• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

GOP Traffics illegal immigrant into washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But weren't you complaining they were being paid below minimum wage? Many, many of the jobs are get paid in cash and never reported or taxed.
Yes, that's why I also said in this thread that I supported open borders, and programs to promote immigration by making it even easier and giving benefits to doing so. This is not an objection to my post in any way.

• Haha
Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Yes, that's why I also said in this thread that I supported open borders, and programs to promote immigration by making it even easier and giving benefits to doing so. This is not an objection to my post in any way.
But you argue they pay taxes, except they are taken advantage of and paid under the table so they don't pay taxes. So which is it? As a whole they benefit the communities they are in an pay taxes, or they aren't?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your stretching free by like 8 miles, if you think being mislead to hell and back is "free will"
They could not be misled by anyone if they were not already here illegally. Let's go back to the start of the problem and place the blame where it's due. M'kay?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He also said it was "by their own means." Does he think the migrants own the bus they traveled on? No, he just has nothing but bad faith arguments left in him. Like still clinging to the lie that he's "not a Republican," despite arguing on their behalf for six straight pages (plus several other threads). What a clown.
Stop dodging the question, clown.

You get a DUI while driving with your daughter. Are you going to cry about being separated from your family due to you choosing to participate in criminal activity while she was in your custody?

Answer the question.

There is a reason you are refuisng to answer. You know it and I know it.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're going with pay taxes OK. Now let's do emergency rooms in hospitals filled with illegal migrants bringing their children rather for head colds and other minor things.
Do you have an actual objection to my post that is on topic or do you just wanna run through your dialog tree? Because one of these answers nets you a reply and the other gets you ignored for the remainder of the thread.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Do you have an actual objection to my post that is on topic or do you just wanna run through your dialog tree? Because one of these answers nets you a reply and the other gets you ignored for the remainder of the thread.
Yes, you claim they are benefiting the community by paying taxes. My argument is they are draining resources and use more resources they bring in.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work, because contrary to the myths of the right, most people in the country aren't here because they snuck over the border. The vast majority of "illegal" immigration is from people who come here on visas, and then just don't leave. Whether that's because they refuse to, or because they don't even know it's expired (a common issue as well), that's up for sociologists to study. Here's some studies on the topic if you want more info.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...anging-u-s-unauthorized-immigrant-population/

The whole outrage over "illegal" immigration is wholly manufactured. These people still pay taxes, put in their labor, and so on and so forth. I say just fuckin' naturalize em all. They contribute more to the country than people mad about brown people do.
Who is mad about brown people?

Your Strawman is looking a bit tattered, there, sir. It's kind of worn out at this point. NO ONE has mentioned race, even once.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the fact that I am not a woman, I would say this just thinly veiled disrespect that’s piggybacking off Southern hospitality. Regardless, you are being disrespectful towards me.
I am not being disrespectful, ma'am. I am being honest and truthful. You can take it how you will. Personally, I like when people are honest with me.

With all of the disrespectful, and outright hateful things you have said to me, and you have the audacity to get mad that I used a proper term of respect towards you?

It is to laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not being disrespectful, ma'am. I am being honest and truthful. You can take it how you will. Personally, I like when people are honest with me.

With all of the disrespectful, and outright hateful things you have said to me, and you have the audacity to get mad that I used a proper term of respect towards you?

It is to laugh.
So disrespecting someone’s identity because you think it’s the truth is being respectful to me? Nah, that’s not respectful. I am not a woman, saying I am one is disrespecting who I am. If you don’t find that disrespectful, then please eat fucking shit. You don’t deserve respect and I hope one day the staff smartens up and bans your ass.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Prove it.
There’s actually not a lot of resources in regards to total net cost/benefit of illegal immigration. A brief Google-fu session only revealed a handful of studies, all of which were quite outdated. The two big ones (significant enough to be analysed by GAO) were conducted by D. L. Huddle in 1992 (updated 1993) and the Urban Institute (in response to Huddle’s work). The end results showed a cost between $1.8 billion (UI estimate) to $19.3 billion (Huddle’s high end estimate) annually, but we’re talking about the 1993 dollar. If we take the lower end figure and adjust it for inflation (cumulative rate of 105%), you end up with a figure of $3.69 billion at minimum, all else being equal. Sadly, not all else is equal as the safety net and the associated costs have expanded greatly in the last 30 years, so the cost is probably higher than that (just ACA alone would be a huge contributor towards the net cost). To get a true net cost/benefit, a similar study would have to be conducted in a contemporary setting, but you wanted to see numbers, so there.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/hehs-95-133.pdf

It is *extremely* hard to argue that illegal immigration is beneficial to the taxpayer. If anything, it is beneficial to business owners as it provides an exceedingly cheap labour force. It *might* be beneficial to the Social Security fund as illegal workers often times supply false Social Security numbers, thus “contributing” to the fund with no ability to draw out of it later down the line, but even that’s not a rule and it’d have to be investigated to determine the net benefit.

EDIT: If you happen to find a more recent and comprehensive study of similar nature, post it by all means. As I said, this data is 30 years old and doesn’t account for any of the socio-economic and legal changes that took place since.

Reactions: sombrerosonic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol