Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I hate creating topics
dry.gif
but...

I just wanted to know what's going on with the GBA reviews section of the board. I enjoy reading peoples reviews of various games, but there hasn't been a new review since March. There have been a number of extremely good games that I would've loved to read reviews for from a GBATemp Magazine staff member. I know one of the major reasons would be lack of time, but I just wanted to know that's all.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mind you, I'm not saying Clu''s (dang it, how do you make your name possesive?) idea is bad. In fact, I'm kinda saying the same thing, it's just the moderators would see all the reviews in a queue before it gets posted. That way, we don't have people posting one sentence stuff, then 10 people telling him that you can't do that before the thread closes. You know, just making it easier on the moderators so they don't go crazy or anything (ha, like they aren't already..... wait, guys, what are doing with ax?..... guys?).

Of course, I might be living my own little world where everything I think up works. A queue type thing might not be possible (I have no idea how Invision works and what it's capable of). If it isn't, then you may completely throw away my idea. And listen to Clu'. Since he seems to have a clue. AHAHAHAHAHA..... you get it? Clu'.... clue.... you know? It's funny because they sound the same...... and..... I'm not funny, am I?
unsure.gif
frown.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I'd love for something like this to happen. I'd love to post up some reviews but at the moment that's not possible, the forum for reviews is literally dead so why not make it available to those whom want to post reviews.

It could easily work out...Simply post some rules on the format and layout of the reviews (i.e. minimum word length maybe, and things like what marks are out of and what they are given to...i.e. graphics, sounds, gameplay, lifespan, multiplayer if so or whatever...), then get some people (i.e. the existing staff) to moderate the section, who can then delete any inappropriate reviews or prehaps review them over before going up. Also we could make the board like the GBA Temp Gallery where no one else should post after that thread...as to avoid anyone criticizing anyone elses reviews.

We could just do GBA games or even have another board underneath for other game formats.

I'd love for somthing to happen as regards this and it wouldn't really take much work considering most of it is already in place.

smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I'd love for something like this to happen. I'd love to post up some reviews but at the moment that's not possible, the forum for reviews is literally dead so why not make it available to those whom want to post reviews.

It could easily work out...Simply post some rules on the format and layout of the reviews (i.e. minimum word length maybe, and things like what marks are out of and what they are given to...i.e. graphics, sounds, gameplay, lifespan, multiplayer if so or whatever...), then get some people (i.e. the existing staff) to moderate the section, who can then delete any inappropriate reviews or prehaps review them over before going up. Also we could make the board like the GBA Temp Gallery where no one else should post after that thread...as to avoid anyone criticizing anyone elses reviews.

We could just do GBA games or even have another board underneath for other game formats.

I'd love for somthing to happen as regards this and it wouldn't really take much work considering most of it is already in place.

smile.gif
I'm fairly interested in this idea, if something like this went ahead the reviews would definatly have the be approved by a mod before they were posted because if people just posted them they may be completely inappropriate and dozens of people may have already read it before a mod got onto it
wink.gif

Perhaps do away with the whole Magazine game reviews board and setup a new section to the site devoted to gba game reviews. Where people would just fill out a form with there review and click submit. The person or persons in charge of the review section would either then accept of decline the submmision. If it was accepted it would as a proper review and not just as a topic in a forum.
smile.gif

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it
smile.gif

I like the idea of the review forum being like the GBATemp gallery. It would be very organised and you can find a review with ease. The idea of the mods reviewing each review before it's posted in the forum I'm not to keen of. If there is a heavy flow of traffic in this forum it might become very difficult and tiring for the mods to have to read all the reviews and approve them. I think that members should be able to post their review and when a mod comes online and reviews it then he/she can decide if it should be removed. Also some members feel intimidated by mods and won't submit their review it that were the procedure.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I kinda think that it's a great idea. I've made a couple of reviews which have recieved very positive comments on. I haven't been doing any reviews in a while but this would be a good time to brush up on my skills. So if this goes ahead expect me there to help out.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Also some members feel intimidated by mods and won't submit their review it that were the procedure.
People feel intimidated by us?
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Well I'm trying to pass this idea about having a review section around with the other staff at the moment, but I'm not sure about anything much yet.

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Well I'm trying to pass this idea about having a review section around with the other staff at the moment, but I'm not sure about anything much yet.

Great! Thanks for presenting the idea to the staff. I really would like to see this forum revamped. I use to write reviews a loooong time ago, but I'll start writing again if this is given the green light.

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I'm up for the idea. I don't see why we shouldn't give this a shot, besides if things go badly it can easily be stopped.
smile.gif

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just wondering if anyone's contacted someone like KiVan about this cause I think it's a great idea yet not even a word of it catually going to take has been mentioned... And it's been at least 2 weeks now.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I've got an idea.
smile.gif
If ANY member would like to write a review for a particular Gameboy Advance game that hasn't already been reviewed, why don't you write out the review and PM or e-mail it to one of us?
And if it passes our inspection then we can post it in the reviews section?
smile.gif

dice

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah sure I have like 6 or 7 reviews. If you like them I may start making more reviews later on... I'll have to send them later though.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Well I did ask the staff a long time ago and I only got one reply, form Koekie saying it was a good idea and he'd like to see something like that happen. You can sort of see how my enthusiasm drained when after weeks there is only one reply. We need KiVan back! He's the best person to get things done around gbatemp. The staff discuss stuff but nothing gets done, I think that's a bit of a problem.
I'd still like to see a proper review section to gbatemp though.

CLu`

Tha Off Da Hook Pimp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
ohmy.gif
I thought everyone forgot about this.

I'm glad that people still remember because I would really like to see this happen. We have too many good games just passing through without anyone to give a decent review on the game. If they post their review in the games' release thread it usually gets lost in all the other posts.

I think that this would attract more members to the board as well. If we had a lively review section on the board it would really be a great addition.

I also think that it might be too much of a hassle for members to PM their reviews to a mod or supervisor, it might discourage some members to submit reviews as well (I gave my reason why in a previous post). As I mentioned before it should be an open forum where we can all post reviews freely without worrying about if it will be posted on the board and so on. If it is somewhat inappropriate material it can easily be deleted or edited. I think it should just be an opinionated forum where we can all agree and disagree with what someone has to say, but not in the original review, a seperate thread can be created to say why you either disagree or agree. People like to debate and we should leave this area open to keep the forum lively and popular.

That's my basic description of how I think the forum should be structured. Thanks for reading.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: New ringworm std going round in the USA, is psi patient 0, news at 11. +1