God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok. recently I've come across a torrent which has the roms 1-799 in it. So I went through them, picked out the ones that I wanted and downloaded them. But now, it's so hard to manager, cause I have like 200 folders with a whole bunch of roms in each.

So I'm out looking for a manager. DS-X Manager is pretty good, but in its current unfinished state, I can't find use for it other than trimming. So I need something with more options. I tried Cattivik66's NDS ROM Manager, but for some reason it won't run on my PC, only on my laptop (the files are on my pc)... Kinda funny cause photoshop works the other way around. So RomCenter doesn't seem to have an NDS list available. So I'm open to suggestions. Please reply if you can help.

Thanks in Advance.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Try OfflineList with the AdvanScene (sp?) dats.

Simple interface and a few features. Depending on what you want to do, it may be a little too simple for you though.

I have only used it for displaying boxart and screenshots with game list but it works well. I'm pretty sure it has a rename feature...

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also highly recommend OfflineList. I use it to manage my NDS/GBA Roms. I have tried NDSCRC Renamer, and unfortunately it seems buggy. The author has implemented many "features" that are quite annoying, and I just don't trust it with my precious ROMS.
smile.gif
OfflineList will help with ROM renaming/rebuilding and will ensure that you have a complete and verified ROM set. It also supports the new .7z compression format that is becoming more popular.

Grab the latest version of OfflineList here and the "ADVANsCEne Nintendo DS Scene Dat" (if you collect demos too, get the "ADVANsCEne Nintendo DS Collection Dat" instead.) Extract the dats to the appropriate directory and you should be good to go!

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ADVANsCEne NDS dat is annoying me at the moment because I'm sooo impatient! The latest rom on it is... 0842 Bionicle heroes. I know I'm just being very impatient but I hate having to have roms sitting in my downloads folder rather than my verified folder especially when they aren't named in my preferred naming format. GBAtemp.net should do a .dat thing! They are always super fast to update when theres a new release!

gr33dy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The ADVANsCEne NDS dat is annoying me at the moment because I'm sooo impatient! The latest rom on it is... 0842 Bionicle heroes. I know I'm just being very impatient but I hate having to have roms sitting in my downloads folder rather than my verified folder especially when they aren't named in my preferred naming format.
laugh.gif
I know what you mean! You sound like me --a perfectionist.

BTW, I am posting 1.5 hours after you and the "Scene" dat appears to be up to date. (Latest ROM = 0848 - Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer - not even on GBATemp yet
wink.gif
). On occasion, I have noticed the "Collection" update laggin' behind a bit, but I don't use it anymore. Anyway, I think they do a good job of keeping them up to date; you can rest assured the dats will at least be updated by the end of the day.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're right gr33dy =) They normally do update it fairly quick! But as you say we are perfectionists!

Wrath of God... I don't think there is unfortunately

onewing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that offflinelist supports 7zip files, but is there any manager that supports merged 7zip files? I personally dont see the point in keeping multiple files with just a few different bits in seperate archives, when I could be saving all that room.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain merged sets to me? I've often seen archives of various things available as a "merged" set but never bothered to find out what the deal is
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically the same rom is released multiple times (USA, EU, Japan and then v1.1 and so forth), a good compressor like 7zip recognises that for the most part the roms have the same sections meaning if you stick them all in one archive things get far smaller (you can just about get a single layer DVD to hold all the N64 roms this way).

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that offflinelist supports 7zip files, but is there any manager that supports merged 7zip files? I personally dont see the point in keeping multiple files with just a few different bits in seperate archives, when I could be saving all that room.

This was actually implemented in the latest beta of Offline list but we haven't heard anything from replouff since august 2006 (he was moving). So let's hope replouff reappear at some point. Another option that was added is you can keep nfo's, etc when rearchiving roms or fixing the archive type (current version gets rid of them in the process).

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually in the process of writing a DS Rom Manager, are there any features that any of you would like to see in it?

My current features list:
• Rename the ROM based on the header info (ROM names will be stored in a database)
• Optional in the naming scheme: Release Number, Country Code, Release Group
• Box Art Display
• Review Scores (from places such as IGN, GameSpot, etc)
• Organize the games into a specific folder
• Direct copy of games in the list to your external media card
• Transparent downloads of ROM Database

I'm open to any suggestions, and the good ones will most definitely be added in, as I'm a feature whore and love adding in new features to software
tongue.gif

--Henry

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds like a pretty dang good list right there hankchill. How frequently would you be updating the dats or whose dats would you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC