Android Good Android Games for a Plane Ride?

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going on vacation on Friday and I'd like to play some good offline games for the 3 hour plane trip, any recommendations?
None of those stupid freemium games...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Gta San Andreas, start new game steal airplane in airport (or cheatcode to get hydra) fly into Las venturas getting 5 starts, try to survive, constantly getting shot down and repeat

I did this, was pretty fun

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gta San Andreas, start new game steal airplane in airport (or cheatcode to get hydra) fly into Las venturas getting 5 starts, try to survive, constantly getting shot down and repeat

I did this, was pretty fun
GTA SA mobile doesn't have cheat codes, but I have a 100% complete save on my iPad that I could transfer over because I've done that before :P

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're flying with a friend you can get some simple multiplayer games for free like hangman, checkers, etc.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do planes allow cellphones or wifi? Cause i mean my phone has the airplane mode and it disables that stuff which is okay but some games need wifi access to play like Drift girls and stuff. :unsure:

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do planes allow cellphones or wifi? Cause i mean my phone has the airplane mode and it disables that stuff which is okay but some games need wifi access to play like Drift girls and stuff. :unsure:
I suppose it depends on the company.
As far as I remember, at least in Lufthansa you can use your phone and the (ultra-expensive) provided Wi-Fi inflight even in the middle of nowhere (I mean, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean), but not during the takeoff/landing.

Flight mode is only "enforced" (I would say just suggested) during takeoff and landing.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

RyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really good informative video on the truth about it

But I'm not sure whether or not the plane has Wi-Fi :unsure:

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't waste my time playing most g-play games. Go for the handheld emulators. Every good GBA game stacked, is roughly 2.7gb, but the hours of enjoyment...probably won't last a lifetime. unless...you know...Langoliers or 2016 strikes again.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't waste my time playing most g-play games. Go for the handheld emulators. Every good GBA game stacked, is roughly 2.7gb, but the hours of enjoyment...probably won't last a lifetime. unless...you know...Langoliers or 2016 strikes again.
Yeah, I would suggest exactly that.
But sometimes using a emulated/touchscreen gamepad for time critical actions is really uncomfortable.
That's the reason I suggested Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken (worked great on my old Nexus 4), but I suppose there are many other appropriate games, like e.g. Advance Wars, FF Tactics Advance, etc.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If only cars and buses had wifi :P

But i guess to answer the question, i hardly play the "Android" games, i usually just play what i am familar with, android ports of sonic games like sonic one and two, sonic cd, Final fantsy 7, tactics and secret of mana, a android game has to be real impressive to make me wanna play. The only actual android game i been playing was drift girls but i think many people will dislike the game, being a dating sim racing hybrid it has so many problem and flaws i think it was intended rather than accident and consider fixing.

You could try maybe NBA JAM, soul calibur, Retro city rampage or some SNK arcade games, Unless you got a controller, i wouldn't recommend emulators cause touchscreen is very unfavorable to them. More simple games like free bike race which is a gyrosensing game. Is more like that Trials game where the guy rides the bike through some complex course? but the course is basic, you just have to tilt the phone to shift the weight of the bike to get a quick completion time. Is actually fun and free to play so i recommend that, and maybe the only game i would recommend on android that i played that is free and don't require online to play. :P

Free bike race
Drift Girls

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I'd play a lot more games on my phone when flying, but it hasn't really manifested itself in actuality. I mean, it's only a few hours. I find myself preferring to listen to some podcasts and/or music which can be done passively.

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oceanhorn, Bully, Anomaly 2, The School White Day, Distraint, Final Fantasy 6, Hitman GO, Lara Croft GO, Deus Ex GO, Leo's Fortune, Goo Saga, This War of Mine.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would suggest exactly that.
But sometimes using a emulated/touchscreen gamepad for time critical actions is really uncomfortable.
That's the reason I suggested Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken (worked great on my old Nexus 4), but I suppose there are many other appropriate games, like e.g. Advance Wars, FF Tactics Advance, etc.

That's why it pays to keep a wiimote--so you can use it as a BT controller (when you can use BT), but the on-screen buttons aren't terrible, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!