goldleaf errors, tinfoil seems fine. help?

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys

i have forever been using goldleaf to install everything, great tool

today i had "the metadata nca could not be located in the nsp" on sparks of hope dlc (both). all googles lead to "update sigpatches" but i have and still no good. i've never faced this error before

i tried the latest tinfoil which i've never used before, and it seems to have installed fine

is there something else causing golfleaf to have this issue? which program is best? i started using goldleaf after sxos couldnt install some stuff or they were corrupt and have been using goldleaf since

basically, i am not sure if goldleaf is good and knows there is something wrong, or is shit and just cant do it,
OR
that tinfoil is shit and cant tell there is something wrong, or that there is nothing wrong and it is better than goldleaf
Post automatically merged:

WELL

looks like goldleaf 0.10 / quark 0.5 was the issue

installed correctly with 0.9/0.4
i copied the nsp directly to the SD, 0.10 failed (2356 0002 "x564") but 0.9 worked fine

it seems i've found a bug in the latest version of goldleaf (and maybe quark i have no idea how they connrect but defo goldleaf)! can i @XorTroll or something?

Last edited by ABGX,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys

i have forever been using goldleaf to install everything, great tool

today i had "the metadata nca could not be located in the nsp" on sparks of hope dlc (both). all googles lead to "update sigpatches" but i have and still no good. i've never faced this error before

i tried the latest tinfoil which i've never used before, and it seems to have installed fine

is there something else causing golfleaf to have this issue? which program is best? i started using goldleaf after sxos couldnt install some stuff or they were corrupt and have been using goldleaf since

basically, i am not sure if goldleaf is good and knows there is something wrong, or is shit and just cant do it,
OR
that tinfoil is shit and cant tell there is something wrong, or that there is nothing wrong and it is better than goldleaf
Post automatically merged:

WELL

looks like goldleaf 0.10 / quark 0.5 was the issue

installed correctly with 0.9/0.4
i copied the nsp directly to the SD, 0.10 failed (2356 0002 "x564") but 0.9 worked fine

it seems i've found a bug in the latest version of goldleaf (and maybe quark i have no idea how they connrect but defo goldleaf)! can i @XorTroll or something?
Glad you found a way forward with Goldleaf!

I keep several installers on my Switches because there’s always some nuance or edge case.

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Tinfoil — alternate location.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
  • Homebrew App Store — Use this app to easily install many other apps!
  • NX-Update-Checker — Checks installed games and DLC for updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER