Test GBATEMP VOTES: Who's the best Doctor?

Who's the best Doctor?

• Total voters

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Old series? A cross between Tom Baker and Peter Davison. I also found some McCoy's stories fun too.
New? A Mix of Tennant and Smith, Later smith episodes kinda suffered as Moff was losing control of the structure of the story he was trying to tell.

I want to also give Capaldi a special credit for trying to actually introduce a fascinating and potentially awesome Doctor but was stuck in what was probably the worst focus driven narrative of the Moff era. He was basically Colin Baker in that he was trying to do his best being The Doctor despite the shitty material he had to work with. It was just not fair because he shined the brightest in what was a pretty unfocused and poorly driven era of the show.

I don't even want to touch on the recent era of the show. I tried my best to get into it but Chibs really fucked the ball hard on that, in almost every way possible. When you fucked up so much the BBC is asking RTD to come back to fix this shit up again that should be a sign that you were effectively almost putting the show into Hiatus again with how bad viewership and fandom was.
Totally agree with all that plus Jodie has been brilliant as the Doctor just a shame she will be remembered for the god awful storylines she has had to try and make something out of.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
how-dare-you-picard.gif

I make serious polls
Do not hijack Doctor´s Thread,Polly....

Reactions: AmandaRose

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally agree with all that plus Jodie has been brilliant as the Doctor just a shame she will be remembered for the god awful storylines she has had to try and make something out of.
I feel like Jodie had some great potential but was not given the best direction outside of hanging around Tennant for awhile since they were familiar with each other in other Chib projects. It did not help either that they tried to over-stuff the crew this time with 3 different companions (now two) which would take more focus away from her not allowing us to see her flourish more as The Doctor. As a result her version of The Doctor is not going to be remembered all that well in comparison (hell even Ruth will probably be remembered more fondly and she was there for only a cameo).

The whole thing feels like it was a fever dream to be honest. Like they wanted to make a fanfiction that ignored previous canon to introduce their own and the result is just messy as hell. At least the cartmel masterplan was a more sound concept even if it would have caused some divide in the fanbase early on, but what Chibs has done is going to hinder the series greatly unless RTD comes in and tries to retcon as much as possible. I am still willing to bet that our Doctor got flung into a parallel universe during her regeneration and as a result everything we have witnessed during the last few seasons has taken place in another universe where our Doctor does not belong in (which would explain Ruth better). It would be the best way to sweep the new canon under the rug and retcon it when our Doctor returns to her home universe. At least thats probably the best way to do something like this if they wanted to write out the canon of the new seasons.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You know... I'm kind of a doctor myself...
I mean soon...
I mean i work in a lab...
As a janitor but soon as a doctor :creep:
You know, I'm kind of a scientist myself.
Graduated as technician in farmaco-bioligy and lab assistant.
I fucking hate it then and I hate it nowadays... and will always hate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1