GBAtemp Java Minecraft server - come hang out and play with your fellow GBAtemp users!

parentsultimateguide-minecraft-blog.jpeg

Introducing the GBAtemp Minecraft server! Party like it’s 2013, because we’ve decided to have fun by renting a Minecraft server, for GBAtemp users to come mine, craft, and chill out in. Hopefully, the community can have some fun together there!

Server Details

Minecraft 1.16.5
IP: mc.chary.tv

You’ll need Minecraft, of course, as well as CurseForge, which handles the automatic download of all the needed mods to play. After installing CurseForge, just grab the “TempCraft” pack by searching for it on CurseForge, and you’ll be all set.

:arrow: CurseForge Download

Tutorial1-1.png Tutorial2-1.png Tutorial3-1.png Tutorial4-1.png Tutorial5-1.png
A step-by-step guide
Info

This is Java Minecraft, and there are mods! The consensus was to keep things fairly vanilla, but with a bit of spice here and there to keep things interesting. You can expect to see the following mods:
  • Aquaculture
  • Better Caves
  • JEI
  • Chisel and Bits
  • Enhanced Vanilla
  • Genetic Animals
  • Quark
  • Pam’s Harvestcraft 2
  • Gravestone Mod
  • Biomes ‘o Plenty

And other neat tweaks and additions to make the normal Minecraft experience funner! (You can check the full mod list in CurseForge). General forum decency rules apply--don't grief, don't cheat, and try to have a good time!

We look forward to seeing who stops by!

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good idea: terrible execution.
1) This isn't a Minecraft forum, therefore you'll find mostly casual minecraft players
2) If there's something that casual MC players hate, it's mods; very hard to learn.
3) Should've had done Vanilla MC.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) This isn't a Minecraft forum, therefore you'll find mostly casual minecraft players
2) If there's something that casual MC players hate, it's mods; very hard to learn.
I mean the mods are simple to install and can largely be ignored if you don't want to use them. I usually play vanilla but am genuinely loving the small changes the mods bring. I also don't really see an issue with the playerbase being casual. It's just another place for people on the site to hang out and interact.

Reactions: PacDan16 and Chary

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean the mods are simple to install and can largely be ignored if you don't want to use them. I usually play vanilla but am genuinely loving the small changes the mods bring. I also don't really see an issue with the playerbase being casual. It's just another place for people on the site to hang out and interact.
the casual playerbase isn't a problem by itself, mods are the problem, casuals don't like mods

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played vanilla mc mostly, but i like this server. The mods do not disturb me, the claim mechanic is fine for me. Most people here are nerdy enough to adjust to the setup, even as casual gamers.
Gathered some material yesterday, will do a sandcastle later today.
This is a fun server, good idea.

Reactions: Chary and Scarlet

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. What's the issue with casual players? The idea is to play with other people from the Temp, not necessarily to play with Minecraft experts.
2. This was very simple to install. If you can't follow the instructions then maybe this isn't for you.
3. Personally I also like vanilla, but eh.

Reactions: PacDan16 and Joe88

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my place at the moment, growing trees like there's no tomorrow in order to feed the 16x16 colossal chest project (for science):

nHc65ZD.jpeg
Saw it pop up along the path I'm making, looks very nice!

The chest project looked interesting too.
If you'd like I can drop off logs I chop while working on the path every once in a while nearby.

Reactions: Chary

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the offer, but between Baoulettes and me, we managed to get together enough wood to finish the 16x16x16 beast:

iFMSuxu.jpeg

For comparison, the one in the front is 7x7x7. Good job to Baoulettes :D

I kind of expected the server to break, or for the whole world to suddenly get sucked into it when it was finished, or some other disastrous outcome... but apparently it actually worked, lol

EDIT: By my calculation that's 110,592 slots of storage space. Eat that, Refined Storage :P

Last edited by Kirgane,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version of forge do you need latest or recommended?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

failed to connect to server what?

nvm it pays to read directions XD

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I can't say I was looking for a server with the sweatiest automation pro gamers lmao.
The server has a good number of people coming and playing so your standards are apparently pretty wrong, and I have no idea why you bothered posting. If you're not interested that's cool. We considered a vanilla server but they have very little longevity so if mods aren't your cup of tea just say so and move on.

Btw, by and large ANY gamer attempting to engage in a community outside of a built-in ecyosystem like Xbox Live or PSN are probably a step above casual at minimum. Especially given this is also a homebrew site.

what version of forge do you need latest or recommended?

failed to connect to server what?

nvm it pays to read directions XD

Ye curseforge downloads the version we're using.
Makes updating the server's mods a pain but everything else easier for users.

Reactions: PacDan16

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright just did the first mod update since launch and learned Curseforge doesn't handle updates well I guess lol

If the client doesn't automatically update for you, you'll need to right-click and select the latest version
upload_2021-8-4_12-50-2.png

Which apparently re-installs the modpack and clears all previous settings.

I'm uh, looking into a solution because that's pretty terrible. No idea why Curseforge operates like this.

Reactions: bomigoton and Chary

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright just did the first mod update since launch and learned Curseforge doesn't handle updates well I guess lol

If the client doesn't automatically update for you, you'll need to right-click and select the latest version
View attachment 272121
Which apparently re-installs the modpack and clears all previous settings.

I'm uh, looking into a solution because that's pretty terrible. No idea why Curseforge operates like this.
Would it be possible to just put a mod bundle in the Temp download centre, or is there something bad about redistributing stuff?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to just put a mod bundle in the Temp download centre, or is there something bad about redistributing stuff?

That would work, I was just hoping to keep things simple. A vast majority of mods allow for free distribution. Optifine is the only one I can think of that isn't.

Reactions: Chary and Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle