GBARunner3?

LexDG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please give this the attention it deserves in it’s own thread because I’m having trouble finding answers to some basic questions.

What are the expected improvements?
What is the expected system compatibility?
Is the goal to get more game compatibility on older hardware without expansion?
Will it work with all cards (real time save and smart update [which I STILL can’t find a clear difference explanation for…])

Is the goal to eliminate the need for a gba flash cart or is that people just talking nonsense?

Please advise.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • What's improved will be game compatibility and sound emulation.
  • It'll work on every DS, DSi, and 3DS model.
  • Pretty much.
  • Yes, it should work on every flashcard (and most SD cards).
  • Both GBARunner2 and 3 have never required flashcards, so wdym?
GBARunner3 may eventually get it's own thread once it gets it's first (non-nightly) release.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

LexDG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Both GBARunner2 and 3 have never required flashcards, so wdym?
GBARunner3 may eventually get it's own thread once it get it's first (non-nightly) release.
Oh, I didn’t mean THEY required GBA flash carts. I mean will people not even need to consider a separate GBA flash cart on DS or ds lite because they’ll be able to run everything close to flawlessly?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the current status of GBARunner3? Is it already superior to 2 in every way? Some ways? No ways?
Both game compatibility and sound emulation have improved, and are a lot better, with some games (ex. Mother 3) no longer crashing.
There are still a few bugs left to fix, such as sprite flickering in certain games.

ghostyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Pretty new to the whole scene and have been using gbar2 for a little over half a year. Is there any way to install gbar3 using macOS yet?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I've been itching like a crackhead for the release of GBArunner3 in a nightly or beta or something, so I can make it all sticky.

you-got.gif

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Its funny cause GBARunner2 is stickied so it's just like "yeah ok, gbarunner, twilight, noob paradise, cheats, firmware, HOLD UP THERE'S A GBARUNNER3

People just use GBARunner2 as a thread to talk GBARunner3.

It's not hard to change the title name if need be.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People just use GBARunner2 as a thread to talk GBARunner3.

It's not hard to change the title name if need be.
yeah, but its pretty funny that GBARunner2 is stickied and GBARunner3 isn't, especially with the question mark it always make me feel like it's fake or some- (decides to delete post but posts it anyway because stupidity)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah, but its pretty funny that GBARunner2 is stickied and GBARunner3 isn't, especially with the question mark it always make me feel like it's fake or some- (decides to delete post but posts it anyway because stupidity)

that's because Gericom himself wants to make the main thread as the OP, but he wants to have a first stable release available first.

Reactions: Flame and Gericom

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the heads up! I've never used actions before but I'm assuming I click on one of those workflow runs and then click GBARunner3 at the bottom? It downloads a zip with a 109KB GBARunner3.nds file.

Reason I'm not sure if I did it right is because GBARunner3 is significantly smaller than the 260KB of GBARunner2. Either I did something wrong or it's really efficient lol.

Also which is the best workflow to download?

1711982372372.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto