oldwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hello gbatemp community,
My device is protected with a device password and I forgot my google name and password as well as all data related to this google account.
Can I throw the phone in the garbage or is there something I can do?

Thank you so much for reading this,
A desperate guy trying to save his phone

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hello gbatemp community,
My device is protected with a device password and I forgot my google name and password as well as all data related to this google account.
Can I throw the phone in the garbage or is there something I can do?

Thank you so much for reading this,
A desperate guy trying to save his phone

Ignoring the possible implications of this device not being yours... why not factory reset it from the recovery menu?

oldwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
It is mine and no I mean the fact that an android phone is linked to a google account and after doing a factory reset I am still asked for my google account details as well as the device password

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is mine and no I mean the fact that an android phone is linked to a google account and after doing a factory reset I am still asked for my google account details as well as the device password
you can always do a factory reset without logging into your phone. Usually you have to to some button combionations (e. g. holding power and volume up key while starting the phone).

If you tell us your phone model we could tell you the needed combination. Or you just google it. It is often called "hard reset"

However, all data on the phone is lost.

Last edited by Windi,

oldwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
A factory reset/hard reset won't get rid of the google device protection nor does it get rid of the device password. After searching the net, trying to install clean stock roms and trying to find out more about the problem I get the feeling that I can probably throw my phone away.

Last edited by oldwii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your sister did +1