• Recreational RXs, prescription meds.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psychedelics! (LSD etc)

• Opiates! (Opium etc) (NOT the mod)

• Dissociatives! (Ecstasy etc)

• I'm so into drugs I can't choose just one of these choices. (huh?)

• Total voters

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Since most of the discussion on this board is about illegal stuff you do:
tell me GBAtemp - how's your drug use?

I don't mean like what you've tried, but go ahead and discuss.

Generally the nerd crowd and the stoner/druggie crowd don't overlap due to age and high school drama etc. Nerds are nerds and stoners are stoners, and it's not often that one side sees the other's very clearly. I'm predicting a huge "NO WAY DRUGS ARE BAD" response to this poll. Bring it on.
cool.gif

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh? First to vote! I guess I never got into drugs at school because none of my friends was either (probably because we were, more like the nerd crowd).

However, later on I got into Bodybuilding and learned how important it is to stay healthy and stuff like that, wich means no drugs at all and even gave up on drinking.

As for smoking, in case any of the smokers in the forum hadn't realized yet, IT STINKS and makes your skin and hair look weird.

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
alkeeehol for me. Moderation is the word. No failing livers here. I never felt pressured at school to take drugs, and i had stoner friends, nerdy friends, and sports crazed friends. I was just lucky i guess

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I am an ex-heroin addict from my early teens to early twentys, now all I do is smoke weed (nearly every day) and only really drink on like birthdays or Christmas etc. When I look back at my time as a user of the devil dust, I feel nothing but disgust.
I think most people who do experiment with drugs end up stopping altogether as they grow up and realise there is NO future in it. I don't really consider weed a drug although I know it's a very controversial subject.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used a lot of hash and acid from my late teens to my mid twenties, but I'm an absolute geek and always have been.

OT, On the recommendation of another gbat thread, I tried Touch Detective a few days ago. So completely not what I was expecting. It's the first time in about five years I've had serious doubts as to whether I was really seeing what I was seeing.

bradws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed. Most dabble as I have but you realise theres nothing in it after you start having moderate side-effects or seeing people that abuse their bodies...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I've tried a whole heap of stuff but mainly smoked pot for a while. I stopped because it made me lazy and dumb for the most part.

I usually have a few drinks on the weekend these days.

Oh and my favorite drug I've tried is MDMA. I suggest everyone tries it at least once but make sure you're over 21(brain no longer developing) and you have a testing kit to make sure you're not getting crap.
lecture.gif
Do it with some close friends

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I am an ex-heroine addict from my early teens to early twentys, now all I do is smoke weed (nearly every day) and only really drink on like birthdays or Christmas etc. When I look back at my time as a user of the devil dust, I feel nothing but disgust.
I think most people who do experiment with drugs end up stopping altogether as they grow up and realise there is NO future in it. I don't really consider weed a drug although I know it's a very controversial subject.
Woah damn I had no idea. Grats on getting it back on track dude.
They way I see it, people who think weed's a real drug are technically right, they've just never tripped balls.
wink2.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted weed because it's my favorite, and I drink often but lightly. I've tried lots of drugs but only like a few, just the natural ones (weed / shrooms).

btw, 100th post. in four years.
biggrin.gif
grog.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
"Nerds don't use drugs" has to be one the the stupider clichés I've ever read.
I've hanged around with my fair share of talented computer scientists, and I can tell you that if you dusted one of these guys' appartments, you'd get about a thousand euro's worth of coke after ten minutes of cleaning. "Coffee is not enough", I'd hear them say.

Out of my band of, what, seven high-school-and-beyond nerd buddies, three remain and have stopped doin' it. I'll let you wonder about what happened to the other four! (hint : jail, dead from OD, dead from owing money to the "wrong" person, dead from OD. They all thought they were "on top of it"...)

Other than that, Marijuana is an excellent, organic painkiller, relaxant, and I consider it as medecine. And I know no one who got into farther trouble for owning weed or resin than a slap on the wrist. (but do me a favor and DON'T FUCKING DRIVE when you're high, thanks)

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, some people here seem to have been heavy drug users in the past, glad to see they got over it.
BTW, although being completely against the use of drugs, I have to say that I'd rather try Marijuana instead of using pain killers. Seems like a more natural route to ease pain to me.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Younger days - LSD, Amphets, Cannabis, Booze
wacko.gif

Nowadays - Just the occassional whiskey

Reason ?

I grew up
rofl2.gif

Wouldn't condone drugs in any way shape or form. On the other hand, I don't regret dabbling (yet!). Must admit this new evidence linking cannabis to mental illness is worrying me a tad though lol

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As of next month I will have gone a year without smoking grass. Prior to that, it was my "nightcap". I don't miss it, though I thought I would. Waay back in my teens & twenties, I enjoyed the occasional hallucination. At this point in my life, I like a nice gin martini from time to time, a few shots of whiskey with a friend or two, and a nice glass of wine at night every once in a while. Tipsy's my limit.. I don't ever get drunk, learned my lesson on that one! Moderation is the key to all of it, and if you can't moderate it, leave it be.

Oh, yeah, coffee & cigarettes, and Red Bull, do they count?

*gets wings*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?