Gaming "Golden" Firmware for PS2 Game Compatability on BC US-80GB Models?

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is in the wrong section please move, but given its about game compatibility i though its good to post here

Now that io got my CECHE setup w/ 4.84 Rebug Rex, i got to trying games from Disc, i noticed some issues i never noticed when i used to have a PS3 way back when, has any FW updates messed w/ PS2 compatibility on the Partial Emulation Units? and if so, whats the golden FW to use on it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I'm aware, there's no such thing. the ps3 has three ps2 emulators: one is for bc, one is for software bc (gx), and the last is for ps2 classics (netemu). only the first two can use peripherals, but I think you need a fully bc system to use most of them. anyway, I've never heard of improved compatibility beyond using config files, but that's for ps2 classics. many of those originally came from the softemu, a predecessor to the netemu (ps2 classics emulator). you can play that one with a cobra dongle or in fsm on 3.55, but it's virtually unplayable. the fps is terrible as I've tested it. it's just an early build of an emulator. it was meant to allow discs to run, but sony got greedy and created ps2 classics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto