GC Controller in Dolphins?

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, so... I wanted to Play some GC Games on Dolphins, but every time I click a Button to assign in the settings, nothing Happens. But, If I so the same exact thing with an xBox 360 controller, it just just lets me Progress. Can someone Tell me what could bei the Problem/how I can fix it?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How are you connecting the GC controller? Some third party GC->USB adapters don't work, whereas the official one and the Mayflash adapter both should work fine.

Did you select it as the "Device" in the drop down in the top left corner?

Does your PC recognize the controller as a controller?

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My PC does recognize the controller as controller but when I click The Button next to e.g. "A", it doesn't say "wait" or "waiting for Input", it Just does nothing.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PC does recognize the controller as controller but when I click The Button next to e.g. "A", it doesn't say "wait" or "waiting for Input", it Just does nothing.
dont you have to select the controller you are trying to assign in the dolphin settings aswell?

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Zyvyn I did and that's the only time it doesn't Work. It works in the exact way with an xBox controller but Not with the GC Controller

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Tom Bombadildo I'm using a 3rd party Switch/WiiU GC Controller Adapter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also The Adapter has already worked before but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Dolphin since then

D

Deleted User

try setting it to "real gamecube controller" rather than an emulated one, you do this in the same place you can remap the controller, it's like using an emulated vs a real wiimote

also you need to install a driver for it

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
try setting it to "real gamecube controller" rather than an emulated one, you do this in the same place you can remap the controller, it's like using an emulated vs a real wiimote

also you need to install a driver for it
I have a Driver installed and also where do I find the Option "real GameCube controller"? Lol

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I haven't actually checked in a few years to see if this is still the case, but even with the thrid-party USB GameCube controller adapters, don't you have to install a driver with Zadig? Just a couple days ago, I had to do that for my original Wii U one to work on a LaunchBox machine I'm setting up.

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now, I haven't actually checked in a few years to see if this is still the case, but even with the thrid-party USB GameCube controller adapters, don't you have to install a driver with Zadig? Just a couple days ago, I had to do that for my original Wii U one to work on a LaunchBox machine I'm setting up.
I'm using Zadig

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Zadig
I'd say to double-check which driver you installed and just ensure you've got that right. As far as actually selecting it in Dolphin, you pick your adapter from the dropdown list in the controller settings, for each GCN controller port. For me with my Wii U adapter, it says it's "GameCube Adapter for Wii U". Oh, restart your machine if you haven't after installing the driver. Sometimes that kind of stuff helps.

8Pit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK Guys I found the Error but YTF do U have to select "Switch/WiiU" in the Adapter? Like, I have a little Switch on the Adapter with the Options "Switch/WiiU" and "PC"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OK Guys I found the Error but YTF do U have to select "Switch/WiiU" in the Adapter? Like, I have a little Switch on the Adapter with the Options "Switch/WiiU" and "PC"
Set it to the Wii U setting for use with Dolphin (since it is designed with official GC controller adapters in mind and the Wii U setting acts like the official adapter, PC setting will probably not work) then select GameCube Adapter for Wii U in the dropdown next to "Port 1" etc. for any controller ports you want to use the GC adapter for in the controller settings. You will likely have to install the driver with Zadig AFTER setting the switch to Wii U.
Then it should just work with no controller mapping necessary. If it doesn't, confirm that the correct driver is installed.
I did this a couple weeks ago using an official GC adapter and only had to install the driver and select the right option in Dolphin to make it work.
If you don't see the "GameCube Adapter for Wii U" option, update Dolphin.

Edit: More complete instructions here (this is what I used): https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted User

i fell asleep, but here's the setting, i'm a bit late at this point since someone else mentioned it for me
EUrcHs8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good