GBAtemp isn't 4chan.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Steve is a virus that 4chan sent to GBAtemp ...

tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it was a residual effect of a large number of big name DS titles, all being released back-to-back ... plus, with them follwing shortly after the whole "Thank You For Playing" FFCC thing ... large numbers of people, who knew that they would not be staying long, appeared, and 'lowered the tone', so to speak ...

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akoji said:
Like Steve said, 4chan isn't too bad if you stay out of adult boards.
I quite like to go on /v/ there's some good threads some times.
Akoji said:
/v/
QUOTE(Akoji @ Apr 28 2008, 05:21 PM)
good
DOES NOT COMPUTE

Going on /v/ is just for Trolling 101. The very few times there are good threads, it's ruined by trolls. Of course I shouldn't care really, I got permabanned from /v/ back in November, so I stopped going there and moved on to /co/. Better board, better discussions, little trolling.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I sometimes go to /mu/ to ask for some recommendations, post a new release that I like or simply lol at the metalfags bitching about Daft Punk
laugh.gif

Other than that, I try to avoid 4chan as best as I can

S

ScuberSteve

SchuchWun said:
at least GBAtemp isn't 420chan which is 200% worse then 4chan.

420 is responsible for the seizure troll.

Oh God...
You know what? There are so many imageboards out there, and SO many of them are like... well, 4chan is to internet as other imageboards are to 4chan. The only analogy I can think of.

Also:
That magikarp in my WS is from /v/.
19tv7c.png

I think I posted it already? >.

S

ScuberSteve

santakuroosu said:
I found out that the Testing Area is actually worse than 4chan.

Well yeah, I guess an entire anonymous imageboard is kinda greater than one board on a small forum...
However, if you compared /b/ to Testing Area, and said /b/ was better, I'd have to kill you.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I do believe if 4chan is publicly exposed that the /b/tards will increase and the board will die from mainstreamers disease.... SURVIVAL IN OBSCURITY!!!!

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Heran Bago said:
Some of you may be confused. Especially some of the high-quantity low-content posters that get the odd ban vote.
wink2.gif

I've created a Venn diagram to clear up any confusion.

venn.png

As you can see, GBAtemp is not actually 4chan, nor any chan for that matter. 4chan dialect is looked down upon by the much of the internet, due to sounding retarded. Image macros in moderation are to be expected of a message board, but goddamn lolcats are stupid.

"But Heran Bago!" I hear you say.
"It is my duty as anonymous to be a retard, as to spread the anon ideology."

WRONG. By using anonymous' slang elsewhere on the internet, you are doing what's called breaking anonymity. Not that I give a shit, but anons generally look down on this.

Long story short, you are not funny. Since it is inevitable I concede this thread over to rampant 4chan speak and rickrolls. It's kinda the sign of a site's decline, but I guess GBAtemp isn't as geared toward tech savy users any more.
.. I kinda like rickrolls though.

taken from the first post of this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2