Hacking Gateway Downgrading

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need glasses, mate, it says "0 bricked" right there on the first page, first post, despite performing such a dangerous operation.

I already had eye surgury recently, but thanks for caring about my vision.

ALSO: Sorry that I believed blobox about the bricking incident. I assumed (wrongly) that someone who would perform such a risky operation would troubleshoot the issue before posting such a reaction. I'm glad that they figured it out, though.

purupuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 3ds and 2 3ds xl limited editions downgraded with latest emu nand and backed up DLC. I just wish I could do that to my blue and red crystal 2ds. I think it'll happen though

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already had eye surgury recently, but thanks for caring about my vision.

ALSO: Sorry that I believed blobox about the bricking incident. I assumed (wrongly) that someone who would perform such a risky operation would troubleshoot the issue before posting such a reaction. I'm glad that they figured it out, though.

You're mentioning the bricking incident of the only user (who didn't actually use any clones) in a topic about downgrading ? Also you used "Gateway users bricking their systems" referring to only 1 user ? Ok, bro.

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're mentioning the bricking incident of the only user (who didn't actually use any clones) in a topic about downgrading ? Also you used "Gateway users bricking their systems" referring to only 1 user ? Ok, bro.

Why do you keep calling me mate and bro? Are you coming on to me? I'm not interested.

Would it help you if I edited it from "Gateway users" to "one Gateway user who doesn't know how to diagnose bricking"? Would you be satisfied with that? I somehow doubt it. You seem a bit too agitated at the moment for negotiations.

Reactions: bendrr

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone else having problem with updating emunand after downgrade?
Can't get it to update...
Whenever I try it only gives me an error while downloading although the internet connection seems to be fine...
Trying it on a japanese 3DS not sure if that's relevant.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're someone like I was who was on 9.2 w/ game saves and eshop content you didnt want to lose, do this.
1. back up your SD card to your PC. afterwards put sd card back in the 3ds
2. boot gateway and Format Emunand. this will reformat the sd card
3. take out sd card. copy back up from PC back over to the sd card. overwrite any same-name files
4. with the sd card still out of your 3DS, reformat the 3DS and go through the initial start up steps till you're back at the dashboard. this will unlink your account.
5. turn off, put sd card back in.
6. turn on, note you have empty reformated dashboard (this is your sysnand)
7. boot into gateway mode, note you have your 'old' dashboard with all your old eshop games and stuff (this is the emunand)

you can then boot back to the reformated clean sysnand dashboard, perform the firmware downgrade from 9.2 to 4.2 and then when you boot back into Gateway mode either with the web browser exploit or the blue card, you'll be back to emunand with all your eshop content.

I'm no expert at 3DS, Gateway, or writing guides but these are the steps I took and I can still launch my eshop copy of Phoenix Wright and load my old 9.2 gamesave when I boot into Gateway mode. I recommend Googling and finding better steps then what I wrote, but just know that it is possible! :yaysp:

EDIT: i'm running into problems getting into the eshop with emunand! so might want to hold off... although my biggest concern was losing my saves...will update once I figure out what's going on.

Okay, I know this thread is moving fast 'n furious so if this has already been covered, my apologies...
I restored my backed up 9.2 sysnand (by going back to gateway download option and holding UP when selecting),
then with my SD card removed, reformatted the 3ds back to a 'fresh' 9.2
then I set up my 3DS and linked my NNID again.
then performed the re-downgrade again from 9.2 to 4.2.
Reinstalled Gateway via BLUE card.
Boot back into Gateway mode and was able to access the eshop!

...so it took a few tries but after downgrading, restoring, downgrading, restoring, downgrading....it's finally all working and nothing bricked and I have my original eshop & NNID info working on emunand 9.4 :grog:

Kino Akuro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
succesfully downgraded 3ds xl red, out of the box was 6.x.x now 4.2.x eshop working on emunand without unliking it before downgrade so i'd recommend ppl just to not unlink NNID

Reactions: Margen67

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I know this thread is moving fast 'n furious so if this has already been covered, my apologies...
I restored my backed up 9.2 sysnand (by going back to gateway download option and holding UP when selecting),
then with my SD card removed, reformatted the 3ds back to a 'fresh' 9.2
then I set up my 3DS and linked my NNID again.
then performed the re-downgrade again from 9.2 to 4.2.
Reinstalled Gateway via BLUE card.
Boot back into Gateway mode and was able to access the eshop!

...so it took a few tries but after downgrading, restoring, downgrading, restoring, downgrading....it's finally all working and nothing bricked and I have my original eshop & NNID info working on emunand 9.4 :grog:

Hey that's great to hear! I'm actually doing this exact same step myself right now, hope it works :)

Just to be clear, your games and saves from before doing all this are still present and accessible from emunand?

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey that's great to hear! I'm actually doing this exact same step myself right now, hope it works :)

Just to be clear, your games and saves from before doing all this are still present and accessible from emunand?

yes, although my only test is my eshop copy of Phoenix Wright. that is loading fine. I've been reading other people having problems with their pokemon saves but I've never played those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: