Homebrew RELEASE Gen7.1 Engine Free Edition: Visual Programming for Switch, Wii and Windows - New features+free

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everyone here asking for examples isn't trying to be rude or abrasive. Making examples of games or projects, compiled and running, is of higher importance than continuing development of the sdk.

Since:
1. Making an application using it and letting people run the application let's you have feedback on bugs and usability.
2. It acts as a springboard for those starting out using the engine.
3. Let's you find new use cases for tools and nodes you might have missed, or cull/remove some features you thought were useful but proved otherwise during application development.

It's a ton of work making a visual scripter. I really do applaud your efforts. I've been reading the book game engine architecture by the head programmer of naughty dog, and it is gargantuan the amount that goes into an engine.

Tldr: of it all, the lack of completed project examples gives the impression you haven't used it to make a complete project. It also adds a huge barrier of entry for new adopters.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your compliment. Nothing to say except you're totally correct and made me realize how much examples are really needed. Just for something: "gives the impression you haven't used it to make a complete project" it's actually the fact. The engine is a new born project which I didn't had time yet to do any full project with it.

---
Other than that, the maintenance is ended, I fixed a small security issue but now everything is working properly. The setup download is now available at the same link.

Last edited by iyenal,
Reactions: Mach and hippy dave

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gen7.1 Engine Examples:

Gamepad Control

Basic application that checks which button is currently pressed, and depending of the input make an image visible or not. Simple management of 2D Sprites on different layers, plus conditionnal controller events.
upload_2019-6-11_20-16-53.png

Download: https://umodcommunity.idstudio.live...ch-wii-and-windows/&do=findComment&comment=79

Tetris Falling Block
The first stone of that famous game, Tetris. This example changes the block position following a fixed time (time loop), makes various checks including controller to move the falling block horizontally in case the user wants to, and stop the block when arrived at the bottom of the grid while showing the final horizontal block row.
Can be used to make directly a full Tetris. Image source and copyight to Tetraminos.
upload_2019-6-11_20-19-54.png

upload_2019-6-11_20-20-14.png

ScriptFlow image:

upload_2019-6-11_20-23-33.png

Download: https://umodcommunity.idstudio.live...ch-wii-and-windows/&do=findComment&comment=80

- FAQ: Please Read! -

- What do I need to open and run the examples?

You need the last Gen7 Engine version ("Brenden, Machow8" - "Spectre" version).
  • If you downloaded and installed Gen7 Engine before this post: redownload the setup in the main post. Gen7 Engine will automatically update.
  • If you downloaded and installed Gen7 Engine after this post: you have nothing to do, your version will just directly update at the next startup.

- How to install the examples?
Drag and drop the zipped folder in C:/Gen7-Engine/projects.

- How to open the examples in the engine?
In the Project menu, type the folder's name of the example you installed and Gen7 Engine will automatically open it instead of making a new one.

- And after that?
If you want more examples, please consider supporting Gen7 Engine on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/gen7engine Thanks.
I need the first goal in order to continue develop it, so please support it if you're able to. Otherwise, if Patreon doesn't follow the amount of work I spend on the development, this will be probably the last thing done for it. Sorry.
I really made the examples because many people told they would like to see what the engine is capable before to support with money. That's responding to this, I hope it will be the case.

Last edited by iyenal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already