Gaming Getting a 3DS. What game should I get?

FrankensteinTank

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
SF4, and Ocarina...thats all there is.

Those are the two I'm leaning towards.
smile.gif

EDIT: Also I've never played Ocarina of Time because I didn't have an N64 but I've liked the Zelda games since then and figured it would be a good idea to play this one as well.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
- Zelda. Even if you've played it before, it always seems to feel fresh somehow. There is a damn good reason why it's generally accepted as the best game of all time, still holding on to that title after all these years.

- DOA Dimensions. Great fighter, satisfying to play for reasons other than Kasumi's ridiculous rack.

- Street Fighter 4. A close second for 'best fighter', I found the technical side of DOA more fun, but to each their own, they're both great games.

- Ridge Racer. Not bad at all for a launch title. Don't pay full price for it, but you shouldn't have to, it's pretty cheap already.

- Resident Evil Mercenaries. It's got a few minor issues like the sound being low quality and enemies in the distance looking goofy, but it's still a blast to play. I'd rate it around a 7.9

- Pilotwings and Samurai Warrior Chronicles are also worth looking into if you can get them cheap, but don't pay retail for them. Pilotwings lacks depth IMHO and Samurai Warriors lacks variety in the maps and the plot is confusing as all hell. But if you can grab them cheap they're not bad diversions.

Also keep your eyes on Starfox coming in September, Kid Icarus which...could show up any time, anything with Mario in it, and Nintendogs if you're not allowed a real dog for whatever reason. Kinda pointless for me 'cause I have a real wolf but if you live in a block of flats or something then it might be about the best you can get.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Samurai Warriors Chronicles or BlazBlue Continuum Shift II (no wifi I believe)?

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean?

Green Lantern: Rise Manhunters?
laugh.gif

FrankensteinTank

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
- Zelda. Even if you've played it before, it always seems to feel fresh somehow. There is a damn good reason why it's generally accepted as the best game of all time, still holding on to that title after all these years.

- DOA Dimensions. Great fighter, satisfying to play for reasons other than Kasumi's ridiculous rack.

- Street Fighter 4. A close second for 'best fighter', I found the technical side of DOA more fun, but to each their own, they're both great games.

- Ridge Racer. Not bad at all for a launch title. Don't pay full price for it, but you shouldn't have to, it's pretty cheap already.

- Resident Evil Mercenaries. It's got a few minor issues like the sound being low quality and enemies in the distance looking goofy, but it's still a blast to play. I'd rate it around a 7.9

- Pilotwings and Samurai Warrior Chronicles are also worth looking into if you can get them cheap, but don't pay retail for them. Pilotwings lacks depth IMHO and Samurai Warriors lacks variety in the maps and the plot is confusing as all hell. But if you can grab them cheap they're not bad diversions.

Also keep your eyes on Starfox coming in September, Kid Icarus which...could show up any time, anything with Mario in it, and Nintendogs if you're not allowed a real dog for whatever reason. Kinda pointless for me 'cause I have a real wolf but if you live in a block of flats or something then it might be about the best you can get.

-Haven't played OoT so definitely considering it.

-I've been getting back into playing fighting games recently and Street Fighter is definitely a favorite of mine however DOA is great too.

-Not a big fan of racing games so probably gonna pass on Ridge Racer.

-I like Resident Evil a lot, but does this game have a story at all or is it just minigames and side-missions.

-Looking forward to Starfox for sure and Kid Icarus looks good as well. Also anything Mario is a no-brainer and I have a real dog so no need for a virtual one.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Frankenstein Tank said:
Blaze163 said:

-Haven't played OoT so definitely considering it.

-I've been getting back into playing fighting games recently and Street Fighter is definitely a favorite of mine however DOA is great too.

-Not a big fan of racing games so probably gonna pass on Ridge Racer.

-I like Resident Evil a lot, but does this game have a story at all or is it just minigames and side-missions.

-Looking forward to Starfox for sure and Kid Icarus looks good as well. Also anything Mario is a no-brainer and I have a real dog so no need for a virtual one.

YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED OCARINA OF TIME?!

Go buy it. Now. I don't care what you have to sell. It'll be the best money you've ever spent. Seriously.

And no, Resident Evil Mercs 3D doesn't have a story. It's just the Mercs mini-game from Resi 4+5, really. Still a great game, great fun blasting away at an endless stream of people dumb enough to walk into my laser sights, but if you want a great story look elsewhere 'cause it's got nothing at all, unless you count 'there be bad guys, kill dey ass' as a story.

FrankensteinTank

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:

Go buy it. Now. I don't care what you have to sell. It'll be the best money you've ever spent. Seriously.

And no, Resident Evil Mercs 3D doesn't have a story. It's just the Mercs mini-game from Resi 4+5, really. Still a great game, great fun blasting away at an endless stream of people dumb enough to walk into my laser sights, but if you want a great story look elsewhere 'cause it's got nothing at all, unless you count 'there be bad guys, kill dey ass' as a story.

Nope, I have never played Ocarina of Time and everyone says it's great and I like pretty much all other Zelda games. That is why I'm probably gonna get it. However, I could get two games really because I could sell my ds lite seeing as I have a dsi too.

Okay, well I'll probably wait for RE: Revelations then.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Frankenstein Tank said:
Blaze163 said:

Nope, I have never played Ocarina of Time and everyone says it's great and I like pretty much all other Zelda games. That is why I'm probably gonna get it. However, I could get two games really because I could sell my ds lite seeing as I have a dsi too.

Okay, well I'll probably wait for RE: Revelations then.

If that's the case seems like Zelda and either DOA or Street Fighter would be your ideal combo. As to which if the fighters you choose, it's really a matter of personal preference. I found DOA to be more about skillful timing with your counter holds and it's the better looking of the two (again, for reasons OTHER than Kasumi's breasts...although they are lovely
tongue.gif
) whereas Street Fighter is more the classic 2D style from yesteryear, the fact that the backgrounds don't move bugged me but it's a mostly minor complaint (unless you're on the Solar Eclipse stage). If you value story then DOA is slightly better as it actually has a story of some vague description. Both have online play, plenty of characters and costumes to unlock, but you're behind the times with DOA's DLC. It does daily DLC to add new costumes, and once a week you get a special fight against an AI set by one of the devs. Overall I thought DOA was the better game but go with whichever you like the look of.

Just don't let the breasts cloud your judgement.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda or dead or alive.

If you didnt play zelda on the n64 or gamecube then its the obvious choice because it really is one of the best games ever made. If you have played zelda then dead or alive is the 2nd best game out for the 3DS imo (not just for the breasts lol) and they are also the top 2 games in the essentials list atm

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure the majority vote will be Zelda...and i 100% agree as i absolutely love it!
However it all depends on what genre of game you like: fighting/rpg/platform etc.
But tbh..Zelda won't let you down..seriously, even without 3D (which is how i prefer to play it).
And of course..for future releases
biggrin.gif

Anyone from the UK? Bee.com are selling the 3DS AND Zelda for £169.99 so i heard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: