HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can check his twitter or blog page for anymore info. A lot of people have been constantly asking about the release for the CFW. Judging from his response I doubt he has one.

Bumpman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finishoff said:
You can check his twitter or blog page for anymore info. A lot of people have been constantly asking about the release for the CFW. Judging from his response I doubt he has one.
He posted a video of it(which is what I linked to)

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw that video, I wasn't going to update my fatty PS3 until he would release the CFW. After waiting for a good few weeks I decided to just screw the "install OS" feature. The video is his proof that he actually created a working CFW, but a video is nothing to me until an actual release is launched. He's been avoiding people asking about the CFW which is kind of suspicions. If he's not going to release it then he should of not make any announcement about it, if he's going to release it at least give his followers a bit of update.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Finishoff said:
Yeah I saw that video, I wasn't going to update my fatty PS3 until he would release the CFW. After waiting for a good few weeks I decided to just screw the "install OS" feature. The video is his proof that he actually created a working CFW, but a video is nothing to me until an actual release is launched. He's been avoiding people asking about the CFW which is kind of suspicions. If he's not going to release it then he should of not make any announcement about it, if he's going to release it at least give his followers a bit of update.

he's tired of everyone asking does it play backups even when he says no they continue to ask and threaten him for not maing a CFW that plays backups. I dont blame him for ignoring everyone

Bumpman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
I have a feeling the CFW is legit, but the only way to install it is via infectus or something
smile.gif
Didn't he say it was a .PUP file that you install like a normal update?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahahahahahaha

All he did was change the version # on his one-off ps3 to 3.21, its still 3.15. Its basically fake as can be. Also, seriously, think about this for one second. How in the heck can he release a update file that will work on any ps3. THINK. Everything has to be signed or the ps3 will reject it. If GEOHOTZ has the ability to sign files that the ps3 will run, then he can do ANYTHING HE WANTS with any ps3, let alone make a CFW. THINK REAL CLEAR FOR A SECOND! If you can sign a update file, you can sign anything to run. Why hasnt he mentioned he can do that?

Oh wait, its because he is full of shit.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. Not funny.

Does it have to be signed to be able to be executed...?
NO.
Bannerbomb for example uses a buffer overflow exploit. Is the channel signed? nuh uh.

Action Replay DSi works by sending replys in a timed order without the DSi realising it's a flashcart that hasn't been updated to whitelist. The header uses bits of other rom header code. Is it signed? No. If it was, we would've fakesigned our pirated DSiWare ages ago.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats not what geohot said, he said he would release a CFW update file that you use just like a normal update, but that it would be CFW to keep OtherOS. He never mentioned releasing a exploit via update file, just an actual CFW.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quepaso said:
Thats not what geohot said, he said he would release a CFW update file that you use just like a normal update, but that it would be CFW to keep OtherOS. He never mentioned releasing a exploit via update file, just an actual CFW.
Why are you always against consoles?

Bumpman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
hahahahahahahaha

All he did was change the version # on his one-off ps3 to 3.21, its still 3.15. Its basically fake as can be. Also, seriously, think about this for one second. How in the heck can he release a update file that will work on any ps3. THINK. Everything has to be signed or the ps3 will reject it. If GEOHOTZ has the ability to sign files that the ps3 will run, then he can do ANYTHING HE WANTS with any ps3, let alone make a CFW. THINK REAL CLEAR FOR A SECOND! If you can sign a update file, you can sign anything to run. Why hasnt he mentioned he can do that?

How do you know it needs to be signed? I'm pretty sure that if you hex edit a .PUP file randomly, although if it was signed it wouldn't be signed anymore, the PS3 would still accept it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
quepaso said:

wat. Im more pro console then anyone on this forum. I am against stupidity and believing children like geohotz looking for attention. The guy screwed up by announcing he hacked the PS3 when he didnt have squat, which turned into people losing a feature they actually paid for on every PS3. People should be responsible for their actions.

Bumpman said:
QUOTE(quepaso @ May 17 2010, 10:57 AM)
hahahahahahahaha

How do you know it needs to be signed? I'm pretty sure that if you hex edit a .PUP file randomly, although if it was signed it wouldn't be signed anymore, the PS3 would still accept it.

Wat.

Read what you wrote. Slowly. Carefully.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
quepaso said:
naglaro00 said:
quepaso said:

wat. Im more pro console then anyone on this forum. I am against stupidity and believing children like geohotz looking for attention. The guy screwed up by announcing he hacked the PS3 when he didnt have squat, which turned into people losing a feature they actually paid for on every PS3. People should be responsible for their actions.

Bumpman said:
QUOTE(quepaso @ May 17 2010, 10:57 AM)
hahahahahahahaha

Wat.

Read what you wrote. Slowly. Carefully.
How about watch out for your spelling and grammar mistakes?
He didn't mention alot of things. So what? For all we know, he could be keeping it to himself to stop noobs like you from flaming him and asking when it's going to come out.

Console Pro? Why don't you deflate that head of yours?

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
quepaso said:
hahahahahahahaha

We have no reason to not believe him, he did what no-one else was able to do in a few days with the iPhone.

He has nothing to gain by lying to us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3