Hacking Going From 4.1.0 to 6.2 (Stock to Atmosphere) Questions

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys!

Sorry if this is a stupid thread but I was hoping I could get some guidance from some of you switch-hacking pros! :]
Currently, I am on an unhacked 4.1.0 console (I think without the exFat update). I am trying to get to 6.2 with hekate and Atmosphere (with sig-patches enabled).

I am currently following this guide: https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/

Before I did any updating, even launching into Horizon with a CFW or launching HB menu to update, I created a NAND backup that took forever. That is now done, but I am unsure where to go next. I haven't launched into Horizon yet with CFW. Also, when I am within hekate, I get the error in the following thread (even though I'm still on 4.1.0): https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/9tb6op/updated_to_610_with_autorcm_and_this_happened/

I'm not sure if this sleep mode error is showing up because I am using a 256 GB Samsung Micro SD that is formatted in exFat or what. Would it be best to download the exFat update first or can I just go straight to 6.2 using that updater that doesn't burn fuses and my SD card will be recognized?

Thanks for any guidance, pals.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am on the same general situation, and Atmosphere is not launching from Hekate on OFW 4.1...

Even though devs are dismissing it as far as I have seen, it is possible that 4.1 support ia broken.

andimlikewhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me assist you. I just upgraded from 4.1.0 with unpatched serial(hopefully you checked that too). I think there's an issue with any thing 128GB or greater involving Hekate but still researching not 100% confirm. Make sure Hekate will can read the contents of of the SD and load a firmware. Look into biskeydump.bin and TegraGUIRcm. It's a test during the injector phase.

What I did:
Get version, any FW version from(preferably 6.2.0) a DarkUmbra(website).
Get the CFW
Put Hekate on SD ---> Launch ---> CFW(any payload to load FW or the line that says CFW)

Then:
Youtube - Atmosphère 0.8.2 and put it on the SD card.
How to update offline to Firmware 6.2 - ChoiDujourNX Nintendo Switch CFW Homebrew Tutorial

Watch all his other vids. I can't explain it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Links sex Change of Time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have like 1500 games on my Pi right now and they are all really great games (A few versions of Rayman) but for legit 10 out 10 hmmm Probably like 100ish?
    Also like 4700 Arcade games but that whole collection is a train wreck lol
    I have a Beats of Rage game I love.... Bad Ass Babes lol
    Strippers stopping an alien invasion with super powers and it's a blast to play
    +1
    That is a 10 out 10 game I can't lie, if the subject matter was appropriate I could legit see it being a hit game on multiple consoles.
    It plays that good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Link gets a hard awakening
    +1
    Links Wankening?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i have my tv stick's sd card on my pc right now, gonna add some games I couldnt download from there
    +1
    "Zelda quick grab my master sword!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Link calls the doctor
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Isn't it an actual disorder for someone to sleep too much
    If anyone wants to find that Bad Ass Babes it's on The Internet Archive lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, the controllers that come with it are somewhat bad but atleast I have like other 2 controllers that work
    Ken I think so, I forget the name but there is that condition where people will fall asleep in the middle of a sentence.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cure is meth
    +1
    Not far from the truth Ken lol
    I think the medication for is is actually what meth is made from, or a form of it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Germans were ahead of their time
    That's the one lol
    +1
    Ken are you talking about pervatin? Heh they shouldn't have let me name it lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hitler gets all the credit
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hitler gets all the credit +1