Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hakoda said:
tk_saturn said:
Hakoda said:
I don't ever get that on my computer but I do on other computers, why is that?
It's based on your Cookie's.
So you're saying I clear my cookies, that side bar comes up? I'm not clearing my cookies evar.
Just CTRL+F5 the Google's results page, if you're on FireFox.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dislike for Google has nothing to do with their new design. They've started to filter their searches for news results. Google also collects and stores way too much personal data. I've been using startpage for many of my searches because it's private.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pliskron said:
My dislike for Google has nothing to do with their new design. They've started to filter their searches for news results. Google also collects and stores way too much personal data. I've been using startpage for many of my searches because it's private.

What do you expect? They are capitalists like everyone else and don't do this just because they love people...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Yep, I use the CookieSwap extension for FireFox. Depending on which cookie profile I use, the siderbar is either there or it isn't.

All seems rather pointless to me, it's just repeating the links which are already at the top of the screen. No need to have them twice.
Damn it. Nevermind. Google found me. Sidebar showed and omg its so annoyinggggggggggggg.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
It barely changed.

I like it.
It has a slightly more 'Web 2.0 style' design.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:

You're going to pretty much get the same with other search engines too.

And just because they collect personal data doesn't mean they would give it out or sell it to anyone.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It weirded me out at first. I usually like more minimalist approaches, so thats a +, however I'm finding it more difficult to focus and parse the search results.

I guess I'll get used to it soon and it'll be quick and easy again.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DS1 said:
Arrogant Jerk Mode: Who uses google's main page anymore anyway? What are you people using IE or something without a search bar?

Normal Guy Mode: It's semi-convenient that I don't need to make an extra click to get the side bar to open, but whatever.
This.

Nothing fundamentally changed, so no reason to dislike it IMO.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate it, it reminds me of former MSN image search engine (now BING), wish they would go back to the old simple search layout :/ with the side links on the right.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mostly indifferent, but am peeved that a greasmonkey extension i used (GoogleFX) is now borked thanks to the changes. Hope it's fixed soon. I use it for a more organized and comprehensive search layout. Helps me with my online job too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a "I don't care" option. I go there, punch in words, and hit enter. It could look like a HTML kiddie made it so long as it searches good enough.

I use Wikipedia for most info anyway
wink.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate it because it wastes space on small screens. It looks a bit daft on my 15" 4:3 monitor (the sidebars take up 2/5ths of the screen width) and I've heard it's almost unusable on 7" netbooks. Strikes me as a daft design choice given how many people own those tiny things.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind it too much. I never really went to Google's official site much anyway, I always used the search engine in Firefox. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball