GBAtemp's 10th Birthday Mario Kart 7 Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
I would participate in the MK7 event despite the fact that I don't have MK7 on my 3DS and, my display name could be my real name. I'll go check my 3DS now and edit this post if it is my real name. I'm also saving up for some Flashcards and stuff for my 3DS so yeah! Wish I could participate but, might have to wait next year or so!

EDIT: Looked at my 3DS' user profile settings and my real name isn't being displayed. Also, since it's getting close to the end of the year, will the MK7 tournament end soon?

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol damn! I wanted to do a MK7 tournament race... Been out of the internet loop for soooooo long and it's been forever for me to be on GBATemp lol, oh well. Hope there is a next time I guess. I'm not gonna say I'm amazing at MK7 but I play at my best. 3 Stars baby!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I remember doing Mario Kart tournaments online, back in the SNES days. It was dial up speeds but it sure was fun.

The XBAND was pretty cool, but by todays standards, the service plan was bullshit.

The XBAND modem was widely available at Blockbuster Video branches during its time. Two pricing plans were available. One had a monthly fee of $4.95 and allowed the user to connect to the service up to 50 times a month with each additional connection costing 15 cents. The other had a monthly fee of $9.95 and granted the subscriber an unlimited number of connections per month. Activities that consumed a player's monthly allowance of connections included dialing in to the XBAND service for matchmaking, downloading mail (called "XMAIL"), and downloading the daily edition of the two XBAND newsletters, one containing generic news and the other containing platform-specific information such as leaderboards and contest announcements. Players were also assessed a fee of $3.95/hour for connecting to opponents outside their local calling area; player-to-player connections inside their local calling area were free.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
And Set 2 of Round 2 is complete. That concludes Round 2 of the Mario Kart 7 tourney! Semi-finals will be held next week at the same times for each group!

I will be putting the results on the OP of this thread in the morning. For you you can look here to see the results!

http://gbatemp.net/forums/mario-kart-7-tournament.246/

Reminder: Next week will be the LAST ROUND that will have separate times! There will be one group for each set, and the week after, the final four will duke it out in one final race!

duffjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XBAND was pretty cool, but by todays standards, the service plan was bullshit.

XBand2 was recreated about a year ago. I don't think it has the member support, but it has enough for the casual gamer. Their website that has the link to the program seems to be down, but I could upload a copy of the program assuming the server is still running.

We also have a small online league for SMK players and a few other popular SNES games, both for beginners and mid-high level players. A lot of us play in the SMK Championships in France each year as well. Our site is www.snesot.com. Check it out and leave a comment if you're interested.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten MUCH further than I deserve already. Hopefully my luck keeps coming into play and I win something, since my (lack of) skill has had nothing to do with how far I've come so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo