Homebrew Going to sound absolutely stupid here

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so almost a year ago my 3ds got a lil wet in a crazy freak florida rainstorm. Was in a plastic bad that unbeknownst to me had a small hole in it. The battery got fried. So finally I got a new battery, a new charger (old one got rusted from ocean air over time). Now when I use my 3ds, on the home screen, the cursor wants to move all the way as far as possible to the right. I don't know how, but I ended up moving all my folders/games/important icons as far the right as possible. When I enter a folder it does the same thing, but unfortunately the games are on the left side in the folders. If I press the touch left button, it'll go left as far as I want, then as soon as I let go it zooms back to the right. If I use the d pad to try to move left past all my folders, it just zooms right until I'm on one of the folders. Don't know if this can be fixed. I almost want to resort to just getting another one. I found one barely used for $120 on eBay, dude has a lot of stars so... But anyways if I cannot fix this, and I get another one, there's a few games I actually did buy and I believe I backed them up online as legit cias. I don't remember how to find the games in god mode 9, let alone remember how to create a cia file in it. BUT at least I had backed up pretty much every game I have installed online previously cuz I wanted to get a bigger sd card

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like the circle pad is not connected properly, does the circle pad work in the horizontal direction? If you're able to open the system, try disconnecting the cable connecting the circle pad, cleaning both the connector and the circle pad's cable with some alcohol, and connecting it again.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Can also happen if there’s something in the touch screen at the right edge. Happened to me before. Wound up giving a thorough cleaning with a toothpick and fixed it up. Not sure if that was smart or reckless.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can also happen if there’s something in the touch screen at the right edge. Happened to me before. Wound up giving a thorough cleaning with a toothpick and fixed it up. Not sure if that was smart or reckless.
(Wooden) Toothpick sounds a bit dangerous. Might work if careful and you can see any dirt between touch panel and frame/edge. Definitely don't use metal. This will not end well:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-xl-calibrating.525016/

Ok, so almost a year ago my 3ds got a lil wet in a crazy freak florida rainstorm. Was in a plastic bad that unbeknownst to me had a small hole in it. The battery got fried. So finally I got a new battery, a new charger (old one got rusted from ocean air over time). Now when I use my 3ds, on the home screen, the cursor wants to move all the way as far as possible to the right. I don't know how, but I ended up moving all my folders/games/important icons as far the right as possible. When I enter a folder it does the same thing, but unfortunately the games are on the left side in the folders. If I press the touch left button, it'll go left as far as I want, then as soon as I let go it zooms back to the right. If I use the d pad to try to move left past all my folders, it just zooms right until I'm on one of the folders. Don't know if this can be fixed. I almost want to resort to just getting another one. I found one barely used for $120 on eBay, dude has a lot of stars so... But anyways if I cannot fix this, and I get another one, there's a few games I actually did buy and I believe I backed them up online as legit cias. I don't remember how to find the games in god mode 9, let alone remember how to create a cia file in it. BUT at least I had backed up pretty much every game I have installed online previously cuz I wanted to get a bigger sd card
Circle pad not connected/not working/not found would be my first idea as well.
Legit CIAs: For the most this will be personalized legit tickets (eShop purchases). This means they cannot be installed on another console. Dump the games as standard CIA files or use the official transfer app – which is the best idea if still possible. For non-legit titles like cartridge dumps → Nice tutorial

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb