ROM Hack Question Genning in Gen 8/Sword & Shield

fodder

STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this have been talked about quite a lot already, but do you think it will be realistic to do so? I assume you can already gen in LGPE but it's practically pointless since you can't safely go online, right? Will Sword & Shield be the fall of genning or are there ways of getting around checks and bans? I haven't been keeping up with the Switch scene lately so I don't know what developments have been made, but a friend just asked me this and it had me thinking.

D

Deleted User

I'm sure this have been talked about quite a lot already, but do you think it will be realistic to do so? I assume you can already gen in LGPE but it's practically pointless since you can't safely go online, right? Will Sword & Shield be the fall of genning or are there ways of getting around checks and bans? I haven't been keeping up with the Switch scene lately so I don't know what developments have been made, but a friend just asked me this and it had me thinking.
Wait until the game is out and you'll get your answer

fodder

STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My idea is to have one switch with genned mons
And trade them via lan to the legit unhacked switch
Yeah, I heard of people doing that with LGPE but that seems a bit much and I feel that if a mon doesn't pass all checks the 2nd Switch could be banned or experience some penalties

Wait until the game is out and you'll get your answer
I guess, although unless there's some QR exploit or other new exploit whatever XY/ORAS had I don't see it being much different than how LGPE is

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the Pokemon Lets Go games with genned mons online for a couple months with no issues, even traded some online as well. Its a very plausible expectation that we will be fine with the new generation pokemon games

Reactions: fodder
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I heard of people doing that with LGPE but that seems a bit much and I feel that if a mon doesn't pass all checks the 2nd Switch could be banned or experience some penalties

I guess, although unless there's some QR exploit or other new exploit whatever XY/ORAS had I don't see it being much different than how LGPE is
I do it in LGPE with max stats pokemon with weird moves and i can trade fine

Reactions: fodder

fodder

STARMAN
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the Pokemon Lets Go games with genned mons online for a couple months with no issues, even traded some online as well. Its a very plausible expectation that we will be fine with the new generation pokemon games
I do it in LGPE with max stats pokemon with weird moves and i can trade fine
I see, I guess I overestimated their security lol

Hopefully it's the same in Sword & Shield, breeding mons is an absolute pain

D

Deleted User

I doubt they care really
If they did they would've added security to the save files in LGPE
LGPE really wasn't a serious game. On the new game, they will have ways to see if pokemons have unlearnable moves in their move list and deem it as hacked. For IVs, EVs and Nature, it all doesn't matter. Hidden abilities will play a role if modified on certain pokemons like starters

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LGPE really wasn't a serious game. On the new game, they will have ways to see if pokemons have unlearnable moves in their move list and deem it as hacked. For IVs, EVs and Nature, it all doesn't matter. Hidden abilities will play a role if modified on certain pokemons like starters
Then why not implement these in gen 7?
I know its a old game
But genning was a problem before
hbl was easy to get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars