GBC flash carts

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Harvest moon doesn't use a clock for the day/night cycle but it had stuff like updating a tool takes 24 hours (real hours). It's always worked for me but I guess it is only counting the hours as I play. I never bothered to track how long I actually waited with the power off so I guess it was only counting time while playing. I never played the Pokemon games but they proly worked on the real time day/night cycle.

Either way though no clock.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the e-merger as well and haven't had any issues with it. I just checked and it's still working fine after all these years, it seems very well constructed. Let me know if there's anything you want me to test for compatibility. I agree that you can't go wrong at that price, you will however also need to get a universal power supply if you don't already have one as it doesn't come with one.

Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just noticed that it also looks a bit bigger than a standard cart, is this true?

I don't have anything specific that you could test, except for maybe the two Zelda Oracle games
tongue.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one here an EZ Flash 2 256 thing. Has the card, a docking port and the usb cable that goes into the system. If interested [email protected] and I'll see if I can pry it away from my fiance's home as she never used it anyways.

Never had an issue flashing anything to it and it does have a real time clock too.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The e-merger card is bigger than a standard GBC card:

Dscn0645e.jpg

And sticks out of both a SP

Dscn0641e.jpg

and a GBC

Dscn0648e.jpg

It sticks out further than the GB Bridge too but isn't as thick:

Dscn0647e.jpg

It did work with both Zelda titles and saved without errors, but my saves weren't there when I turned the card off and back on. But I'm pretty sure that's because I need to replace the battery, I noticed that all of the saves from the games I was playing from a few years back had all disappeared too. It looks like at takes a standar CR camera battery so I'll have to try replacing mine.

*Edit* I just went out and bought a battery and replaced the one in the cart and saves are working again
grog.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GB-Xchanger with flash cart (Mr Flash 64M -- is there even a cooler name than that?) is very reliable. I have owned one since 2000 and it still works as good as the day I got it. I have never had a problem with losing saves or games locking up. There are a couple games that won't work on it (SML2 being one of them) but there are fixes for them (marked with GoodCodes [BF]).

D

Deleted User

The guys from consolesource are pretty fast. I ordered the eMerger on the 7th and received it yesterday (12th)! Very nice!! According to their schedule it was supposed to be delivered after 2006-12-24, so I wasn't even expecting it.

But the flashing unit is one of the biggest I've ever seen in my life! It's actually huge (for a size comparison with a gbc, see below)! Sadly I couldn't test it, because of lack of time, but for USD 45 (this includes airmail shipping) I simply couldn't resist.
happy.gif

look at it ->

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the features of the emerger was that it could copy a gbc game to the flash cart without being connected to a computer, kind of like a stand alone cd duplicator. I've never really had a reason to use that feature but that was a major factor in the size since it has slots for both the input and output carts.

Dirtie

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Isn't it obvious? I want a GBC flash cart
tongue.gif

The e-merger offer is indeed to good to pass up, so I'll order it this week
smile.gif
(just wish the cart wasn't so big)

PS. There is a way to backup saves to PC right?
Edit: On further inspection it seems there is
smile.gif

scootmcfly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I was also hoping to buy an e-merger from consolesource, but it is no longer listed. I am sorted bummed. Is there any other trusted sites that offer gbc backup carts? Thanks.

Dirtie

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It still seems to be listed and in-stock...

Mine arrived today, all nicely boxed and packaged, and that cart is indeed huge
tongue.gif

I can't get it to work though, which is what I was expecting really. Maybe enarky, Larvi or Takeshi could give me some pointers
tongue.gif
?

D

Deleted User

Okay, here I am
happy.gif

What kind of error message do you get? Your parallel port is set to ECP/EPP (WinXP here on my comp)?

Dirtie

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Set to ECP, I just can't get the app to recognize it when it starts. Using XP also.

Edit: Damn, now the battery has gone dead. Guess I'm gonna have to go pick up a DC power supply today. I already have one, just it's only 300mA rather than the required 800.

D

Deleted User

You should try to set the port to ECP/EPP-Combo Option (not sure if every mb has this, but mine's pretty generic, so ...), that's what I did. I couldn't get it recognised too, with only ECP if I remember right, but I can check later if you want.

A power supply is really essential for this thing! But I read that even 600mA should be enough! Let me search that online documentation I've seen somewhere ... I'll be right back.
smile.gif

edit: here they are (PDF):
manual; troubleshooting

src: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/E-Merger

Dirtie

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That documentation seems to be a little bit out of date though (notice it doesn't mention XP) - the one on the disk seems to be more recent. The software is more recent than anything I could find on the net too
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll try setting it to ECP/EPP in the BIOS (I was thinking about trying this anyway) once I get this power supply.

D

Deleted User

That documentation seems to be a little bit out of date though (notice it doesn't mention XP) - the one on the disk seems to be more recent. The software is more recent than anything I could find on the net too
tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll try setting it to ECP/EPP in the BIOS (I was thinking about trying this anyway) once I get this power supply.
Damn, I really need access to a floppy drive then (i think my dad's computer got one installed, hehe).
happy.gif
If you encounter any other problems I'll gladly help!

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know anywhere but I was thinking of selling mine. I have no use for it anymore and I still have all the bits for it. Mr Flash 64MB+XChanger. I may put it up on EBay or Adtrader. If you live in the U.S.A though then I don't know. I live in the U.K so the shipping costs may be astronomical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: