gbatemp.net Unused/Removed Content

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a thread documenting some of the content that is in the files of gbatemp.net, or was at some point, but got taken out for the current release, as of 08/05/2023 (Using the correct date format, fuck off americans). GBAtemp has been out for over 20 years, so stuff has changed over time.

1. Old TempStyles
As of now, we're in tempStyle 3.2, but that wasn't always the case. This site has had multiple complete facelifts over the years, some changing a lot, some changing a little.

2. tempBOT Custom Profile
in tempStyle 3 (not 3.2)(?) tempBOT used to have a custom animated background for its profile. It lost that in the transition to tempStyle 3.2.

3. NFO Theme.
This was something else that was lost in the transition to tempStyle 3.2, it was a simple theme with the black/white color scheme, based on NFO's distributed with cracked games. You can access it here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210401193914/https://gbatemp.net/

4. Deleted Users
They're gone because they deleted their accounts. Duh.

5. BANNED profile picture
Before tempStyle 3 (or 3.2, not sure) every banned user had their pfp replaced with this (or something similar to this. Cannot find a good source for said image.)
1683586927173.png

Nowadays, they keep their pfp, even when banned.

Extra: Glitches
You're supposed to only be able to have up to 50 members in a Direct Message, but if you report a post in there, a mod can join, which will go over said limit. Don't ask me how I know this, if you know you know.

if that wasn't already obvious this whole post is a reference to stuff like the cutting room floor. check out TCRF if you haven't, it's pretty fucking rad.

Last edited by Stealphie,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We aren't in August lol.
Stealphie is in Brazil, European dates are layered out as dd/mm/yyyy.

if that wasn't already obvious this whole post is a reference to stuff like the cutting room floor. check out TCRF if you haven't, it's pretty fucking rad.
TCRF is the best shit. I've even contributed to a few articles here and then before even coming to GBAtemp.

Reactions: AncientBoi

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is a thread documenting some of the content that is in the files of gbatemp.net, or was at some point, but got taken out for the current release, as of 08/05/2023 (Using the correct date format, fuck off americans). GBAtemp has been out for over 20 years, so stuff has changed over time.

1. Old TempStyles
As of now, we're in tempStyle 3.2, but that wasn't always the case. This site has had multiple complete facelifts over the years, some changing a lot, some changing a little.

2. tempBOT Custom Profile
in tempStyle 3 (not 3.2)(?) tempBOT used to have a custom animated background for its profile. It lost that in the transition to tempStyle 3.2.

3. IRC (?, Might be confusing the name/theme with something else) Theme
This was something else that was losst in the transition to tempStyle 3.2, it was a simple theme with the black/green color scheme, based on old IRC chats.

4. Deleted Users
They're gone because they deleted their accounts. Duh.

5. BANNED profile picture
Before tempStyle 3 (or 3.2, not sure) every banned user had their pfp replaced with this (or something similar to this. Cannot find a good source for said image.)View attachment 370020
Nowadays, they keep their pfp, even when banned.

Extra: Glitches
You're supposed to only be able to have up to 50 members in a Direct Message, but if you report a post in there, a mod can join, which will go over said limit. Don't ask me how I know this, if you know you know.

I do love using the date format YYYY/MM/DD because by example on filenames is a lot to easy to sort them.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone