Suggestion GBATemp Mobile App

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I'm sure this one has been suggested multiple times but, I've recently started using my phone for more than an occasional text and I never realized how slow and clunky the website is on mobile. If anyone wants, I will be willing to try to code something here with the RSS feeds.​

Reactions: Rizzorules

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be quite honest, since tempStyle 2, the mobile site has been really good. While it worked on tempStyle 1 (or whatever the old one was called), nothing felt like it was properly implemented for mobile. I honestly think it's great now. The only thing you really miss out on using the mobile site over Tapatalk is notifications, which granted is a shame, but it isn't a killer.

On the other hand, if you want to program an app, power to you friend. I doubt anybody here would have objections.

bennyman123abc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be quite honest, since tempStyle 2, the mobile site has been really good. While it worked on tempStyle 1 (or whatever the old one was called), nothing felt like it was properly implemented for mobile. I honestly think it's great now. The only thing you really miss out on using the mobile site over Tapatalk is notifications, which granted is a shame, but it isn't a killer.

On the other hand, if you want to program an app, power to you friend. I doubt anybody here would have objections.
I really dislike Tapatalk for multiple reasons but, I'm not here to go over those reasons. tempStyle2 did improve the mobile site quite a bit. However, I still find the rest of the browser to be quite clunky over top of the rest of the site. Maybe a lightweight browser could be of use here. Like, a browser reserved for GBATemp

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really dislike Tapatalk for multiple reasons but, I'm not here to go over those reasons. tempStyle2 did improve the mobile site quite a bit. However, I still find the rest of the browser to be quite clunky over top of the rest of the site. Maybe a lightweight browser could be of use here. Like, a browser reserved for GBATemp
Tapatalk is a clunky mess with notifications as the only reason to use it in my humble opinion, but some members will swear by it. So each to their own lol Maybe you just have a weak phone? I just use Chrome and it's fine. But like I said, experiment! Do funky stuff! If it improves your experience, by all means share it, and you'll probably improve somebody else's in the process ^^

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Safari on an iPhone 6s and it works fine. Seems like you need to find a new browser.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know what mobile device or browser you use, but on Android you have a few options. I find Chrome to be pretty good, but Samsung's stock Internet app is surprisingly good as well, there's also Firefox which I use sometimes when Chrome doesn't work properly on a site (it happens), and there's the old Dolphin which is not much more than the stock browser with some nice extra features added and a different GUI, I used to use that one as my main but these days I prefer Chrome.

Reactions: Deleted User

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Tempstyle 2. If you dislike the lightness, you can always install the unofficial Stylish Darker version [link]. However, the brightness would have to be put up with on mobile, (which imo I don't actually mind)
Even before Tempstyle 2, the browser version was absolutely fine. If not use tapatalk. I don't think an app would really apply here,

Last edited by vinstage,

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd just use tapatalk, it works fine for me.
Also, what is everyone's problem with bright styles, I actually like them more than dark ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: bye whoever's leaving