GBAtemp Game of the Year 2017 Voting: PlayStation

gbatemp_game_of_the_year_2017.jpg

2017 is coming to a close, and it's time to remember all of the great titles that released this year. Our Game of the Year voting thread will be a bit different this year, to allow for more games to have a moment in the spotlight, and to separate releases by console, for a more even style of voting and representation. And with that, we'll be starting out with the games that released for Sony's PlayStation 4. Games that were released on multiple platforms will also appear if they launched on, or had a 2017 release on the PS4.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My vote is obviously not representative of the overall population which picks more mainstream games, but having played most of those it's a no contest situation to me - Persona 5 wins hands down. Those games come out only once every so often, and when they do, they come with an oomph. I still maintain that whoever wanted to play a good JRPG this year should've cancelled their XC2 pre-order in favour of P5. It's not just the best JRPG on PlayStation this year, it's a serious contender for the coveted GOTY title.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 5. Nothing else in the list can even compare to me. I do need to pick up Gravity Rush 2 sometime as I enjoyed the first game.

Last edited by Devin,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't play PS4 this year :(
stuck on zelda for 8 months.

I wished I played horizon, nier automata, uncharted, gravity rush 2, berseria, knack 2. maybe also life is strange prequel, but I fear I'll not like it so prefer not play it.
not enough time, I'll play them next year(s).

Last edited by Cyan,
D

Deleted User

My vote is persona 5 but I never played it. So why I voted for this game? Because I don't have ps4 but I do have ps3 and this game is also on the ps3. I'm So excited to finally try it. (well... Not really. It seems too complicated ).

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
2017 has been a great years for Playstation. My vote goes to Resident Evil 7 because they tried something completely different and it paid off.

Reactions: T-hug

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda want to pick RE7 because of how good it was on PSVR, but is it really game of the year? I have no idea which game to pick!

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
My vote is obviously not representative of the overall population which picks more mainstream games, but having played most of those it's a no contest situation to me - Persona 5 wins hands down. Those games come out only once every so often, and when they do, they come with an oomph. I still maintain that whoever wanted to play a good JRPG this year should've cancelled their XC2 pre-order in favour of P5. It's not just the best JRPG on PlayStation this year, it's a serious contender for the coveted GOTY title.
It seems the majority is picking P5. So your vote is representative of the majority at least here on TEMP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo