Hacking Gateway Downgrading

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downgraded successfully from 9.2E to 4.5E, 3DS Aqua Blue.
The update message was here, so I formatted the console to remove it.
I had v4.5 before, if it matters.

UPDATE: I made a NAND backup of fw 4.5 then I restored the NAND backup with fw 9.2, because when I downgraded I lost all my DSiWare.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the official downgrading tutorial, they tell you to make sure to keep wifi off, to not get the update nag, before attempting the downgrade.

I am on version 9.2 now, but i do get the update message from Nintendo.
So do I need to format my system before I can use the exploit? Or can i just use the exploit anyways?
Because I have some downloaded software on my system that I really don't want to lose...
You don't need to format to use the exploit, you can use it with the update prompt.
you can just answer NO when it asks you if you want to update.
and if you say Yes, it's not done right away, you still have confirmation screen when you can answer no.

sbm888

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I haven't even bought my GW or an old 9.2 3DS yet, but will get today.
so quick question - so doing the downgrade using these tutorials will get my 3DS to a 4.5 FW so I can run downloaded 3DS games from any region?
I'm only interested in playing JPN games on my PAL console - this should be ok right?

from reading here, the benefit in downloading firmware is for an easier exploit start for playing games - is that correct?
It's for my wife, so I'd rather let her run games the easiest ways rather than turning on wifi, etc?

I've also heard of different headers in the 3ds files? is there a reason for it?

cheers in advance

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just downgraded, loving the no need for wifi
shame my DSi ware is gone, would love to reinstall it.
is there a way to dump them as .CIA and install them again?
You could move to SD card while in ver. >4.5 and then restore after downgrading the console.
If you try, please let me know if it worked.

SanRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
can i downgrade my 3ds even if i dont have a NAND that i saved befor? (i think i read that u make emunand 4.5 then downgrade with it)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so i make a emunand then downgrading it right?
You mean you want to make an emuNAND and downgrade it to 4.5? Why?
First of all, it is not possible, and secondly there is no point in doing that. The only reason you'd want to downgrade from 5.X-9.2 is to enjoy GW without needing an internet connection to connect to go.gateway-3ds.com so you can boot the exploit, and secondly to use homebrew tools, CFW etc.

SanRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You mean you want to make an emuNAND and downgrade it to 4.5? Why?
First of all, it is not possible, and secondly there is no point in doing that. The only reason you'd want to downgrade from 5.X-9.2 is to enjoy GW without needing an internet connection to connect to go.gateway-3ds.com so you can boot the exploit, and secondly to use homebrew tools, CFW etc.
i have right now 3ds (with version 9.x im not sure but i know its over 4.5 or 5.0... its or 7.x or 9.x cant remeber) and i dont have any backed up nand

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have right now 3ds (with version 9.x im not sure but i know its over 4.5 or 5.0... its or 7.x or 9.x cant remeber) and i dont have any backed up nand
If you're looking to pirate, only hope for you is downgrading to 4.5 and using the super glitchy, super buggy, unstable, and possible to brick CFW. Also don't forget that some newer games (Pokemon and such) will not work with CFW.
Without a Gateway I don't see a point in downgrading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow