Homebrew GBARunner2

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A little more TWiLight testing for today:

- Game + Watch Gallery 4 - Save/Load works.
- Metroid Fusion - upper white screen
- LEGO Star Wars II (SRAM patched) - Save/Load works.Quiet,crackling background sound during whole game.
- Lord of the Rings - The third Age (SRAM patched) - Load/Save works.
- Mario Kart Super Circuit (SRAM patched) - Save works.After restart stucks on white screen same on Flashcart with arm9 version.
- Tales of Phantasia (SRAM patched) - black screen after choose NEW GAME.
- Tetris Worlds - white screen.
- Yu-Gi-Oh - Reshef of Destruction - Save/Load works.

Thank you.:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you.
It is a GBA game not an DSi.:)
Its already SRAM patched but still not working correct (Game Pak Error).:(

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- LEGO Star Wars II (SRAM patched) - Save/Load works.Quiet,crackling background sound during whole game.
- Mario Kart Super Circuit (SRAM patched) - Save works.After restart stucks on white screen same on Flashcart with arm9 version.

Thank you.
AP is "anti-piracy".

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thank you.
Remember that some games do not work with the cache version of gbarunner2. Metroid probably does not work because it is already sram and Nintendo's save code does strange things (copying code to the stack)
And classic nes series most likely requires anti piracy patches indeed.

Last edited by Gericom,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your explanations.:)
I think for you and your further steps its important to know,that it works in TWiLight and no more SD Card corruption.:yay:
Better Game compatibility comes maybe with time if you have some for that.We know you have a LIFE too.

Very impressive how fast you achieved that.My respect for your great work.:bow:

Reactions: Gericom
D

Deleted User

I use the same M3 DS Real Card setting and DS Phat as before.
I use clean No-Intro gba rom files for testing.
Tested with gbarunner2 sd_save branch (a903967, 03-06-2019).
Saving/Loading works with the games in the list below:
  • Advance Guardian Heroes (E): I completed the first Stage. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster and has less Noise. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Advance Wars (E): I completed the first training Mission. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version shows a White Screen when Sram patched. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (E): I completed the first Mission from the Campaign mode. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version shows a White Screen when Sram patched. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Astro Boy - Omega Factor (E): I played the first Stage. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster and has less Noise. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Banjo Kazooie - Grunty´s Revenge (U): I walked around the first Area. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster. Sram patching required for saving. The game crashes if you try to save without it. Playable.
  • Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E): I walked around the first Area. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster and has less screen tearing. Saving works without Sram patching. Playable.
  • Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (E): Only the arm9 version works. The arm9wramicache version freezes after the Titlescreen. I walked around the first Area. Saving works without Sram patching. Working.
  • Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (E): I walked around the first Area. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster and has less screen tearing. Saving works without Sram patching. Playable.
  • Donkey Kong Country (E): I played until the first Water level. The wramicache version runs much faster. I noticed a little Noise in the Water level. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (E): I played until the first Water level. The wramicache version runs much faster. Almost Full Speed with some Slowdown. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (E): I played until the first Mill level. The wramicache version runs much faster. Almost Full Speed with some Slowdown. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • Dragonball Advanced Adventure (E): I completed the first level. The wramicache version runs much faster. Almost Full Speed with some Slowdown. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • Fire Emblem (E): I completed the tutorial. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster. The game is Sram patched by default. Saving slows the game down considerably. Unplayable.
  • Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (J): I played the first Chapter. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster. The game is Sram patched by default. Saving slows the game down considerably. Unplayable.
  • Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (E): I played the first Chapter. Only the wramicache version works. The arm9 version freezes during the Intro. The game is Sram patched by default. Saving slows the game down considerably. Unplayable.
  • F-Zero - Climax (J): I played a race in the Bronze Cup Grand Prix mode. Almost Full Speed with some Slowdown. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version freezes after the BIOS Intro. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • F-Zero - GP Legend (E): I played a race in the Bronze Cup Grand Prix mode. Full Speed with a few gfx glitches. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version freezes after the BIOS Intro. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.
  • F-Zero - Maximum Velocity (UE): I played a race in the Pawn Grand Prix mode. Full Speed with a few gfx glitches and Slowdown. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version freezes after you load a file. The game is Sram patched by default. Working.
  • Golden Sun (UE): I fought a couple random encounter battle during the Intro. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Golden Sun - The Lost Age (UE): I walked around the first Area. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Kurukuru Kururin (E): I completed the first training level. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Some gfx glitches during the Intro. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.
  • Lufia - The Ruins of Lore (U): I walked around the Village. The wramicache version runs faster. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.
  • Lunar Legend (U): I walked around the Village. The wramicache version runs faster. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Mega Man Zero (E): I completed the first Mission. The wramicache version runs faster, but crashes when you try to load a save file. Almost Full Speed with some Slowdown. The game is Sram patched by default. Working.
  • Mega Man Zero 2 (E): I completed the first Mission. The wramicache version runs faster, but crashes when you try to load a save file. Much Slowdown. The game is Sram patched by default. Working.
  • Mega Man Zero 3 (E): I completed the first Mission. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version shows a White Screen after the BIOS Intro. Much Slowdown. The game is Sram patched by default. Working.
  • Mega Man Zero 4 (E): I completed the first Mission. The wramicache version runs much faster. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Mega Man & Bass (E): I completed the Intro Stage. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Metalgun Slinger (J): I completed the first Stage. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Metroid Fusion (E): I destroyed the frog in the Quarantine bay. The game froze afterwards. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version shows a White Screen after the BIOS Intro. The game is Sram patched by default. Unplayable.
  • Metroid Zero Mission (E): I collected the Morph ball. The game froze afterwards. Only the arm9 version works. The wramicache version shows a White Screen after the BIOS Intro. The game is Sram patched by default. Unplayable.
  • Monster Rancher Advance (U): I picked a monster. Both arm9 version run the same speed. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.
  • Monster Rancher Advance 2 (U): I picked a monster. Both arm9 version run the same speed. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.
  • Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance (E): I fought a battle in Arcade mode. Blueish flicker on screen. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • Mortal Kombat - Tournament Edition (U): I fought a battle in Arcade mode. Blueish flicker on screen. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Working.
  • Rayman 3 (E): I completed the first level. The wramicache version runs much faster. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Sabre Wulf (E): I completed the first Stage. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Shining Soul (E): I walked around the first Area. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Shining Soul 2 (E): I walked around the first Area. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith (E): I played the first Stage as Anakin. The wramicache version runs a little bit faster. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Summon Night - Swordcraft Story (U): I walked around Town. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required for saving. Playable.
  • Super Mario Advance - Super Mario Bros 2 (E): I completed the first level. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required to boot the game. Playable.
  • Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World (E): I completed the first level. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required to boot the game. Playable.
  • Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi´s Island (E): I played until the first Underground level. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required to boot the game. Playable.
  • Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros 3 (E): I played until the first Castle level. Both arm9 version run the same speed. Sram patching required to boot the game. Playable.
  • Wario Ware Inc - Minigame Mania (E): I completed the Intro Stage. The wramicache runs a little bit faster. The game is Sram patched by default. Playable.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Cool stuff going on with this, but the compatibility seems way too low to be practical. Hoping this evolves and gets better with time.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool stuff going on with this, but the compatibility seems way too low to be practical. Hoping this evolves and gets better with time.
Well, tbh. I actually think compatibility has become pretty good already. And with the fixed saving it seems to me like gbarunner2 is pretty usable now.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If there's a game or two that a user wants to play, how is that not practical enough? Skimming through the compatibility list, I discovered a list of fully working games that seem more than practical.

Advance Guardian Heroes (E)
Astro Boy Omega Factor (E)
Atari Anniversary Advance (E)
Chu Chu Rocket (UE)
Comix Zone (E)
Double Dragon Advance (U)
Gem Smashers (U)
Golden Sun 1 (UE)
Golden Sun 2 (UE)
Hajime no Ippo - The Fighting! (J)
King of Fighters EX2 - Howling Blood (E)
Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland (E)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (E)
Konami Collector's Series - Arcade Classics (E)
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits (UE)
Namco Museum (E)
Puyo Pop Fever (E)
R-Type III - The Third Lightning (E)
Shaman King - Legacy of the Spirits - Soaring Hawk (U)
Shaman King - Legacy of the Spirits - Sprinting Wolf (U)
Silent Scope (E)
Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis (U)
Speedball 2 - Brutal Deluxe (E)
Super Ghouls´n Ghosts (UE)
Super Mario Bros 2 - Super Mario Advance (UE)
The Pinball of the Dead (E)
TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (E)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow (E)

Last edited by LumInvader,

RosalinaFan573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you sram patch your games?
Yep. I know FFVI Advancce doesn't need save patching, cause games save fine, but the problem is playing the game after I save. As soon as I get the title screen after relaunching on a quicksave in FFVI Advance the game freezes. This happens with every single ROM I have that saves; it is completely unable to load a save without freezing.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep. I know FFVI Advancce doesn't need save patching, cause games save fine, but the problem is playing the game after I save. As soon as I get the title screen after relaunching on a quicksave in FFVI Advance the game freezes. This happens with every single ROM I have that saves; it is completely unable to load a save without freezing.
Hmm, I may have seen this issue with a different game. I will check it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If pills could make us full with all the probiotics we need would being a pill popper still be bad