GOG support page reveals that Cyberpunk 2077 saves will corrupt if you have too many items

Save_damaged.png

It's been more than 3 hours since CD Projekt said or did something that added fuel to the fire that has been Cyberpunk 2077's launch, so we're more than overdue for more insanity. For those that won't be refunding their copy, you might want to be aware of the latest issue with the game. Apparently, if your Cyberpunk 2077 save file surpasses 8MB in size, the file will corrupt, and you'll be unable to recover it. GOG has posted a troubleshooting page about the issue, informing players that the problem stems from players who have too many crafting materials and items in their inventory, or from using a known item-duplication glitch. In the future, CD Projekt Red "might" increase the save file size limit, but even if they do, anyone who has a save currently over 8MB will have lost it for good: they will remain corrupted even after the hypothetical patch. This 8MB limit applies to all platforms.

Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

From what im reading cdpr promised refunds to ps4 and xbox digital purchasers before even talking to microsoft or sony and now people are having a hard time getting refunds or not getting them at all. They just keep dropping the ball
they both now guarantee refunds

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this game is an absolute fucking joke. biggest over hyped train wreck release in history! glad i stopped playing it after 2 days my spidey senses were telling me something bad was going to happen.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: gameboy

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id almost refund it but I'm on steam and played it to long so don't think that will happen at all unless steam says they will refund it

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the game almost a looter shooter with gun balancing while also having crafting aspects? It feels predictable that save files would get large

I'm worried they appear to be implying that the this is due to exploiting crafting (as if they're trying to pre-emptively set the path for an excuse).

I'm playing on Xbox at the moment, first couple days, lots of bugs, but I was one of the fortunate ones, nothing major. Now it crashes several times daily, but I save very, very regularly, so I can deal with that.

I suppose I could deal with the corruption, in a way, but if I'm limited on save file size, what do I possibly do?

For the record, I haven't used any exploits, I also sell most things of no use, but I'll have to take a look a d check save file size.

All this assuming this issue isn't limited to GOG / PC?

CDProjectRed, REALLY need to be extremely careful with EVERYTHING they do and say going forward, fir a long time. Personally I like the game and I'm a but fan of the developer, but they've let down a lot of fans, I can understand why they're pissed.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
qkXtHhy.png

Should I be worried, given that I played about an hour, if that? lol

I have multiple saves:

4u4RNu2.png

The final save is about 3MB and I've around 30 hours in. I can imagine it will only increase over time though, crafting components and items saved in the Stash would only increase over time, guess I'll have to keep track of this and make backups.

Ka96CHw.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reaching this size of a save file is unfeasible without cheating/exploiting the crafting mechanic and isn't unheard of in other games. Perhaps CDPR should've implemented a hard cap for inventory space, no doubt they'll patch one in soon enough.

Reactions: subcon959

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fake news? cause I didn't find any"sav.dat" in my PC
Oh I just found it. 5.10MB, 53.2hour, But I did't take too much things. so, yeah, its a big problem.
C:\Users\"name"\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\

Last edited by Lather,
D

Deleted User

This kind of glitch is the one they should pull everyone on the team into fixing immeditely. 8mb is nothing. That is a full on red alert glitch.

The more that keeps coming out about the game, the more heartbroken I am about it. This won't ruin just CDPR for me, but it'll ruin alot of what I love about gaming for me, that the market is now so out of control that this acceptable, and as someone who wishes to be a game dev, and is enough in college learning for it, it fucking hurts.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just wait for the defenders of cyberpunk saying ohh the game is just fine, it has no bugs, no one should blame the devs...

TaruDev_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I feel like cyberpunk should have 1 more year in the oven. I kinda get it there is a crap ton going on in the game, so potential for bugs is pretty high, still yikes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc