Genesis Flashback 2018 Stock Firmware SD Card ROMS

egrath

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

can anyone please tell me on how to name rom files on AtGames Genesis Flashback 2018 with stock 20190226 firmware to be recognized by the device?

I've put the following files onto the SD card in a folder \GAME:

Flashback.md Flashback.md.png Choplifter.sms Choplifter.sms.png

Only Flashback is recognized (however it got truncated to "Flashbac") and without any custom cover images. Any hints (except for flashing to custom firmware, i want the stock one if possible)?

Egon

Reactions: SylverReZ

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genesis games must be copied in .bin format. You can just rename from .md to .bin. If I recall correctly the png file won't be loaded, you will only get the generic cover from SD card.
SMS games won't run from the SD Card with the stock firmware, the menu is hardcoded to only read .bin files. Renaming a .sms file to .bin won't work because the core recognize bin files as Genesis ROMs automatically.

egrath

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Genesis games must be copied in .bin format. You can just rename from .md to .bin. If I recall correctly the png file won't be loaded, you will only get the generic cover from SD card.
SMS games won't run from the SD Card with the stock firmware, the menu is hardcoded to only read .bin files. Renaming a .sms file to .bin won't work because the core recognize bin files as Genesis ROMs automatically.
Thank you very much for your response. According to this, i probably will go with your custom firmware - thanks for creating it, makes the system absolutely a dream from what i've read already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yeah