GBAtemp gets new sponsor: Etcome

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I loved the previous scavenger hunt! I actually managed to get to the end!

Can't wait for the new one...
there won't be a scavenger hunt this year, last year's was completely spoiled by people posting solutions on other sites.
of course there were tricks to prevent cheaters, and I kept changing clues and places, but still some fuckers ruined the fun.
so yeah look what you did, no more scavenger hunts.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I loved the previous scavenger hunt! I actually managed to get to the end!

Can't wait for the new one...
there won't be a scavenger hunt this year, last year's was completely spoiled by people posting solutions on other sites.
of course there were tricks to prevent cheaters, and I kept changing clues and places, but still some fuckers ruined the fun.
so yeah look what you did, no more scavenger hunts.
no more scavenger hunts? Those were really fun :(

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ho, these ads managed to avoid my adblock filter. I'll let them stick around like the kind person I am, just because I like this place that much.

I only really know of the scavenger hunt. What has been done in years past (brief as is felt necessary), without me having to dig through threads searching?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Oh ho, these ads managed to avoid my adblock filter. I'll let them stick around like the kind person I am, just because I like this place that much.

I only really know of the scavenger hunt. What has been done in years past (brief as is felt necessary), without me having to dig through threads searching?
because they are not technically adverts, they're just images I inserted on the sites to promote our sponsor.
they're hosted on our site and load quick, they don't create any form of inconvenience for the visitor.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you can actually block those images with adblock... but come on, lets not be a dick :)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

because they are not technically adverts, they're just images I inserted on the sites to promote our sponsor.
they're hosted on our site and load quick, they don't create any form of inconvenience for the visitor.

That is some smooth advertising. I approve.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Ads on every page = meh. The home page is by far the most visited page of any website, so ads should be there and other pages should be ad-free. Then again, this isn't my site, so what am I even complaining about?

I found last year pretty fun, too bad someone had to make a pastebin with all the answers but hey, sharing = caring, right?

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too noticed my ad-block+ does not block the images/links, very smooth, seems it would be impossible to block them...unless i used Remove it Permanently. but i dont wanna, cause i dont.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ads on every page = meh. The home page is by far the most visited page of any website, so ads should be there and other pages should be ad-free.
I rarely go to the portal, all I care is what the users are posting in the forum.
The portal is only showing the very last news/releases. The website's core is its forum and its community.
Ads should be were people can see them.

@Costello: Nice idea to host it directly on GBAtemp.

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not only this means we no longer have to worry about server issues since all costs are covered...

(PS: this also marks the end of annoying/random ad banners stuck at the bottom of the window for guests and newcomers.)

Wow, both those thing really make up for that one unobtrusive ad! Especially the last one was very annoying when I was surfing as a guest at school. And the servercost was something the staff/admins had to sometimes pay from their own money, so it's big advancement!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it really necessary to put them in between posts?!

i too noticed my ad-block+ does not block the images/links, very smooth, seems it would be impossible to block them...unless i used Remove it Permanently. but i dont wanna, cause i dont.
there is a way if you block http://gbatemp.net/images/ab/

but prob no images on the site will work than or you can always block the image directly http://gbatemp.net/images/ab/p2.gif :lol:

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Ads on every page = meh. The home page is by far the most visited page of any website, so ads should be there and other pages should be ad-free.
I rarely go to the portal, all I care is what the users are posting in the forum.
The portal is only showing the very last news/releases. The website's core is its forum and its community.
Ads should be were people can see them.
But you aren't the majority of people. Which page do you think people first stumble upon when they Google a website name? That's right, the home page of said website. Unless said people are looking for something specific, they will always end up on the home page. Any website's core is the home page. Everything else is built around it. Guests couldn't care less who's a member of which site or who said what exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3