OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp Writers' Guild
We love to write!

Goals

Here at GBAtemp we cater not only to the needs of Gamers and Nintendo enthusiasts, but to many other forms of entertainment and creative outlets. From breaking news to the latest movie, we pride ourselves to be a robust and kind community. However, lately we have a deficit of competent writers. It is my belief that there is no deficit, but a lack of incentive. The initiative that this project intends to achieve is to produce, and inspire anyone to post their dabbling in the written art that is literature. This can be a specific as a painting of a work with descriptive words, or even a narrative of epic proportions.

-Appropriate Submissions

As a writer, you'll be submitting short stories, essays, poetry, etc. As a reviewer, you'll be reviewing anything you want to.

-Values and Rules
  • Absolutely NO PLAGIARISM!

Here at GBAtemp, Plagiarism is taken seriously, even if it is a small as an impressions review.
  • If you decide to critique a contributor’s work, please don't flame their work. We are here to better each other, not discourage each other.
  • If your work is competently critiqued, it is not your job to call someone a troll. This will be delegated to some members here in the Guild to flag for clean-up.
  • When submitting stories, make sure the language and content follow GBAtemp rules. I know the forum is lax on cursing, but too much is bad for the userbase and is mildly offensive to most.
  • Keep in mind that there are children who come to this forum regularly. I don't need to specify what sort of descriptive content is inappropriate.
-Writer Application
  • Current User Name, and previous User names. (Or the past 3 - 4)
  • Area of Expertise. (Narratives, Poetry, Lyrics, etc)
  • Which language was your first, and what number is English on that list.
  • How often are you active here at GBAtemp? (Doesn't have any effect on your application, but it's nice to know)
  • How often do you write?
  • Sample of your work. (It has to be either a short story, or a smaller part of an existing work. It can be on GBAtemp, or another website such as deviant art.)
-Reviewer Application
  • Current User Name, and previous User names. (Or the past 3 - 4)
  • Which language was your first, and what number is English on that list.
  • How often are you active here at GBAtemp? (Doesn't have any effect on your application, but it's nice to know)
  • How often do you write?
  • How many reviews have you done? (Rough estimate)
  • Link to a review by you. It must be uploaded here at GBAtemp in the Review's and Guides section.
Member List
---

Most importantly, have fun with what you write. Flesh out your own style and never give up!

Another side note, if there are unattended to applications, and I am not around. Please, reviewer or writer, process that application and send me a PM here with the User name and status of said application (Accepted or Declined).
Activities and Messages
---

Since the Guild is so small, there are no current activities. If you are writing at the moment, and wish to post an excerpt, or short story, or review (either in the GBAtemp Reviews and Guides section, or here), please do so and I will add it here for exposure.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you know what, this could be good for me, since I'm writing in a newspaper soon too.

- Writer Application

personuser on GBATemp, Recorderdude everywhere else.
Expertise: Lyrics and Comedy/Dark Comedy
First language is English, that's #1. Also learning Spanish.
I'm quite active.
I write lyrics constantly, and humorious stories now and again.
Sample of your work:

Two stories:
Julian had awakened from his deep slumber. He stretched his feet out, and began patrolling his assigned area. Should he see his enemy, he was to charge forward ruthlessly, and attack with no holds barred. He marched back and forth for hours, and began to feel quite weak from the repetitive and never-ending motion.

Then, HE appeared.

The ultimate enemy. The one who had killed millions of his bretheren. This fiend had to perish.

Julian charged forward rapidly at the murderous monster, and was ready to attack, but just then, the monster rose up into the air with a mighty bound.

Julian gasped in horror as he saw the shadow of the beast descend upon his mortal body.

And then, he felt it.

Julian felt a large foot pressing upon his soft, fragile body. His internal organs spewed out and his skeletal structure collapsed. He screamed in pain, but his cries and his pain were soon ended by the sweet release of death. Yet another victim to the bounding beast.

Mario walked away with one hundred more points than he had before.
The "pleasant pastures" bar was dark, murky and miserable as ever tonight. Within its cold, hard, dust-ridden walls, a group of grizzled old palace knights sat and guzzled down beer after beer. They should have been guarding their new ruler's residence from something, but they cared not about that. Instead, they turned to their only friends; themselves, the quiet and ever-busy bartender, and their drinks.

It was then that a Young man burst into the bar in a panic.

The man seemed to be about twenty-one of age, of considerable cleanliness and decent appearance. He dashed towards the drunks in a rush and found his face planted into the beer gut of the largest, known "John Dodson" or simply "Staggerin' John", a name acquired from the many, many nights he had staggered out of the bar in a drunken stupor.

"Death...warrior...no...mercy...", the young man jitterishly uttered.

"Whoa, pal...slow...slow down there" John mumbled in a nearly inaudible slur. Surely the beer he was clutching was not his first tonight.'What...what are you so worry...worried about?"

Gathering himself together, the man began to talk in a clearer tone.

"My name is Harold Morris", he began. "However, that is of no importance. You must all listen to what I am saying and run for your lives shortly after".

The drunken bums chuckled at the prospect of something truly frightening occuring in their worthless slum town.

"L-L-LISTEN TO ME!" Harold shouted nervously in an attempt to attract attention.

The men quieted themselves and listened more intently.

"Listen, and listen well. There is an infamous warrior who has been rumored to be headed for our town. He is a ruthless beast who has destroyed the lives of many."

"Sounds like my wife", chuckled Staggerin' John. The others chimed in guffawing loudly in a drunken chorus.

"I SAID LISTEN!" Harold screamed once again.

They quieted down once more.

"This warrior is, however, different from most. He is the most barbaric man has ever known. He slays his enemies ruthlessly, and, when they have been defeated, he CONSUMES THEIR HEARTS.

Once again, the men burst into drunken guffaws. This time, Mel, the bartender joined in.

"I'M BEING SERIOUS!" Harold yelled out as he smashed a bottle on a table to command attention once more.

The men stopped immediately.

"Good.", Harold said quietly. "NOW, listen to me, you MUST know how to save yourself from this monster. If a teenaged boy wearing a green suit should come into this bar, smashing practically any container he should find, get out, then and there. If you do not, you will have but one saving grace. Pray that...Chickens are near."

At this point, the men lost it. They fell over on their sides, laughing uncontrollably. "So wait.", began Staggerin' John, you're saying that some kid wearing green clothes is gonna walk in here, break all the pots, and consume our HEARTS? and our only hope is CHICKENS?" "AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!". They all returned to their laughter.

As they laughed, a chill ran down harold's spine. He heard grunts, and they were coming closer.

"No...not now...", he said, shaking and trembling in a corner.

Suddenly, the door burst open. There stood a young man in green.

"EEyah!" "huh!" "waaaaaaah!", he screamed. The men turned around.

Link happily walked out of the bar, having defeated three evil knights and gaining three hearts and ten rupees.

My lyrics/Songs can be found on YouTube and sometimes dA/newgrounds under the name "recorderdude".

(oh, and some info mainly about the second story from the other thread:)

personuser said:
Shinigami357 said:
Those are actually cool [not to be confused with "cool story, bro"]. Short and sweet. The second one kind of gave it away too early, though [or am I just such a big Zelda nerd?]. Wonder why Link didn't have Navi with him, though, LOL. I also love the "reverse perspective" if you will.

I sort of felt that way too. I wanted to have Harold warning them in a way that wouldn't give it away, but I couldn't think of one at the time.

As for navi, If you noticed the beginning, the fellows in the bar were "palace knights" that were supposed to protect the castle. This is actually a throwback to "Link to The Past", as corrupted/controlled palace knights are some of the first enemies you fight in the game. In LTTP, there was no navi/tatl/whatever.

Glad you liked them, though. Maybe I will write some more in the future. These kinds of stories can't be animated easily, though, as it would be very, VERY hard to keep the viewers not knowing about who some of the characters are when they're looking right at them.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Writer App:

Sheaperd121/Duskye/KirbyBoy.
Short and Long Stories. Sometimes serious or funny.
English, maybe learning Spanish.
I'm pretty active, I visit this site everyday.
It really depends on the mood. I sometimes write alot, but then sometimes not.
Sample: One is a fanfic and the other is a original story. Just tidbits though.
Mario was awoken from sleep again and not so forcibly back into this world. As he stood up he felt a soft, familiar hand on his. He turned his head and saw Peach, sleeping on a chair right beside him. He also heard loud snoring coming from the top bunk. "Must be Toadsworth." Mario thought.]

Mario looked around and found himself inside of his house, though not what he had left it in. Things were scattered across the floor, the door was flat on the ground, and the whole place was just a big mess. Then Mario noticed a little trap door right beside his bed that was opened..

"I don't remember ever installing a basement…" Mario thought. "Luigi must have put it there…."

As the thought of his brother comes into place, memories of what he just seen came into his head. Luigi acting evil, keeping his brother trap inside his secret basement and….stabbing him with who knows what, "The Dark Injector," Mario thought, "That thing that Bowser made….it did something to him. He would never act this way….wait."

Mario suddenly remembers what Luigi said: "though it left a life lasting scar, the reward made me forget about the pain."

Mario looked down at his chest; he saw a hole through his shirt right where his heart should be, though when he looked a little closer in, he saw what looked a dark line going across his chest. He tried to touch it, though it rejected him, he feel like he touched a burning fire.

"Ow!" Mario said quietly. Peach seem to hear him, as she slowly opened her eyes and started at Mario.

"MARIO! But I thought…I."

Peach put her hands to her face and started to cry. Toadsworth woke up sudden saying "What's wrong my dear?" Right as he rolled over and fell onto the floor.

I came up to my room, and open the door, seeing the same old clothes lying around the room, same old bed and tv. I sigh and drag myself to the couch and take off my coat. As I lay my head down on the rock hard couch, I pick up the remote and turn on the TV.

“Usually crap, “ I said “Never is there anything good on here anymore, just stupid reality tv shows.” I keep flicking through the channels until I get to the news channel, “At least the idiot box is good for something.”

I sit up and lay my feet on the table, listen to today’s news.

“In today’s headlines, political unrest is in sight today as protestors take to the street over the new bill. Fights broke out and police were involved. 10 people were injured and others arrested. The governor could not be reached for comment, but his one of his advisers said "Everything is under control." ”

“In other news, there has been a unusual number of deaths lately. Police say that who ever is behind the killings are professionals. No evidence is found at the scene. Nor witnesses. The deaths are special though as only 18 year olds are being killed.....”

I turn off the tv “Same old, same old. People killing each other, protesting, all’s on the news anymore.”

I give myself a laugh “Ha, I act like I’m so old and yet I’m 18…..My brother was right, I’m am growing up too fast….”

I take out my wallet and take out a picture of my brother. We were both giving each other nugges, though in this picture I’m on the receiving end. I remember when my brother was like this, but I’ve only seen him when I was eight, after which our parents got killed and we were both sent to the orphanage. Something there changed both our lives…..

EDIT: Added one more fanfic tidbit.
Autumn leafs are falling from the trees as people around London go about their daily lives, though the children of London are looking forward to the Autumn Fair. Every year you could always hear the children playing around in the crimson leaves, hearing the crackle of leafs as children piled into them.

"Reminds me of when I was a young gentleman" Said Professor Layton as he took another sip of his tea. He was watching Luke, his apprentice, playing with the other children.

"Ah, I always look forward to this tea. It's the annual autumn tea made with pumpkin species and maple to add a certain fragrance to it that I'm just drawn too."

As he took another sip of his tea, Luke came running towards him.

"Are you having fun Luke?" Asked Professor Layton.

"Of course I am, professor!" Luke said with a grin. "I just came to sit down and relax bit. I'm a bit tired out."

"Well then sit down and have some pumpkin bread. You can't expect me to eat all of this by myself."

Luke took a seat as he reached out to get a piece of pumpkin bread. "The fair…(munch) is tomorrow….(munch) right Professor?"

"Now Luke, it's very rude to eat while talking."

Luke gulped down his remaining bread and said "I'm sorry professor; I'm just excited for the fair tomorrow."

"It seems so," said Layton with a giggle "I remember the first time I went to the fair. It was the most wonderful experience I've ever had, though….."

"Though what, Professor?" Said Luke as he stuffed another piece of bread in his mouth.

"Well, during one of my times at the fair, there was a terrible tragedy that occur there. Involving someone being killed."

"What happened Professor?"

"I…..very much appreciate it if you not ask me Luke, I lost someone….very dear to me that day. I don't want to relive it again.

"Oh, sorry professor. I was just curious."

"No, it's not your fault. I peaked your curiosity with what I said, but please I would be very grateful if you didn't speak of it."

"Alright professor." Said Luke "How about we talk about something else?"

As the two were talking and eating, Layton looked at his watch. It was 6 pm.

"Well Luke, I think it's high time we seat off for home. It's getting late, and I don't think you want to be sleepy during the fair?"

"I wouldn't dream of it!" Said Luke as he picked up his bag. "Come on then, I want to go to sleep early. I want to get a fresh start in the morning!"

Luke and Layton went into the car and drove back home. As they were driving, they stopped at a red light. As Layton was waiting for it to turn green, he looked out his window and saw to little kids playing by a tree, one a boy, the other a girl. Layton was so transfixed on them that he didn't notice the light turn green until someone honked there horn.

"Come on!" Said the annoyed driver, "I don't have time for this!"

Layton jerked his attention back onto the road and proceeded to drive again.

"Are you alright professor?" asked Luke.

"Yes…I'm quite all right. I was just.. remembering old times is all."

Luke wasn't buying the fact that he was alright. He thought that he must be remembering the tragedy that happen, "It's better that I don't bother him" Said Luke in his head.

But inside Layton's head was something more than just a thought.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Personuser: I love the types of stories you have posted so far. I never guessed who the characters you posted were until the very end. Great Job, and welcome to the Guild.
smile.gif

@ KirbyBoy: I always like your style, and the second story is a very good start. Keep it up, and welcome to the Guild.
smile.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I'm not too sure if I'm a writer or reviewer. (I'm sorta both)

Writer Application:

KingdomBlade.
Short Sketching, Aphorisms, some Poetry.
English and my native language, and I consider English to be number 1 along with my native.
Nearly everyday.
Every so often.
Here are a few links to my shorts: http://gbatemp.net/t283965-short-story and http://gbatemp.net/t292719-story-minutes-to-midnight
And some aphorisms: http://gbatemp.net/t285525-aphorisms

Reviewer Application:

KingdomBlade.
English and my native language, and I consider English to be number 1 along with my native.
Nearly everyday.
Every so often.
If you mean all reviews (games, systems and maybe movies), it would be around 10.
HM: SI : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194220
An indie game: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=289739
And (although it's not necessary) a movie review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=282448
Here's a link to most of the reviews I've already written: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/KingdomBlade#Reviews

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KingdomBlade: You can be both! In fact I actually recommend that anyone who has successfully reviewed things, also become a writer as well. Same for writers who have not yet hone reviewing skills. You do great reviews, and your short stories are also fascinating. Might I suggest that in your next review, look a bit deeper into the core gameplay, especially if the game is a sequel. Keep a reviewer's score as well. Many people who enjoy the same type of game multiple times will pay more attention if you also give a score based upon how much you enjoyed a particular game. You're doing great reviews and writing fascinating short stories. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the Guild.
biggrin.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once I've done my review for Dissidia: Final Fantasy Duodecim for my local paper, I'll show it to you and become a reviewer then, I guess. I'll have to PM you a link to it though because the stories are printed ONLY on their site (and they made that quite clear) and linking to it here could very well be considered advertising. Note, though, that my newspaper reviews will be geared more towards an average reader than an avid gamer like the majority of us here at temp, as that's what I have to do for the reviewing.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice. Alright here we go.

Writer Application

Current/Previous Usernames: Shinigami357
Area of expertise: I pretty much write anything, really. Stories take a bulk of my time, though.
Language: I learned Filipino first, but I consider English my best language.
Level of Activity: I'm here mostly everyday
How I write: As often as is humanly possible [i.e. when my head's clear]

Sample:

This is Chapter 1 of my currently-in-hiatus horror story. Hopefully the formatting gets through... [scratch that, I'll format it on BB-code instead]

- Sloth -​

My story begins the evening when I sought out The Doctor, as I soon sought out six others. For him, the whole ordeal was rather short, but I think he took the lesson to heart. Or whatever passes for a heart in his case, as he had none.

He knew that the woman standing by the doorway would be a nuisance as soon as he saw her rushing toward his office. Years and years of practicing medicine had brought him the experience to identify the annoying ones. The woman with her hair unkempt, her wild, bloodshot eyes, and worst of all, those clothes she was wearing. He knew a hospital was hardly a fashionable place, but surrounded by the four white walls, the rather impressive rug and various other furnishings in his office, he thought she would at least try to look decent for an appointment with a top surgeon. That’s when she started shouting at him.

“You killed him! You could have operated on him sooner and he’d still be alive!” The Doctor was taken aback as the woman’s raving continued; he had not expected security to have allowed someone like her in.

Before anything could get worse - ‘what if she suddenly turned violent?’ - he pressed a button on the phone and within a minute three guards shuffled in. They quickly restrained the madwoman, and proceeded to drag her out. As she was getting dragged out of the door, she shouted at him, “Give him back! Give me back my son!” One of the guards closed the door with muttered apologies.

The Doctor was just about ready to leave when his phone rang. His lawyer was on the other line, which meant he was probably not going to like what he was going to hear. “Yes, hello.”
“Good evening, Doctor. I apologize for the intrusion, but it seems you have a little problem. Nothing we can’t take care of, I’m sure.” Goodness, the greedy fool was smelling cash, but there was really no other option, was there?
“I see. What is it this time? I have dinner planned tonight, please make this as brief as possible.” ‘You’d probably bill me for this little chat, too,’ he thought.
“Well, Doctor, a woman has filed a malpractice suit against you. She says you were late for her son’s surgery and feels that if you had arrived earlier, he would have survived. It is completely ridiculous, of course.” That at least explained who that woman was. He remembered now.
“She expects a little boy whose brain had skull fragments imbedded all over it to survive if I had operated 5 minutes earlier? It was a small wonder he wasn’t announced DOA. Just take care of it. The woman probably wants to settle anyway. I’ll talk to you later.” He hung up, shaking his head at the lengths people go through to leech other people’s hard-earned cash.

He was turning toward the door when he saw her. A girl, probably no more than sixteen or seventeen, long blonde hair, dressed in what looked like black robes; he noted that she was barefoot. He did not remember hearing the door open, and indeed it was closed behind the girl who was looking straight up at him.
“Good evening little girl. What are you doing here? Are you lost?”
“No, sir. You are. But I can take care of that.” Her expression does not at all change as she says this; in fact, she looked serene, as though in a world of her own.
“Uh-huh, I see. Well, let’s go find a guard and start looking for your parents then.” ‘I’d prefer to send you straight to the psych wards, though,’ he thought. He reached for the door, giving the girl as wide a berth as is humanly possible, when she spoke again.
“Sloth. That’s you. A small kid, his skull cracked in 2 places, fragments imbedded in his brain. So much blood, so much pain and suffering and he died because you didn’t get there in time. You didn’t even plan on being there in time, did you? How can someone who swore an oath to save human lives be so utterly lazy?”
“What? I- I don’t know what you are talking about. You’re raving mad. I’m calling the guards.” He was shaken, but slowly he was figuring it all out. This girl must be an accomplice of that madwoman from before. ‘How dare they do this to me,’ he thought.
“Sloth, have you ever thought what it would be like to have to work for your every breath? For each beat your heart takes? Surely a person like you, who cuts corners, watches the very people he swore to help die from his sloth and incompetence and thinks nothing of it, and worst of all denies any knowledge of his sins, deserves to find out. I hope your will to live is stronger than your will to keep someone alive, Sloth, or your sins will end up devouring you completely.” This strange pronouncement done, she started to turn towards the door.

The Doctor was still baffled, unable to speak or move from his spot as the girl opened the door. Suddenly, his chest seized up. Such pain! His heart was throbbing, as though it was being squeezed, and he found himself unable to breathe. He collapsed, and at the sound, the girl turned around and looked at him. “Help…” he desperately tried to say.
“Sloth, take your punishment. As you have brought about your evil upon others, let it be brought down on you,” said the girl as she turned around, ignoring the fallen man behind her, and vanished as she reached the door.
The Doctor, his nails turning purple, his blood pressure plummeting and his heart rate at a steady zero, mustered up all his energy and forced himself to breath. Miraculously, his diaphragm responded, and oxygen was pumped into his lungs, but he was still getting no response from his heart. Panic flooded his mind, his vision darkened and all his pain and suffering disappeared.

The hospital was abuzz with the news the very next morning. The Doctor was found by an intern, collapsed just inside his office, his vitals all indicating that he had died. They were surprised when his body responded to repeated attempts at revival, though that had brought about such an unbelievable medical malady none of the doctors would have believed it. Surely a healthy person’s vital organs didn’t suddenly refuse to work involuntarily? As they monitored his condition and studied him, he was left in the ICU, strapped to an assortment of medical equipment, nearly three-quarters of which was needed just to keep him alive.

He had told them a bizarre - and likely made up - story about a girl who had more or less condemned him to this fate due to his laziness. That he was lazy, none of his colleagues would deny, but really, who believed in curses anymore?

That's it. I considered adding chapter 2, but it's too long [and the formatting will take me an hour] and it's a bit too OTT...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Writer Application:

Raika
Stories (mostly dark themed)
English
Online everyday
Rarely, depends on my mood

Sample (randomly came up with this one when I was replying to this thread, so it isn't exactly great):
The silence was stifling. Kyle's panting was heavy, and his legs felt like lead. Would he be able to make it out? His mind wandered, a futile attempt at distracting himself. His situation was dire, and he knew it. He had to survive, he was the only one left, he could not afford to die. His fallen comrades were counting on him, and should he fail, their deaths would have been in vain. Strengthening his resolve, Kyle was about to resume his escape, but his heart sank when he heard three voices. They were getting closer, their footsteps echoing across the hallway.

"That damn brat couldn't have gotten far, he's going to get it later."

"This is all just a worthless farce. Even if he gets out of here, who the hell would believe what he says?"

"Once we get that back, we're as good as the Gods of this realm."

Not daring to breathe, Kyle took in what he heard silently. It was hard to accept it, but he knew that what they were saying were true. Clutching his chest, he knew that he only had one chance to escape. And that chance was slim to begin with, if he messed up, it would be over. Brushing his long fringe to the right instead of his usual left parting, Kyle waited, while his brain whirred into action, planning his course of action.

"Hey, come out here already you foolish kid! My pizza's gonna get cold, and you know very well what'll happen if I don't have my pizza piping hot!" A rough voice called out.

"There's this thing called a microwave oven, Charles, or are you still living in the Stone Age? Oh wait, maybe you are, with that ragged appearance of yours." A high-pitched voice retorted.

"Harsh as ever, Hilda. Your words sting, a refined lady like yourself should refrain from speaking in this manner." A smooth voice replied coolly.

"Shut up and search already, fools! The sooner we get our hands on it the better. Hilda, you look in the storage room, Justin, you search the toilets, and I'll take the classrooms. He's stuck on this floor, no matter how you look at it." The rough voice of the man called Charles roared across the entire floor.

Ignoring the urgency of the situation, a plan started to formulate in Kyle's mind. It could work... No, it had to work. Gritting his teeth, Kyle closed his eyes, his entire body starting to reflect his current state of mind. His breath was still, body relaxed, resting till the time was right. As a set of footsteps drew closer, Kyle took in a deep breath. He was ready. The second the door opened, he reacted instinctively. His body felt light, as he jumped high into the air.

What happened next was a blur, it all happened so quickly that Kyle didn't have the time to comprehend the situation. His timing was perfect, he had landed on the shoulders of Charles's muscular body, and using his entire body weight, he dragged the stunned Charles backwards, as they crashed onto the cold, hard hallway of the Mors Mortis Highschool.

THIS IS A COUPLET POEM I WROTE:
Giant boobies, my favorite kind
I sniff pink panties all the time

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
1. Domination... I think.
2. Eh I think picking one area of expertise will just stifle my creativity, I'm leaving my options open you know, so I can be "Dommy the poet" one day and "Dommy the second JK Rowling" some other day.
3. Mandarin I guess. English second? I only know 2 languages. But both of them got A2's in my GSCE O Levels so I think they are of the same standard. And yeah because I learn English English, so I have u's in my "colors".
4. Depends on my mood, us artistic and creative people are moody you know. Normally everyday, but I just AFK though and chat with friends on the shoutbox sometimes, so I'm not sure it counts.
5. Write what? I'm still attending school, so yeah, almost everyday of the week?
"Wha... what?" I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. But it was a painful process because my eyes were experiencing excruciating pain from the vicious assault of the photon particles. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally managed to yank those two bastards open. What I saw wasn't exactly pretty though. I was sitting on a hill, and the hill was full of dead bodies. Burning bodies, rotting bodies, human corpses, animal carcasses, you name it. It was like a brutal war between humans and animals and I was smack in the middle of it.

What happened next shocked me even more... As I "stood up", I realised I couldn't actually "stand up"! I was shocked and confused and I looked at my legs(or rather, the space where my legs used to be), they weren't there. I tried to reach out my hand to touch the floor, I didn't have hands either. It was bizarre, it was confusing, I was experiencing a panic attack. My head was swirling with questions like "Why am I here?" "What happened to my body?" "Will I ever see my family again?" "When is the next Dream Theater album coming out?" And "where's the closest Burger King's store?".

While lost in thought, something sneaked up behind me, and tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw a human-sized earthworm with eyes, ears, a nose and a mouth! I was flabbergasted! What an atrocity! I quickly edged away from it and somehow it edged away from me too! Then I realised... I wasn't looking at a worm. I was looking into a mirror! I WAS A GIANT DISGUSTING WORM THING! The shock was too much for me. I was almost passing out, when I saw the worm thing, me, moving closer. How did that happen?

What happened next shocked me even more. A deep and coarse voice boomed at me. It said: "Hey young man, don't you be scared!" I looked up, towards the source of the voice. There was a human head stuck onto the top of the mirror, and it looked like my grandfather's head! This was too much for me to bear... I couldn't take it anymore... I just wanted to die... Thousands of thoughts raced through my head and I blacked out. It might have just been 5 minutes since I woke up but the trauma was overbearing. I fell onto the ground with a heavy thud, vulnerable, weak and slimy like a worm. I felt I was going to die at the hands(I think?) of the mirror with a human head, but I couldn't give a rat's ass anymore...

Some serious children's fantasy/adventure.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shinigami357: Quite a beginning for ch. 1. Perhaps a small paragraph to set the scene would be good. The main thing was that it was greatly interesting. I could not pull my eyes from the text. Hope you finish the novel, and welcome to the Guild!

@Raika: For someone who wrote in a hurry, you have a very good premise and base for a nice story. I'm kinda interested in what he took, or prevented someone from getting. I hope you continue to create great impromptu stories and hilarious couple poems (I love boobies myself). Welcome to the Guild Raika!.

@Domination: Odd, for some reason the story reminds me of Alice and Wonderland. Possibly because of the mystery behind a few of the characters you've already introduced. Keep up the good work, and I would be disappointed if you didn't write more. Welcome to the Guild Dommy!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but the OP has been updated with some info that the GBAtemp Writers' Guild and other members of the forum may have interest in.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well here is my application. Fingers crossed I get accepted.

Current User Name: Edgedancer
Area of Expertise: Short Narratives, Poetry and Screenplays
Which language was your first: English is my primary language
How often are you active here at GBAtemp? Every single day. Usually not active (ie posting) but I do browse a lot.
How often do you write? I am not writing too much at the moment. That said, I am always mulling ideas around in my head and thinking of stuff.
Sample of your work: Well you already have 2 stories by me, but here is another short one.

Hiding in the shadows
(Another older story by me. I will start posting some of my new stuff later on)
I dart around a corner and delve underneath a low awning, beckoning the shadows to hide me. I knew these streets well and knew that there was no hiding place from someone that is determined to find you.
I know that you can stall it but not stop it. I know this because it was my home.
I slow down my breathing with difficulty. In and out. In and out. It took a while and although I may have slowed down my breathing my heart was pounding like a jackhammer and I swear it was loud enough that it should be heard from a street away.
I press myself tightly against the wall in a low crouch willing myself to become part of the wall. My mottled-grey coat helped me break up my silhouette to make me harder to see and embraced the shadows for any help it will give.
I stand absolutely still, knowing that any movement right now could betray me. My moving may dislodge any number of items, trash, stones, water, causing them to sound out in an attempt to alert my followers. And even if they are not looking directly at me, their peripherals would be even better to catch a quick glimpse of something that isn’t quite right. Damn peripherals!
I turn my gaze outwards from my shadowy embrace. My eyes are constantly moving, scanning the ground in-front of me. I see everything but my head never moves. Practice has taught me the benefits of seeing but no seeing.
But my ears are what I am placing the most value in. They are listening for sounds that may reveal a threat.
Drain pipes.
Footsteps.
Cars.
Dull chatter.
These are the sounds I know. This brings me comfort. Anything else and I would have to make a choice. Run and hope my swift feet carry me away from my pursuers or stay where I am and pray my years of learning to remain unnoticed will keep me hidden.
I stand still for god knows how long. I can feel a rock in the bottom of my shoe and I have a massive desire to remove it but I know that it would be a reckless act. By submitting once to the irritation, it would simply make it easier to convince myself that I should remove any further aggravations. And no matter how quietly I could remove the pebble, it would be the movement itself that would give me away. I just grit my teeth and put up with it.
Almost as soon as I make that decision not to act, I know it has paid off. I hear footsteps pounding down the pavement mere meters from me. Had I been removing the pebble from my shoe, I would have definitely been found.
That said, some sixth sense seemed to tell him that someone was hiding there. His steps faltered and slowed and I see him cautiously enter the alleyway and cast his eyes around. I see him looking carefully and knew that he believed that his prey was nearby. He cast his eyes directly over me and found that I was staring into his eyes. They were kind and gentle enough but I knew they were looking for me and I knew exactly what he was going to do if he caught me.
Any movement now would be fatal. Even lowering my eyes could cause a small involuntary movement of the head. That would be all that it would take to find me. I could close my eyes but I couldn’t. I just kept staring.
He started moving slowly in my direction, though I was confident that he didn’t know I was here... yet.
Suddenly a bin 20 meters up the alley from me toppled, scattering garbage everywhere. It was probably knocked over by some stray cat or dog but I saw it as a gift from god. My pursuer got distracted and glanced up at the bin and in doing so, destroying his concentration. He cast a single glance back into my web of shadows and departed up the alley, running away in pursuit of who he believed was the maker of that sound.
Me.
I suddenly felt tightness in my chest and realised that I had been instinctively holding my breath. I exhale and the pressure recedes. The footsteps have departed into the distance now and though I was sure he wasn’t too far away, I was confident that I was safe for a little while. I reasoned that he wouldn’t check the same area for at least another 15 minutes or so.
The pebble in my shoe quickly becomes apparent again. Still pleased with my previous success, I take this opportunity to reward myself. I feel the relief as my foot comes free of the shoe. I wriggle my toes and shake the shoe upside down to remove the pebble.
I am putting my shoe back on and moving back into my hiding spot when I hear a person yell “GOTCHA!”
My head spins and I look exactly like a deer caught in the headlights of an unfortunate car. Standing a mere 30 meters away is my stalker. He must have doubled back to see if I made a stupid mistake... which I had. I fell right into his trap and if I had had more time, I would have berated myself for making such a rookie mistake. As it turned out, I didn’t so I did the only thing I could think of.
I bolt.
He pursues.
We run up the alley and onto the street. A crowd of people greet us on the street, glancing at us, occasionally shouting profanities, as we barge our way through them. I manage to slowly increase the distance between us as I weave through the masses but I know it cannot last. When I escaped previously, I had a larger lead and a good break in the traffic.
I knew that my running was only delaying the inevitable. I was going to be caught. I am already panting, my feet throb and my knees are sore. I desperately try to keep up the pace but I can feel myself slowing. I know that he is unarmed but he won’t need a weapon if he catches me and it’s only a matter of time.
Despite the fact I was about to be caught, I smiled. In a way it would be a relief. I had been waiting for this all day and was glad it was finally over.

After all... it was only a game of tag.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Edgedancer: You didn't have to cross your fingers man. You've already blown me away several times with your work. So, uncross your fingers and step into the Guild.

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sterling said:
@Edgedancer: You didn't have to cross your fingers man. You've already blown me away several times with your work. So, uncross your fingers and step into the Guild.
Thanks for that. I hope I will become a productive member of this little group (as of now). Writing is such a great outlet for talking about your issues or giving a point, or at least thats how I use it. If you need help with coming up with ideas for tasks to stimulate the guild (if thats what you are looking for), I have quite a few tasks and activities that I have done in my study that probably could be applicable.

For anyone that wants some help with revisions or editing, give me a hit up, as thats probably the best way I can help out in regards to this guild.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
Sterling said:
Thanks for that. I hope I will become a productive member of this little group (as of now). Writing is such a great outlet for talking about your issues or giving a point, or at least thats how I use it. If you need help with coming up with ideas for tasks to stimulate the guild (if thats what you are looking for), I have quite a few tasks and activities that I have done in my study that probably could be applicable.

For anyone that wants some help with revisions or editing, give me a hit up, as thats probably the best way I can help out in regards to this guild.
I'll take you up on that offer later, but for now, we'll stick with small challenges on a weekly basis (current one is a wiki project).

When the guild gets a little bigger, I was thinking about Guild maintained stories. Like a horror story written by several members. It might be an interesting collaboration, or a disaster if the writing styles don't mix well enough. (Obviously not limited to the horror genre by the way)

Also, I was thinking a couple story contests every now and then. With prizes like Flash carts, or small gifts from DX. It's a work in progress, but I have a feeling this Guild will be big in no time.
biggrin.gif

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Sterling
Fair enough. I wasnt expecting anything to happen for the next little while anyway. Your ideas sound good for the type of group we will probably be. If you ever need any help with anything guild related, just send me a PM

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a good story. I think you all know how it goes. I'll work on writing it out without the swearing
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaertix said:
I have a good story. I think you all know how it goes. I'll work on writing it out without the swearing
tongue.gif
As long as the swearing isn't every other word, you should be fine. However, if they aren't "tasteful" curse words, it's for the better. Can't wait to read it.
smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a short story I just wrote. You guys may enjoy it.

*Tick* *Tock* *Tick* *Tock*

The clock's familiar noise filled the room. I sat there in a chair, contemplating, bleeding. Lost in the sound of ever progressing time. Everything outside and inside is dark. The screams outside intensified. People beating at the door. There was nothing I could do for them. Even myself I could not save. I saw a wisp rise from my chest. When it formed completely, I saw myself. I was heavily scarred, burdened even. Weighed down by the woes and torments of a man who has noting left to lose at the end of the world. My soul could not take flight. It was so heavy, it was falling. It's lips moved, and I heard myself say, "Let it go." How could I. I could never forgive myself. The lips moved again, "It's not your fault." It's all my fault. There was never anyone else to take the blame. My soul continued to fall. It was going faster, but it continued to try and convince me with it's remaining will. My life was flashing before my eyes. Even the burning 747 that crashed through the ceiling could not break my trance. Even the blaze that consumed everything around me could not break it. My wife, children. All dead because of my poor choices. I'm dying alone tonight because of my bullheadedness. I deserve to rot in Hell for the things I've done. Suddenly, I saw more hallucinations. Apparitions of the unrestful dead. They took the form of my Wife's kind eyes, and my small children clutching the hem of her dress. They nodded at me, then the fast fading wisp trailing from my chest. I looked at them, then at my soul. I realized that they forgive me. I realized that the only person who doesn't is myself. This fleeting thought was peaceful. I gave one last sigh before my body's consciousness faded, and my soul fluttered past my unseeing eyes. The last sound that filled my ears was the sound of the clock. Ticking away without a care in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ik its an old news but cmon... +1