OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
transistorcafe.net
XP
Country
United States
Out of boredom and personal interests, I decided to try my hand at making a brainf implementation in C for the GBA. What exists currently is rather minimal but over time I hope to make it at least somewhat able to run most existing brainf programs, and maybe include other brainf variations to swap through via a menu?

Controls:
A and B increase and decrease current cell value, respectively
L and R move forward and backward between cells
Start refreshes display of current cell's value.
Select resets the current cell back to zero
(SOON tm) DPAD is to run user-provided brainf programs

Tested on:
MGBA
EZFlash Omega DE

More info, source, and releases on the github repo:
https://github.com/zoelilylain/gbafuck

(now to stop being nervous about posting this....)

Last edited by ZoeLain,

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
(now to stop being nervous about posting this....)
Well I think this is pretty cool ;p

If you get around to adding the option to load user-provided programs, there's this for everdrive: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/Everdrive-GBA-DLDI

For EZ-Flash I'm not sure, might ask @EZ-Flash2?

Otherwise there's always the age-old option of concatenating each program with the .gba for the interpreter and accessing them from there, like goomba does, but proper SD card access would be way cooler.

Reactions: ZoeLain

ZoeLain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
transistorcafe.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I think this is pretty cool ;p

If you get around to adding the option to load user-provided programs, there's this for everdrive: [OMITTED LINK DUE TO MY NEW ACCOUNT STATUS]

For EZ-Flash I'm not sure, might ask @EZ-Flash2?

Otherwise there's always the age-old option of concatenating each program with the .gba for the interpreter and accessing them from there, like goomba does, but proper SD card access would be way cooler.
If i had an everdrive to test I'd look into the everdrive dldi thing.
As for EZFlash:
@Sterophonick has SimpleDE which has PogoShell-style plugins so I kinda had that on the roadmap for the future. last resort would be baking them in, either for people without Everdrive/EZFlash Omega or if those methods spontaniously explode at some point for whatever reason

basically we'll build that bridge when we get there, i'm more focused on implementing the last few commands and experimenting with total cell count and making sure it runs smaller existing brainf code "correctly" (as implementations tend to be slightly different from one to another).

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER