CEpeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
SNES9x-based inject

Is this possible at this point? I've been looking for the ability to do this for over a year now. I have a bunch of SNES games that I want to play using the Wiimote and VC games won't let me do that. I've been using regular SNES9x for some time now, but an injector to make standalone channels would be awesome.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hm... while this seems like an intresting idea from a homebrew point of view, like, creating it and stuff... i dont see why anyone should take that over any other already available emulator that already has every game available.

enlighten me please

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arithmatics said:
any twitter to keep updated?

http://twitter.com/0rangechicken
The twitter isn't updated very often, but we may change that depending on how popular it becomes and how many follower there are.
For now, to get the most recent updates regarding our injects, I'd recommend stopping by IRC at #0RANGECHiCKEN @ EFNet.
http://0rangechicken.com/contact.html

8BitWalugi said:
Do we need IRC to get the files?

EDIT: What exactly is that stuff chonka posted?
IRC is not required to get the files, as I'm sure the've spread all over top sites, trackers, and P2P sites. It is recommended though to check IRC for the latest updates regarding new titles, and fixes for already released titles.

Arithmatics said:
So would ALL the games be supported eventually?
Compatibility with GBxVC injects is as good as compatibility with VBAGX, if not better. Because each game is packaged with it's own emulator, this gives us the ability to tweak the emulator as we see fit. This maximizes compatibility while also minimizing file size.

QUOTE(Zarcon @ Jan 1 2011, 07:54 AM) (A)
Yay, a public topic where I can complain!
biggrin.gif

Wouldn't it be less hassle, easier, faster, and more convenient to install VBA GX once and load up a disk/hard drive full of GB/GBA ROMs that you probably already have instead of downloading an injected WAD and installing a new one for each game you want?
Also having to wait for them to inject a WAD in the first place?

What exactly is the benefit of this?

(B)
QUOTE(YayMii @ Jan 1 2011, 02:37 AM)
They're using VBA-GX as a base, tweaking and fine-tuning it to perform better on each individual game.
Is that an actual feature?
Anyone tried to see if there's any performance improvements yet?
(A)
People prefer injects over emulators for many reasons. The most common reason is the ability to have a single game at your fingertips ready to play whenever you are. Injects minimize the time it takes the user to begin playing the game they wish to play. Not to mention that compatibility may even be better with the inject emulator VS the multi-rom emulator. Some people may just prefer injects for their "official feel", or "how retro games were meant to be played on the Wii" -- at least according to Nintendo.
Injects aren't for everyone.

(B)
I can tell you, it is an actual feature. A great game to test this out is Mother 3. Mother 3 is known to run out of sync in most emulators. This makes hitting combos difficult if not impossible. Our inject release of Mother 3 on the other hand features a finely tuned emulator that fixes said issue. Mother 3 is much more playable in our injected version than in the GBA emulator.

I hope this answers most, if not all of your questions. Feel free to reply to this thread or stop by on IRC if you'd like something answered.

Reactions: SaulFabre

CEpeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
Our inject release of Mother 3 on the other hand features a finely tuned emulator that fixes said issue. Mother 3 is much more playable in our injected version than in the GBA emulator.

Have you guys committed these patches to the VBAGX SVN? If not, how can we get access to this modified code under the GPL?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The team added 3 new games
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red and
Wario Land 3

Thanks guys!!!!

(I wait for GBA Metroids and Golden Sun 2)

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are the releases so far.

Code:
[01/01]Metoid_II_Return_of_Samus_REGIONFREE_GB.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Mario_and_Luigi_Superstar_Saga_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Golden_Sun_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Wario_Land_II__REGIONFREE_GBC.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Mother_3_ENG_Translation_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]The_Legend_of_Zelda_The_Minish_Cap_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Donkey_Kong_Original_Ed._NTSC_NES.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Pokemon_Blue_REGIONFREE_GB.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Pokemon_Red_REGIONFREE_GB.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Popeye_NTSC_NES.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Wario_Land_3_REGIONFREE_GBC.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:

Code:
[01/01]Metoid_II_Return_of_Samus_REGIONFREE_GB.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Mario_and_Luigi_Superstar_Saga_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]Mother_3_ENG_Translation_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/01]The_Legend_of_Zelda_The_Minish_Cap_REGIONFREE_GBA.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Donkey_Kong_Original_Ed._NTSC_NES.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN
[01/15]Popeye_NTSC_NES.iNJECT_iNTERNAL_VC_Wii-0RANGECHiCKEN

It seems you have included a couple NES releases in there by accident
wink.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Joesalad21 said:
Riley said:

Code:

It seems you have included a couple NES releases in there by accident
wink.gif
rofl.gif

I'll fix it for him.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys,do you have a strict schedule of how often you release the games?Also,do you plan to add some options like button mapping and full-screen?
You are doing a marvelous job!I only hope to not abandon Orangechicken...

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
Guys,do you have a strict schedule of how often you release the games?Also,do you plan to add some options like button mapping and full-screen?
You are doing a marvelous job!I only hope to not abandon Orangechicken...

Currently, we have no particular release schedule. We just release when we get done. It's been pretty slow lately as we are perfecting the method, but expect some new titles soon
wink.gif
As for button mapping and full screen, we have decided to leave those features out for the time being to gain a little bit more of an authentic feel. Don't worry, 0RANGECHiCKEN isn't going anywhere any time soon
biggrin.gif

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried these VCs with UNEEK set-up?

I tried installing two VCs, Pokemon Blue and Superstar Saga, using ShowMiiWads into UNEEK NAND.
I could see those nice channels on the Wii (running UNEEK NAND), but when I pushed start button in
those channels, I only saw black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn spam callers keep ruining my hentai games each time they're about to climax