OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone!

Recently found my Gameboy micro again (the 25th anniversary edition
biggrin.gif
)!
I have a Supercard SD which I sometimes use in my DS phat, I'm old school like that you see. But it's just a tad too big for my micro.

And the fact that I have to convert GBA games before putting them on the SD card doesn't help either.

Does anyone know a good flash cart which runs GBA games without having to convert anything which is also a normal size cart?
A NES emulator would also be a bug plus.

Thank you for your replies in advance!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's the EZ Flash IV, which is the exact size of a normal cartridge, but you'll have to convert them.

The only card who didn't need any conversion was the Extreme Flash Advance II, which is now long out-of-production. There were some fake ones produced in 2008 that still needed you to convert games, so beware of them.

The only one which you can still buy nowadays is the EZ Flash IV, and I actually recommend you that one. It's a great card, superior to the SuperCard SD in many ways.

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that was fast! Thank you for your reply!

Just had a look at the EZ Flash IV, looks great! Do you know if has any NES emu on it?
My SuperCard SD tends to play anything I throw at it, it's just the size that bothers me.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sadly it's not integrated like the SuperCard iirc, but you can still use it using PocketNES.

That's funny, I still have a SuperCard miniSD and I had all sort of issues with it.
Slowdowns in a lot of GBA games and the horrible Quick-Power-Cycle saving system...

Slowdowns were obviously the deal breaker for me
laugh.gif

The_Hulkster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if it supports PocketNES, that's good enough
smile.gif

Haven't had any slowdowns on any game, only when booting a game it might take a second or 2 longer than an original cartridge. But after that it's fine.

I'm gonna do some research before buying it though
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXVXw5ELqA&pp=ygUYTW9yZSBpbnNhbmUgOTBzIGdhbWUgYWRz