Ljonja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
Hello,

Because all of my files on my Gamecube Memory Card got deleted (View https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-games-out-of-other-regions-corrupt-memory-card.466366/), I decided to create regular backups of my Gamecube saves in the future and found the tool 'GCMM'.

This app lets you either backup/restore a single gamecube save to SD/USB or even backup the whole Memory Card blocks.

In order to test this wii homebrew application, I created a new save file in the game 'Zelda: Wind Waker' and played a bit on it. Then I opened the app and backed up both the single save file and the whole block memory of the Memory Card.
To avoid data loose, I used a second Memory Card for testing the restore function.
At first I restored the single save file of 'Zelda: Wind Waker'. But after I restored it, the Memory Card got corrupt and I had to format it, which means that all datas had to be deleted. After several tries of this method, I tried the whole block memory backup function.
But this method already failed in the app itself as there is always the error: "Error! Writing failed for unknown reasons at block 4!".

Now I really do not know what to do so I am asking you for help. Is there anyone that knows how to solve this error or even can tell me another method to backup/restore Gamecube saves?

Thank's for reading :)

P.S: My console is PAL, if this helps

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Because all of my files on my Gamecube Memory Card got deleted (View https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-games-out-of-other-regions-corrupt-memory-card.466366/), I decided to create regular backups of my Gamecube saves in the future and found the tool 'GCMM'.

This app lets you either backup/restore a single gamecube save to SD/USB or even backup the whole Memory Card blocks.

In order to test this wii homebrew application, I created a new save file in the game 'Zelda: Wind Waker' and played a bit on it. Then I opened the app and backed up both the single save file and the whole block memory of the Memory Card.
To avoid data loose, I used a second Memory Card for testing the restore function.
At first I restored the single save file of 'Zelda: Wind Waker'. But after I restored it, the Memory Card got corrupt and I had to format it, which means that all datas had to be deleted. After several tries of this method, I tried the whole block memory backup function.
But this method already failed in the app itself as there is always the error: "Error! Writing failed for unknown reasons at block 4!".

Now I really do not know what to do so I am asking you for help. Is there anyone that knows how to solve this error or even can tell me another method to backup/restore Gamecube saves?

Thank's for reading :)

P.S: My console is PAL, if this helps

Are you using the latest version of GCMM which is 1.4f ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1