically rebooting gateway mode over and over to hopefully finally prove that b2 causes bricks....i recorded the whole process, although i will trim the video and upload to youtube, MD5 is correct, official Launcher.dat is used....after seeing many people saying they ran diagnostics before their brick i decided to give that a go a few times and bingo we have a official launcher files and a bricked 3ds caught on camera

will update once video is uploaded

Since you say it's under a hundred times be sure to do it all over again once you fix it, for at least 150 tries if it doesn't brick again. Since you started this, might as well be thorough. :)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway might (keyword = might) claim you have used a modified launcher previously or a clone previously to weasel out.

It makes no sense for them to own up to anything since it is impossible to prove you have not used a modified launcher or a clone. That's the beauty of the spaghetti monster defense. Just because you can't see it does not mean it does not exist.

Yessy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gateway might (keyword = might) claim you have used a modified launcher previously or a clone previously to weasel out.

It makes no sense for them to own up to anything since it is impossible to prove you have not used a modified launcher or a clone. That's the beauty of the spaghetti monster defense. Just because you can't see it does not mean it does not exist.
Switching to Gateway

20/01/2014
We are receiving many emails from worried customers switching from unstable Gateway clones (mainly 3DS Link/ R4i Gold 3DS/MT Card) to an original Gateway card. Worries about the possible bricking of their console because of their past use of a clone.

In fact, you do not need to worry as long as you have the proper Launcher.dat on your SD card.

Just please make sure you download the latest release bundle (today Beta 2.0b2) from our web site, and copy the official Launcher.dat to your 3DS SD, to confirm you are using the correct file, enter into the GW menu and you should see Our Gateway banner on the top screen as well as GW beta 2.0b2 on the top of the bottom screen.
Just reinstalling using our blue card is fine. If you would like to, you can format the console first, and then re-install, but this is not necessary.
ENJOY :)

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
ok a couple of hours ago i started systematically rebooting gateway mode over and over to hopefully finally prove that b2 causes bricks....i recorded the whole process, although i will trim the video and upload to youtube, MD5 is correct, official Launcher.dat is used....after seeing many people saying they ran diagnostics before their brick i decided to give that a go a few times and bingo we have a official launcher files and a bricked 3ds caught on camera

will update once video is uploaded

In the words of Buddy Rogers, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Enjoy your brick, douchebag!

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually running my 3ds a year behind also. I think it was just a coincidence after I changed the date that I forgot to make it 2014 instead of 2013, but I'm not using emunand so I think i am considerably safer if I am not mistaken. Would Like to see the video though, I didn't see a link or anything when I pulled up the thread.

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not might, they will use excuses I guarantee it. Gateway will NEVER admit that there is a brick code or that the brick is a fault from their software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Maybe it was my Atari 1300... +1