Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm don't know if these bugs are known:

When starting Pokemon Fire Red with my save, I get a "save file corrupted" or "save file deleted" message depending on the frameskip. Loading the save and the game again solves the problem. Also, when changing the frameskip on the second load (tested by changing 60/11 to 60/1), some sprites/layers will show corruption.

loco365

Trophies
XP
ye but i need help to use it
It's not a rocket science on how to use it. Copy the NDS files to your Micro SD, DLDI patch them if your card doesn't do that automatically, run the rom on your card, and choose a GBA rom file. Different games will use different settings, like the save type. If a game doesn't work on one version of the emulator, try another version of it.

Roshid2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give a better tutorial on how to get the gba emulator working, I don't get half of this stuff like disable irq hooks when they all have irq hooks in the folder name.

Poke-Artist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe we need to make a tutorial and FAQ for people who don't know how to use it.

You do indeed I attempted on using it after a long time and a big gap between versions since the last time I used it, and I had many problems. anything to support me and others would be greatly appreciated :)

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe we need to make a tutorial and FAQ for people who don't know how to use it.

You do indeed I attempted on using it after a long time and a big gap between versions since the last time I used it, and I had many problems. anything to support me and others would be greatly appreciated :)

If i have enough time I might make a tutorial and Faq on wikitemp but and help with it would be great :)

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just looking through the compatibility list, and there's something strange:

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (U) are both listed as failing to load, but Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (E) are both listed as 99%+ compatible. The weird thing is that all English language releases of third gen Pokemon games are 100% identical, so a properly dumped ROM of a Pokemon Ruby bought in the UK/Australia/etc. should be 100% identical to a properly dumped ROM of a Pokemon Ruby bought in the USA. No region locking, changed spellings (defense/defence), or anything else. I suspect that whoever tested compatibility for Ruby/Sapphire (U) might have used a bad dump.

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just looking through the compatibility list, and there's something strange:

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (U) are both listed as failing to load, but Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (E) are both listed as 99%+ compatible. The weird thing is that all English language releases of third gen Pokemon games are 100% identical, so a properly dumped ROM of a Pokemon Ruby bought in the UK/Australia/etc. should be 100% identical to a properly dumped ROM of a Pokemon Ruby bought in the USA. No region locking, changed spellings (defense/defence), or anything else. I suspect that whoever tested compatibility for Ruby/Sapphire (U) might have used a bad dump.
Actually, they are different. It is a bit complicated to explain the specifics but there a subtle differences in the coding. Think of it this way, if they were all identical, then why would there need to be 2 different dumps from different English regions?

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ichichfly:
Yeah, I may be asking for a bit much...
Would it be possible to emulate the Wireless Adapter using the NDS's wifi settings?

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ichichfly:
Yeah, I may be asking for a bit much...
Would it be possible to emulate the Wireless Adapter using the NDS's wifi settings?

Well that does seem much. I doubt even local wireless will even work.

Unless the emulator gets to Lameboy standards, and then gets pushed even further, it may not happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: