I made an online tool for converting save states from some online emulation sites to in-game saves

EuanF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are lots of sites that let you play retro games in the browser. I don't want to link to any here but you can find them easily with a google search.

Often they only allow you to download a save state rather than an in-game save, meaning that if you want to bring your save over to another emulator (or flash cart, MiSTer core, etc etc) you can't.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.05.13 AM.png

I just made an online tool for extracting the in-game save from some of these save states, and you can find it here: https://savefileconverter.com/#/online-emulators

So far it's able to extract an in-game save from a GBA or an SNES game. I'm curious if you have suggestions of other platforms that you'd find useful. I'm also sure that there are sites that I missed in my testing, so I'm curious if you find one that doesn't work.

Note that you must perform an in-game save before creating/downloading your save state, and only the in-game save will be converted. You'll also need to figure out the size of the save file you need by making a test save in the emulator/flash cart/core/etc that you're planning on using.

Please let me know what you think!

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are lots of sites that let you play retro games in the browser. I don't want to link to any here but you can find them easily with a google search.

Often they only allow you to download a save state rather than an in-game save, meaning that if you want to bring your save over to another emulator (or flash cart, MiSTer core, etc etc) you can't.
View attachment 420212
I just made an online tool for extracting the in-game save from some of these save states, and you can find it here:

So far it's able to extract an in-game save from a GBA or an SNES game. I'm curious if you have suggestions of other platforms that you'd find useful. I'm also sure that there are sites that I missed in my testing, so I'm curious if you find one that doesn't work.

Note that you must perform an in-game save before creating/downloading your save state, and only the in-game save will be converted. You'll also need to figure out the size of the save file you need by making a test save in the emulator/flash cart/core/etc that you're planning on using Snohomish deck building contractor.

Please let me know what you think!
let me check

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto